ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Gen premium service process detail

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vp123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Gen premium service process detail

Post by vp123 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:14 pm

I am on a post study work visa that is valid until 30th Jan and I need to switch to a tier 2 general which my employer is willing to sponsor. They do have a sponsorship licence but they need an additional CoS which they have requested from the Home Office last week, and this week they have made an additional request attaching my visa copy to expedite the process as my visa runs out in 9 days. Can you kindly help me with the below

1. Any idea how long does it take for the home office to issue an additional CoS to the company?

2. I plan to go for the premium service as I need to travel internationally in Feb. On receiving the CoS, would it be fine to submit my application online before the 30th Jan (the date the visa expires) and do my biometrics on next available date even if it's post my visa expiry date?

Would really appreciate your responses. Thank you.

kkhan007
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Gen premium service process detail

Post by kkhan007 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:27 pm

vp123 wrote:I am on a post study work visa that is valid until 30th Jan and I need to switch to a tier 2 general which my employer is willing to sponsor. They do have a sponsorship licence but they need an additional CoS which they have requested from the Home Office last week, and this week they have made an additional request attaching my visa copy to expedite the process as my visa runs out in 9 days. Can you kindly help me with the below

1. Any idea how long does it take for the home office to issue an additional CoS to the company?

2. I plan to go for the premium service as I need to travel internationally in Feb. On receiving the CoS, would it be fine to submit my application online before the 30th Jan (the date the visa expires) and do my biometrics on next available date even if it's post my visa expiry date?

Would really appreciate your responses. Thank you.
with my experience, make visa application before your visa expiry. attached email with your application that your company has applied for CoS letter, once your company get CoS for you send it to home office. it happened with me, single advise make your application before your current visa expires because there is an option in for application form whether you have CoS letter or not, so play safe

vp123
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Gen premium service process detail

Post by vp123 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Thank you kkhan007 for the reply.

I just got my CoS and it is sorted :)