ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Application rejected for unknown reason

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Re: Wife Application rejected for unknown reason

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:41 pm

Thanks RayKing and SoHopeful
You both are stars
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:07 am

ilrupdates wrote:Thanks RayKing and SoHopeful
You both are stars
But please,your employer must state this income in your letter,not the usual one you get at the beginning of employment.
They should include your total income in the last six month multiplied by 2,that's the annual income they want to see.it's very important.
Best of luck.

maidy

Cat= B : variable income – person residing in the UK

Post by maidy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:05 am

Thanks to all for replying with valuable information.

After reading through the document referred by Rayking, I've decided to go with Cat-b , variable income from salary-with same employer for more than 6 months.

according to guidlines calculation will be in two parts.

Part 1 : average of last 6 months x 12 ..
Part 2: actual gross income received over last 12 months prior to date of application.

both must equal or exceeds required level.

employer letter says: "his annual salary is £23000 which is excluding any bonus and allowances/Overtime."
they cant give any annual figuer other than basic salary. and what i received can be seen on payslips.
Maddy

philemon_bodiba

Post by philemon_bodiba » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:01 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Non salaried income is the average you earned over the period of 6 months. What you earn in one particular month will not matter as long as the average comes to £9300 for 26 weeks or however frequently you are paid. There is no basic salary when you are non salaried because I am assuming if you don't work you don't get paid. Basic salaries are usually guaranteed each month.
It's true, if you don't work you don't get paid. However, there's a basic salary because you'd be contracted to work a certain number of hours a week/fort-night or four weekly..
There very, very easiest way to know if one is in non-salaried is when they don't get paid on the same day of every month. On the other hand, salaried is when you get paid on the same day of every month.
Pa

philemon_bodiba

Re: Cat= B : variable income – person residing in the UK

Post by philemon_bodiba » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:21 pm

maidy wrote:Thanks to all for replying with valuable information.

After reading through the document referred by Rayking, I've decided to go with Cat-b , variable income from salary-with same employer for more than 6 months.

Part 2: actual gross income received over last 12 months prior to date of application.

employer letter says: "his annual salary is £23000 which is excluding any bonus and allowances/Overtime."
they cant give any annual figuer other than basic salary. and what i received can be seen on payslips.
If the letter from your employer states £23000 when you need more than that to apply with two children, you application will fail. It won't matter if you've earned £27000 over the last 12 months which included overtime or whatever.
You'd only be meeting one part, and not the other.
Pa

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:46 am

philemon_bodiba wrote:
SoHopeful wrote:Non salaried income is the average you earned over the period of 6 months. What you earn in one particular month will not matter as long as the average comes to £9300 for 26 weeks or however frequently you are paid. There is no basic salary when you are non salaried because I am assuming if you don't work you don't get paid. Basic salaries are usually guaranteed each month.
It's true, if you don't work you don't get paid. However, there's a basic salary because you'd be contracted to work a certain number of hours a week/fort-night or four weekly..
There very, very easiest way to know if one is in non-salaried is when they don't get paid on the same day of every month. On the other hand, salaried is when you get paid on the same day of every month.
Incorrect. If the contract explicitly states basic salary then you get paid that basic salary however frequently you get paid. If you have agreed to work 18 hours a week (say with an employment agency or similar rolling contract) and paid per hour, then you are paid for the hours you work even if its below the hours agreed initially.

It is important that people know the difference so that they can know for certain that they meet the requirements.

SoHopeful

Re: Cat= B : variable income – person residing in the UK

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:48 am

maidy wrote:Thanks to all for replying with valuable information.

Can they at least add a sentence stating how much additional income you have been paid over the last 12 months?

yasirctl00001
Newly Registered

Post by yasirctl00001 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:36 pm

I just want to ask few questions regarding spouse Visa for my partner from Pakistan.

Regarding financial requirement:

I am doing job since 2009 in same company full time but i get hourly rate pay , ITS NOT SALARIED.So it variable every month.
from jan 2014 until Dec 2014 my pay is as follows (NOTE i get monthly pay)
jan 1726
feb 1690
mar 2028
apr 1657
may 1625
jun 1731
jul 1617
aug 1722
sep 2019
oct 1947
nov 1522
dec 1470
TOTAL £20754

1-

So what category i have to apply for my spouse visa is it A or B (CONFUSED) as you can see my salary fall under 1550 in Nov and December as its hourly paid (variable) and not salaried employment.

2-

My question is do i need to show last 6 month salary slips or for 12 months ?

3-

If its last six months then how it is calcualted??

jul 1617
aug 1722
sep 2019
oct 1947
nov 1522
dec 1470

£10297

which is 10297 correct?

4-

Also do i need to pay visa fees for my spouse in Uk or from Pakistan?

5-

And if my child born here in UK after my spouse come here , my child can get passport directly or he or she needs to be naturalize as well?

6-

Also my spouse has to show £18600 income every year i mean on extension and at the time of applying ILR after 5 years?

Many thanks

maidy

Post by maidy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:02 am

yasirctl00001 wrote:I just want to ask few questions regarding spouse Visa for my partner from Pakistan.

Regarding financial requirement:

I am doing job since 2009 in same company full time but i get hourly rate pay , ITS NOT SALARIED.So it variable every month.
from jan 2014 until Dec 2014 my pay is as follows (NOTE i get monthly pay)
jan 1726
feb 1690
mar 2028
apr 1657
may 1625
jun 1731
jul 1617
aug 1722
sep 2019
oct 1947
nov 1522
dec 1470
TOTAL £20754

1-

So what category i have to apply for my spouse visa is it A or B (CONFUSED) as you can see my salary fall under 1550 in Nov and December as its hourly paid (variable) and not salaried employment.
CAT-B
2-

My question is do i need to show last 6 month salary slips or for 12 months ?
for cat-B 12 months payslips and bank statement
3-

If its last six months then how it is calcualted??

jul 1617
aug 1722
sep 2019
oct 1947
nov 1522
dec 1470

£10297

which is 10297 correct? NO
cat B to meet req need to calclate in two parts
Part one.... avg of last six months divided by six multiplied by 12, Result should be equal or exceed what is required e.g 18600 or more#
Part Two.... actual total of gross received in last twelve months i.e 20754 (again should be equal or exceeds what is required )

4-

Also do i need to pay visa fees for my spouse in Uk or from Pakistan?
either way you can pay
5-

And if my child born here in UK after my spouse come here , my child can get passport directly or he or she needs to be naturalize as well?
if born in uk must be naturalize first to get citizenship certificate
6-

Also my spouse has to show £18600 income every year i mean on extension and at the time of applying ILR after 5 years?
She is comming as ur dependent so for extension you have to show ur income again. if she start working and earns enough she can apply as independent then she can show her own income.

Many thanks
Maddy