ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ckramer
Newly Registered

Question on Ceremony

Post by ckramer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi all,

Do I have to attend the ceremony in the council mentioned in the invitation letter? The one I put in (niavely), holds one every 6 weeks. I travel quite a bit and might be away at the time of the ceremony. I do want to do the private ceremony to avoid the hassle but today they told me this is around the pre-set dates. Is it possible to go to a different council?

Cheers to all.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Question on Ceremony

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:01 pm

ckramer wrote:Hi all,

Do I have to attend the ceremony in the council mentioned in the invitation letter? The one I put in (niavely), holds one every 6 weeks. I travel quite a bit and might be away at the time of the ceremony. I do want to do the private ceremony to avoid the hassle but today they told me this is around the pre-set dates. Is it possible to go to a different council?

Cheers to all.
I think you should ask this question to council in question to see if they can send your certificate to another council.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:42 pm

The certificate would need to be sent back to HO with a request to change and then resent to the new venue. Easier to just take a day off work and attend tbh.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

intelinside
Pakistan

Post by intelinside » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:29 pm

You can also have a private ceremony that lasts for about 15min. There is an additional cost of £54 for that but you might be able to get the date you want.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:07 am

intelinside wrote:You can also have a private ceremony that lasts for about 15min. There is an additional cost of £54 for that but you might be able to get the date you want.
Charges for private ceremony differ from council to council. I paid £80 and I have heard someone paid £150 in another council.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:30 pm

CR001 wrote:The certificate would need to be sent back to HO with a request to change and then resent to the new venue. Easier to just take a day off work and attend tbh.
I agree. I requested a different council because my "local" one is at the other end of the county, whereas the closest London one is just around the corner. They stated that it's not possible to change it, no further discussion. I didn't argue, but I thought ... well, what I thought is another matter which I leave to your imagination.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein