ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SNSNA
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by SNSNA » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi Everyone :)

My Timeline

Application sent : 18th Sep 2014
Acknowlwedgement Letter ISSUED: 22nd Sept 2014
Fees Deducted: 23rd Sep 2014
Biometric request letter issued: 03rd Oct 2014
Biometric done : 11th Oct 2014
Four (4) Standard Months Passed: 19th Jan 2015 :!:
Decision :roll: : Still NO RESPONSE.... Waiting for UKBA

If anyone has received their decision or documents please update skydrive :?:

Many thanks

dylan

Post by dylan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello everyone

I have seen some people have mentioned about a sky drive file of ILR timeline. I have found links to old sky drive files and google doc file. But not the up to date sky drive file. Can someone please share the link? :wink:

thanks in advance.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:24 pm

dylan wrote:Hello everyone

I have seen some people have mentioned about a sky drive file of ILR timeline. I have found links to old sky drive files and google doc file. But not the up to date sky drive file. Can someone please share the link? :wink:

thanks in advance.
check out page 983,scroll down and you find it.got problem in system,cannot share link

dylan

Post by dylan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:41 pm

shahfurqan wrote:

thanks in advance.
check out page 983,scroll down and you find it.got problem in system,cannot share link

Thanks for the reply buddy. That I had found. I was after sky drive link in case that file has different data to compare. Anyway thanks again :wink:

psarkar
Newly Registered

Post by psarkar » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:36 pm

Hello

I have a query. We (myself, my wife and my son) came here in UK on 15th March 2005 and eligible to apply for ILR under 10 Year rule. My question is can we all apply at the same time. When we came here my wife and my son came here as my dependent.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
PS

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:03 am

psarkar wrote:Hello

I have a query. We (myself, my wife and my son) came here in UK on 15th March 2005 and eligible to apply for ILR under 10 Year rule. My question is can we all apply at the same time. When we came here my wife and my son came here as my dependent.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
PS
Yes, All of you can apply for set lr. Though it gonna be 3 seprate applications.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:05 am

dylan wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:

thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply buddy. That I had found. I was after sky drive link in case that file has different data to compare. Anyway thanks again :wink:
Sky drive or spread sheet or timeline same thing. same info

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:35 am

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
psarkar wrote:Hello

Thanks in advance.
Regards
PS
Yes, All of you can apply for set lr. Though it gonna be 3 seprate applications.
@Parkar,mate i am very much confident that all of you three are eligible to apply for set(lr) but make sure your wife and kid cannot apply as dependent in this long residence category but upon completion of your qualified time for set(lr),you all will separately apply with separate fee and on separate form.pls make sure you also consult some senior solicitor as well to discuss the same query as this kind of query has never been raised or may be raised ages ago on the forum but this is what with the best of our knowledge.

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:47 am

Allesheikh wrote:
K4 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:Hi
Any news of TOEIC held applications?

thanks
hi hammad14

I am in the same situation applied 29 aug what about you?
Hi K4

Are you still waiting for your approval. I have applied on 26 August still waiting. I have also requested through MP to expedite my application that was two weeks back but still no news. Have you received any letter saying it would take more time to decide your application. Called twice last week but they said decision is not made yet continue to wait.
Getting worried now as my case was straight forward.

hi Allesheikh

No I haven't received my decision nor the letter stating it will take more then 6 months. I had previous history with toeic that's why my case is delayed. Hope you get yours soon it takes around 4 weeks when you get your MP involved ask your MP again has he received any reply from HO.
Good luck and do pray for all of us

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:18 am

shahfurqan wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:Hi guyz and senior members
Here i am again seeking ur valuable advice and suggestion. As i received my ILR yesterday now i would like tojoin my wife from india. So can you please suggest me regarding documents and the entire process. Just to let you know i work part time and has registered sole trader business. I have little knowledge regarding dependent application. But please anyone from forum light on my case please. Much appreciated :? :D :? :wink:

Do i have to maintain certain balance for maintenance purpose??
@Jignesh455,Its been pleasure to know about your approval and my dear friend with all due respect this forum has been particularly designed for long residence applicants only and now that you have received your approval and you are willing your wife to join you so its indeed a very different topic and there is a seperate thread/forum on the same website where you could raise your query and there are also very senior people answers queries.on this long residence forum we may not be able to guide you of the entire documents/procedure you want to know and there are high possibilities of getting misguide.

