ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) Application for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ibbie
Newly Registered

SET(M) Application for Spouse

Post by Ibbie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Hello everyone,

My wife applied for her spouse visa before 9 July 2012, she came to the UK in Dec 2012 and her visa expires in Feb 2015. We are in the process of getting everything together to apply for her ILR soon.

I had a couple of questions, which I have not been able to find answers to on the board. I hope I can get some advice:

1. We live with my parents in rented accommodation. The tenancy agreement expired over a year ago and we have continued to live in the property on a periodic tenancy basis. Do we need to provide a tenancy agreement as part of the SET(M) application?

2. What is the latest date that we can apply for the ILR?

3. As Director of my own limited company, are my payslips and corresponding bank statements enough to prove my income or do these have to be verified by an accountant?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Also, I just have to mention that I have been a silent member on this board for a very long time - you guys have helped me a lot since my wife's application for a spouse visa in 2012. Just reading all the posts provided us with the assistance we needed and a great deal of comfort during this journey. I am and continue to be ever grateful to the moderators and all the members that make up this board.

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Re: SET(M) Application for Spouse

Post by Ibbie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Could someone please advise me regarding my questions?

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi, could someone please help?

Ilr12345
Newly Registered

Post by Ilr12345 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:37 pm

HI,

1/ No tenancy agreement needed.

You have to demonstrate that you and your partner have been living in the same house. You will provide Letters/documents sent to you jointly or separately at the same address (see page page 31 of SET M form for details on the type of letters and documents accepted). These letters/documents have to be spread over the last two years.

2/ Ideally before the current stay expires. Note that you can apply anytime during the last 28 days of the current stay.

3/ I do not know. Sorry.

Hope i helped. Good luck !

Ibbie
Newly Registered

Post by Ibbie » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:39 pm

Thank you very much for your reply Ilr12345. Could someone please help me with my third question?