ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive sicknes insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cancerionn11

Comprehensive sicknes insurance

Post by cancerionn11 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi there.
My wife is an EEA national. We have complicated situation but at the moment we are looking to buy comprehensive sickness insurance as she is resigning from her job to look after our little boy. So I will be the only person employed , I am non -EEA . I earn enough to support my family but if we want to apply for EEA4 in the future we need that insurance. And now my questions are - which companies we should consider? On the internet there is a lot of different information , most of them saying that these applications have been rejected as the insurance was wrong. Also do we need to insure whole family? Or just wife? Cos I am working full time so I am paying insurance for myself.
Appreciate any help with the subject

bil123
- thin ice -

Re: Comprehensive sicknes insurance

Post by bil123 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:01 pm

you need to cover all family members including your child , as you are going to be a self sufficient , I bought Aviva the most cheapest one , jsut £12 a month ,my Rc was refused cz of the CSI but later appeal was allowed .so you can take a chance too.

bil

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:20 pm

I am not doing marketing but can say that WPA policies are very successful because very comprehensive and cheap too.

cancerionn11

Post by cancerionn11 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:39 pm

Thank you for the replies so far. Is it comprehensive sickness insurance or health insurance or anything else we require?

Also I was checking on WPA it was coming quite expensive. Is there a different way to buy insurance or any comparison website?
Last edited by cancerionn11 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:03 am

How come wpa expensive :P :lol:

See below how cheap and comprehensive they are to close caseworker mouth:
http://www.wpa.org.uk/products/student- ... efits.aspx

cancerionn11

Post by cancerionn11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks Universal Soldier.

The link you provided is for students. However, none of us are students and for student, I think since we will have to insure the whole family we may not be eligible for this and will not qualify for EEA also.

She will be at home to look after our little baby that is the main reason and she wont be a student.

Also we require to get a comprehensive?

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:39 am

I'll be in the same boat soon. My wife leaving her job to after our little one.... Any concrete policy would do the trick.

Let me know as well please as soon as you find out bud.

Thanks
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Good day,

I am confused, why are you insuring your whole family? is your children not EU/EEA citizens or will you be applying EEA3/4 for your children as well?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:49 pm

cancerionn11

Post by cancerionn11 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:50 am

I spoke to WPA and they suggested to buy XS policy and also they are aware that most buyers of this specific policy have intentions to cover the requirements of HO.
I read that There is no standard wording for comprehensive sickness cover in the insurance world and you cannot simply ask for a comprehensive sickness policy. Insurance companies are reluctant to claim that a particular policy is comprehensive as there are dozens of variations of cover, options, exclusions and plans on offer.
I am still unsure where to buy the policy for a good price.

ksquared
Newly Registered

Post by ksquared » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:29 pm

cancerionn11 wrote:I spoke to WPA and they suggested to buy XS policy and also they are aware that most buyers of this specific policy have intentions to cover the requirements of HO.
I read that There is no standard wording for comprehensive sickness cover in the insurance world and you cannot simply ask for a comprehensive sickness policy. Insurance companies are reluctant to claim that a particular policy is comprehensive as there are dozens of variations of cover, options, exclusions and plans on offer.
I am still unsure where to buy the policy for a good price.
Hi there,

I'm in a similar situation as you: I'm non-EEA and my wife is an EEA national who is a stay-at-home mum. What was the cheapest quote you've received?

I haven't been in the UK for 6 months yet, so (apparently) I wasn't able to get a quote from WPA. I spoke to someone at Usay Compare and he was able to find me a quote from Aviva for 35.40 GBP/month for me, my wife and our daughter. That was with 1000 GBP excess. There was also the option of a 2000 or 3000 GBP excess for ~29 and ~19 GBP/month respectively.

Is WPA XS better than those? Would a 3000 GBP excess have a good chance of satisfying HO in anyone's experience?

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:55 pm

I have just taken out Health Insurance from General Medical. Covering Majority of the issues. Premium = £90.00 / month includes me, my wife, my child and my parents.
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

ksquared
Newly Registered

Post by ksquared » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:02 pm

I phoned the HO today and asked them about the Sickness Insurance requirement, specifically if the amount of excess mattered. The lady told me that it didn't matter, so I figure I'll go with the cheapest I find.

So far for me it's Aviva (quoted from Usay) with £5000 excess for £19.06/month.

Fingers crossed that HO accepts it. I'll update when I get a reply, but it'll be a few weeks until I'm ready to apply.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:38 pm

ksquared wrote: So far for me it's Aviva (quoted from Usay) with £5000 excess for £19.06/month.

Fingers crossed that HO accepts it. I'll update when I get a reply, but it'll be a few weeks until I'm ready to apply.
Not just Home Office but hospitals too. Immigration Act 2014 law aim to stop NHS abuse and all hospitals and GP will be forced to check work status of everyone and bill them and their families if EEA citizen not in work. You will need to prove to them that you can pay the bill if your family wants treatment. GP visit still free but not NHS rates for medicines or treatment, you need to pay private for that. Same with dentists, no more NHS rates.

CSI needs to cover accidents and emergencies if you live in England. A & E in England will stop being free at end of this year. Only those allowed NHS for free will use A & E for free.

ksquared
Newly Registered

Post by ksquared » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:10 pm

Thanks for the extra info. I've decided to play it safely and get better coverage with no excess. Does anyone know if the 6 week option is accepted by HO?