Can you please post that thread for me please buddy if you...... Much appreciated!!!!
Regards
jignesh

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:35 am

jignesh455 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:Hi guyz and senior members
Here i am again seeking ur valuable advice and suggestion. As i received my ILR yesterday now i would like tojoin my wife from india. So can you please suggest me regarding documents and the entire process. Just to let you know i work part time and has registered sole trader business. I have little knowledge regarding dependent application. But please anyone from forum light on my case please. Much appreciated :? :D :? :wink:

Do i have to maintain certain balance for maintenance purpose??
@Jignesh455,Its been pleasure to know about your approval and my dear friend with all due respect this forum has been particularly designed for long residence applicants only and now that you have received your approval and you are willing your wife to join you so its indeed a very different topic and there is a seperate thread/forum on the same website where you could raise your query and there are also very senior people answers queries.on this long residence forum we may not be able to guide you of the entire documents/procedure you want to know and there are high possibilities of getting misguide.

Can you please post that thread for me please buddy if you...... Much appreciated!!!!
Regards
If you go to the board index and look for the immigration for the family members,i believe you will find all of your queries answers.thanks

ukresources
Newly Registered

Post by ukresources » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:09 am

Guys i guess Google docs application is not working properly... i am not able to scroll down properly.

ukresources
Newly Registered

Post by ukresources » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:12 am

Guys i guess Google docs application is not working properly... i am not able to scroll down properly.

Leeds11
Newly Registered

Post by Leeds11 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:39 am

Hi guys,
I am new to the forum, Can any one help me with this
i am applying for ILR on 10 year long stay basis,I arrived in the UK on Nov 05 i will be applying some time in oct 15, there is a gap in my Tier 1 visa, I was issued a Tier 1(general) on Aug 2010 but when i applied for extension in Aug 2012 i was refused and was granted a visa in June 2013 after a successful appeal.
so my visa expired in aug 2012 & a new was issued in june 13, all the time my Passport was with the HO.

Will visa gap cause any problems when i apply in Oct 2015, how do i justify my Gap in my Application form.
Please advise
Jazakallah

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:59 am

maddysheffield wrote:Finally .....got approval letter dated 17th .....thanks for all the well wishers in the forum ...as I said before this is the only place we expect other to get success ... amazing ...called DX they have parcel will deliver on Monday ...

Wish everyone gets their approval soon ....

Madly congratulations. You truly deserved it. Best of luck. I just rang DX and they said my biometrc card will be delivered by 1700 today hopefully.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:03 pm

Leeds11 wrote:Hi guys,
i am applying for ILR on 10 year long stay basis,I arrived in the UK on Nov 05 i will be applying some time in oct 15, there is a gap in my Tier 1 visa, I was issued a Tier 1(general) on Aug 2010 but when i applied for extension in Aug 2012 i was refused and was granted a visa in June 2013 after a successful appeal.
so my visa expired in aug 2012 & a new was issued in june 13, all the time my Passport was with the HO.

Will visa gap cause any problems when i apply in Oct 2015, how do i justify my Gap in my Application form.
Please advise
Jazakallah
Time spent under appeal is counted lawful towards 10 years residency. So dont worry you gonna be fine.

lsagar30

Post by lsagar30 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi friends. As updated in the forum I submitted my application on the the 28th of November. Now my dad in India is in a critical condition as he is in the last stage of cancer. Is there any way I can get my approval earlier? If they ask me for proofs I can provide them. Is it ok to call them and ask what I can do in this situation. Please help. thanks in advance.

sajnan
Pakistan

Post by sajnan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:18 pm

hi guys Just to let u know

THanks to ALLAH, one of my friends who applied on 17th September 2014 has received his approval today,dated 22nd jan.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:51 pm

lsagar30 wrote:Hi friends. As updated in the forum I submitted my application on the the 28th of November. Now my dad in India is in a critical condition as he is in the last stage of cancer. Is there any way I can get my approval earlier? If they ask me for proofs I can provide them. Is it ok to call them and ask what I can do in this situation. Please help. thanks in advance.
Hello Isagar, You can send them proof with cover letter directly to ukvi or you can ask your MP to send them your proof. I had sent request 2 weeks b4 but did not get any responce so far. But try your luck. It might work.

