ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Treaty Clearity on difference SelfEmployed&Company Director

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Deeone

Treaty Clearity on difference SelfEmployed&Company Director

Post by Deeone » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Hello Respective members of the Forum and Gurus,

I have a question that I am seeking Clarification on and Will appreciate my question is regarding exercising treaty rights can an EEA national who is a Director of a registered company that pays Cooperate Tax and use this to show he or she is exercising Treaty rights rather than been a self-employed person because I have my own limited company I use for employment which I paid Corporate Tax on rather than being a self employment.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Treaty Clearity on difference SelfEmployed&Company Direc

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Has the EEA national filled in a tax return and Self assessment?

Is the EEA national registered self employed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Deeone

Re: Treaty Clearity on difference SelfEmployed&Company Direc

Post by Deeone » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks for your response the EEA national has never file a self employed tax but does for Corporate tax as he is not selfemployed but uses his limited liability company that he opens. Everything done is done under the company rather than him