ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- June 2015

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKDOCTOR
Newly Registered

ILR- June 2015

Post by UKDOCTOR » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:17 pm

Hello team,
It's nice to be on this website where we can share so many experiences and also get loads of information regarding our problems.
SO, i have few doubts in my mind which i hope someone will clear for me appropriately.
i was reading through all the blogs which were posted on this website and somehow got few answers which were rather confusing.

Question:
1) i assume that my daughter who is born in UK, who holds a UK Birth certificate, i can apply for her BC directly after Myself and my wife gets an ILR this June. Is that right? So that means that there is no need to apply for ILR for my daughter despite of having an INDIAN passport.Is that correct?
2) I need one clarification regarding applying for ILR. I landed in UK on 28th of June 2010, but i got my visa issued on 16/06/2010.So which 28 days should i use for applying for ILR? 28 days before 16th June or 28 days before 28th June 2010 to apply for my ILR?
3)My wives visa was issued on 6th July 2010 and she landed in UK on the 10th of July 2010. So do i have to wait for 28 days before she completes her 28 days or can i apply together with mine( that will not complete 5 yrs for her)
4) when do i take an appointment for Premium service? Can i take it now and keep for June? Is there any particular way to take an appointment? people have been saying that its very very difficult to get an appointment. How can i sort that information out?
5) If i pay the fees by Credit card will that affect my ILR? or will they reject my ILR as i have been using a credit card to pay? the bank statement for saving can be shown along with it but paying by credit card will that affect my application?
6) My current account always has very less money remaining at the end of the month. hardly any actually but i have my saving account which shows the savings i have to maintain family. will my current accounts less balance affect my ILR application?

I would be very happy if someone actually helps me getting the answers to my queries. Many thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ILR- June 2015

Post by manci » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:00 pm

UKDOCTOR wrote:Hello team,
It's nice to be on this website where we can share so many experiences and also get loads of information regarding our problems.
SO, i have few doubts in my mind which i hope someone will clear for me appropriately.
i was reading through all the blogs which were posted on this website and somehow got few answers which were rather confusing.

Question:
1) i assume that my daughter who is born in UK, who holds a UK Birth certificate, i can apply for her BC directly after Myself and my wife gets an ILR this June. Is that right? So that means that there is no need to apply for ILR for my daughter despite of having an INDIAN passport.Is that correct?
she can be registered as BC after you obtained ILR:
https://www.gov.uk/register-british-cit ... after-1983

2) I need one clarification regarding applying for ILR. I landed in UK on 28th of June 2010, but i got my visa issued on 16/06/2010.So which 28 days should i use for applying for ILR? 28 days before 16th June or 28 days before 28th June 2010 to apply for my ILR?
the earliest you are eligible to apply will be 28 days before 16 June 15 - this is assuming that your initial leave was T2G (not T2 ICT).

3)My wives visa was issued on 6th July 2010 and she landed in UK on the 10th of July 2010. So do i have to wait for 28 days before she completes her 28 days or can i apply together with mine( that will not complete 5 yrs for her)
her probationary period was only 2 years, not 5

4) when do i take an appointment for Premium service? Can i take it now and keep for June? Is there any particular way to take an appointment? people have been saying that its very very difficult to get an appointment. How can i sort that information out?

5) If i pay the fees by Credit card will that affect my ILR? or will they reject my ILR as i have been using a credit card to pay? the bank statement for saving can be shown along with it but paying by credit card will that affect my application?
you can pay the fee by any method shown on the application form

6) My current account always has very less money remaining at the end of the month. hardly any actually but i have my saving account which shows the savings i have to maintain family. will my current accounts less balance affect my ILR application?
read 245HF-SD re, the documents you'll need to submit:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

I would be very happy if someone actually helps me getting the answers to my queries. Many thanks.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:16 am

Dates are not released until 42 days in advance so you wouldn't be able to book one now.

Don't worry about getting dates, it is easy getting dates due to the recent changes. From a few years ago, immigration advisers/solicitors who work in the trade were given privilege access to book a block of PEO appointments for themselves who would keep all the available slots to themselves until they weren't required and then cancel them. Also, you did not have to pay for them up front either. This is why it was hard to find available slots and one had to keep checking on a daily basis for cancellations.

This has all changed now. The Home Office has abolished giving anyone privileges and one now has to pay the full cost in advance at the time of booking. This has meant no more block bookings and has made numerous dates available. You could even log on today and book one for tomorrow, that is what the availability is like now.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

UKDOCTOR
Newly Registered

Post by UKDOCTOR » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:51 pm

Thank you so much Manci and WR1, Your help was much appreciated. Thank you so much once again..

UKDOCTOR
Newly Registered

Post by UKDOCTOR » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi Manci, can I just ask u another favour pls? Could you please provide reference for the fact of applying for ILR 28 days before I first got my visa (T2G visa) please? As I just want to be cent percent sure about applying for my visa on 19th May which is 28 days before I got my visa. I had seen a post somewhere I can't see it again which said that. Could you pls give a proper gov.uk reference about application of ILR before 28 days of achieving the first visa. Many thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:43 pm

these are two different things, the qualifying period and the earliest you can apply:

1. The qualifying period:
p22, first para
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eriods.pdf

2, when you can apply
p4
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

UKDOCTOR
Newly Registered

Post by UKDOCTOR » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi Team
Thanks for all your help regarding my ILR queries. I have finally booked my appointment. I wanted to confirm one more thing once again if thats ok. Its regarding my daughter. I have applied for ILR for me and my wife. Not my daughter. i have come to Uk in 2010 june and my daughter was born in 2012. I was not a british citizen nor had leave to settle in UK when she was born,does that mean that i still can apply for her citizenship directly after i get our ILR? i have gone through the MN1 form for citizenship for her and it asks for the date when she got ILR. What do i do? do i apply for her ILR as well or wait for me and my wives ILR and then apply BC for her. Could you please confirm. One of my friend had done ILR for his daughter. She was also born here in UK. the same way like my daughter but he insists me on checking with the lawyer about it. My appointment which i have booked is just for myself and my wife.Could someone please give me some suggestion pls.???? your help will be much appreciated.
Awaiting your reply.
Many thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:18 pm

all explained here in the section on children:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

UKDOCTOR
Newly Registered

Post by UKDOCTOR » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:03 pm

Thank you so much immigration boards for all the advic ethat you gave me. I have successfully got my ILR without any problem in 1 hrs total time. I applied in Sheffeild. It was a easy walk. I followed al the advic ethat you all gave me. Thank you once again. I have now applied for my daughters BC.
Thank You... I will be very happy to help anyone with any queries if they have as i have just got my ILr on the 02/06/15.