lsagar30

Post by lsagar30 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanku imraniqbal2010. I have asked the doctor to send me a letter through email. If you don't mind asking what was your reason for edpediation? May be they are processing your application.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:03 pm

lsagar30 wrote:Thanku imraniqbal2010. I have asked the doctor to send me a letter through email. If you don't mind asking what was your reason for edpediation? May be they are processing your application.
Sent you a msg

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Leeds11 wrote:Hi guys,

Please advise
Jazakallah
@Leeds,mate if you have been given right of appeal and you files your appeal in the time limit and also if you made your application in time at the first stage,then you were covered under 3c and 3d and your continuity of long residence should not and will not break.

nj26
Newly Registered

Post by nj26 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi there,

I have been a silent reader in this forum for a long time. I am pleased to say that after 5 months wait, I have been granted ILR on the 20/01/15. I have come to this forum mainly to see other people experiences in regard to ILR application. I have learnt so much on this forum and that is why I'm also sharing my details so that someone else can benefit from my application journey. There are a few things that I have learnt from this experience that I think will help new applicants:

1. Every application is unique. I've been on this forum everyday researching time scales, reading about other people experiences, trying to compare my journey with other people. At the end of the day, it is like crossing a big forest. There are so many pathways, so similar but each different from one another. So do learn from our experiences but always remember your case is unique.

2. Have a lot of patience. It's been a long journey towards ILR and the wait is so exhausting and stressful as well. Don't let it get to you. My hubby told me that on the day I got my ILR, I was a changed person and that during the 5 months wait, he felt so much anxiety and negative vibes from me. I now realise that yes I did let the stress affect me personally and that's not good for people around you. So do have a good support system around you no matter how easy or complicated your case is.

3. Have faith. Some people pray, others meditate, some laugh and some have a good cry, but whatever you do, have faith in yourselves and people around you. I have never used any professional help to renew my visa before but for my ILR, I did use a solicitor. There are so many people who have processed their application themselves. If you are confident, then go ahead and do it but do remember to check the HO website for all the rules and changes made.

Congrats to all of you who have been granted their ILR, Good Luck to all those who are still waiting for a decision and to all those who have been rejected, don't be beaten down and prepare some good arguments to fight your case.

I hope this forum continue to help other people as much as it did to me. I will still come back to this forum for more help in the future and a big massive thank you to all the people contributing in the forum, please continue to do so.

I have put my details on the google drive

A summary of my immigration history can be found in another thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1038128

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:00 pm

lsagar30 wrote:Hi friends. As updated in the forum I submitted my application on the the 28th of November. Now my dad in India is in a critical condition as he is in the last stage of cancer. Is there any way I can get my approval earlier? If they ask me for proofs I can provide them. Is it ok to call them and ask what I can do in this situation. Please help. thanks in advance.
@isagar,mate you definitely could apply for the expedition of your case on compassionate reason as your dad is severely ill.The best thing to do is to involve your local MP if possible but its not hard and fast rule as you could get a brief letter from your dad hospital explaining the whole situation and your dad medical reports,you could right a cover letter by yourself and send along with all the proofs.the best thing is to get doctor letter on the letter head.hope they will consider your case.

sjy22
Newly Registered

Post by sjy22 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi all,

I have been a silent reader of this forum.

I have been so much helped by the information from it.

Three members of my family and I have all received the approvals of ILR as it follows.

Applied on 9th Sep 2014, separate 4 applications
Ack Letters received on 15th Sep 2014 (Dated 12th Sep 2014)
Bio Letters received on 7th Oct 2014 (Dated 3rd Oct 2014)
Bio enrolled on 8th Oct 2014
Approved on 20th Jan 2015
Approval Documents and BRPs received on 26th Jan 2015

Please update theses info in the Google datasheet for others' references.

Very best of luck to everyone who is still waiting for the approval.

SJY22
Last edited by sjy22 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.