ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification Please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S0152
Newly Registered

Clarification Please

Post by S0152 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:08 pm

I am not sure If this has been answered before but I hope someone can shed more light on a scenario please.
If a Non-EEA with a residence permit divorce an EEA but marries another EEA and applies for EEA 2 again. Does the clock reset back to zero on time spent as a family member of the first EEA?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Clarification Please

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Very very interesting query. I think that if you spent 3 years then divorce the EU national then better to retain rights instead apply again eea2 with new EU partner. And I also guess that if you immediately marry another EU partner who is excersing its treaty rights then the clock won't reset to zero but continue because eea2 rc does not say the specific name of EU partner rather say family member of EU national and under EU route after 5 years non-eu national partner of EU national can apply PR.