ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit- Still qualified for the SS route

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Family Permit- Still qualified for the SS route

Post by Sunshine86 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi Forum Guru

I have a query on the EEA Family Permit to find out if my spouse British National is a qualified person and I can apply for EEA family permit.

I have RC for Ireland and my husband stopped exercising rights in Sept last year(exercised rights for 6months) as we were looking into setting up our own business therefore my husband was travelling abroad for research and meeting potential clients/business partners.

Now we feel ready to start our business in the UK hence the need for me to apply for the family permit.

My concern is whether we have left it too late to apply for the family permit as my husband stopped exercising his rights in Ireland

OR

can i still apply for the FP considering he has exercised his rights four months ago and stating this in the letter to UKBA. Would this work?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

vinny

Re: Family Permit- Still qualified for the SS route

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:13 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Re: Family Permit- Still qualified for the SS route

Post by Sunshine86 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Vinny

So that you all know, I applied for the EEA family permit and I received it within two weeks.

Thank you for all your help here.

I do have a couple other questions on travelling, can you please advise-

I have plans to travel outside the UK for a month when I will apply the EEA2 application. I will only leave once I have the COA in my hand.

Therefore on returning do you think there can be issues
a) on the flight
b) at the UK immigration

Please note I would still be holding the valid EEA family permit during this time, so can I still travel and enter back into the UK?

Please advise.