ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work/Study during 10 year Legal Stay?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guruasis2012
Newly Registered

Work/Study during 10 year Legal Stay?

Post by guruasis2012 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi,
I am not very familiar with this route. Can someone tell me if I shall be eligible for it. I was on T1 General for 4 year 11 months but because I couldn't easily meet the salary criteria for T1 extension (which is same for 5year ILR), I am contemplating of switching to Tier 4 for studies, in my case MPhil/PhD. My question is whether I have to keep all original documents (P60s, Payslips etc) of all work (full time during T1 and part time during T4) I have/will do during ALL 10 years to apply for ILR? Is ones passport the only way to prove 10 year continuous stay (including less than 6-month breaks)?
Thanks a lot.