ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:55 pm

Hi All,

Congratulations to all of those forum fellows who have received their approvals.best of luck all,Please do not forget us in your prayers. :D

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Has anyone called the HO today?

Timata24
Newly Registered

Post by Timata24 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi All,
Congrats to all who have been hearing good news in the past few months and my prayers for those who are waiting.
I will be submitting my application this week and will join the long list of people waiting.
My wife has also qualify for ILR and we are looking to submit her application as well.
I have a question and I am hoping someone can help me with an answer.
Will HO accept Post Graduate Certificate at the University of East London for Knowledge of English. My wife started an MSc but could not complete it due to relocation and having babies, however she has been credited with a Post Graduate Certificate. I checked on the PBS calculator and it awarded her 30points however I am worried/not sure if this will be accepted as the requirement is a degree taught or researched in English.
Can someone please shed more light on this one for me. Thanks

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:25 pm

shahfurqan wrote:Hi All,

Congratulations to all of those forum fellows who have received their approvals.best of luck all,Please do not forget us in your prayers. :D
Got my BRP today approval date 17th . Hey shahfurqan im waiting for your approval ...hope you get us sooooo n

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:34 pm

maddysheffield wrote:

Got my BRP today approval date 17th . Hey shahfurqan im waiting for your approval ...hope you get us sooooo n
@maddy,thanks maddy,God bless,happy to hear you have received your BRP,honestly mate i have been anxiously waiting,do not forget in your prayers mate,had invalid application in past and do not trust HO specially when juniors dealing with bit complexed cases,but i shall still stay positive that glass is half filled as well rather saying its half empty.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:37 pm

Timata24 wrote:Hi All,
Congrats to all who have been hearing good news in the past few months and my prayers for those who are waiting.
I will be submitting my application this week and will join the long list of people waiting.
My wife has also qualify for ILR and we are looking to submit her application as well.
I have a question and I am hoping someone can help me with an answer.
Will HO accept Post Graduate Certificate at the University of East London for Knowledge of English. My wife started an MSc but could not complete it due to relocation and having babies, however she has been credited with a Post Graduate Certificate. I checked on the PBS calculator and it awarded her 30points however I am worried/not sure if this will be accepted as the requirement is a degree taught or researched in English.
Can someone please shed more light on this one for me. Thanks
@Timata,i am very much sure that requirement is the degree so better do not take risk.

effell007

Post by effell007 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Called home office today. Application is with case worker and still in progress. They are working on September applications. Nothing much i asked as i know what she gonna reply.
my history-
Applied 26.9.14
Approval 3.10.14
Bio rec 17.11.14
Bio enrolled 26.11.14

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Hello, What's your timeline ? Are your details on spreadsheet?

Dynamo
Newly Registered

Post by Dynamo » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:Has anyone called the HO today?
Called and HO confirmed that they are about to finish September applications. October applications are not started yet.
Probably see first approval by next Monday.

mkm
Newly Registered

Post by mkm » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi all

I have been a silent reader for the last couple of months.
I am on the tracker as MKM and applied ILR on th 27 oct 2014.
I requested the HO to expedite my case on medical grounds on the 5 Jan 2015 as my mother is not well.
Called the HO today at around 1 pm and they said that they have considered my request and my case is with the case worker. The next stage is decision and I should hear from them shortly.
I have just (21:55) checked royal mail and my item's status has changed the to "It's on its way.We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 27/01/15"
Hopefully I should receive it tomorrow.Please pray that I get an approval tomorrow.
I had a pretty straight forward case with no gaps or out of time apps.
This forum has been a great support and a good source of information although I found it after applying.
Keep up the great work guys. You are doing a good job here.
I will update the forum tomorrow about the outcome and will try to keep up after that as well.
Best wishes all who are waiting, inshallah (god willing) your waiting will be over soon.
remember me your prayers.....be patient and keep your hopes high.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:40 pm

mkm wrote:Hi all

I requested the HO to expedite my case on medical grounds on the 5 Jan 2015 as my mother is not well.
Called the HO today at around 1 pm and they said that they have considered my request and my case is with the case worker. The next stage is decision and I should hear from them shortly.
I have just (21:55) checked royal mail and my item's status has changed the to "It's on its way.We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 27/01/15"
Hopefully I should receive it tomorrow.Please pray that I get an approval tomorrow.
This forum has been a great support and a good source of information although I found it after applying.
I will update the forum tomorrow about the outcome and will try to keep up after that as well.
Best wishes all who are waiting, inshallah (god willing) your waiting will be over soon.

Good luck, How did you request and did you provide any proof as well to expedite?

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:55 pm

mkm wrote:Hi all

@mkm,Best of luck dear,hope you get your approval and the Almighty bless your mother with good health.please pray for us as well.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:56 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:

Hello, What's your timeline ? Are your details on spreadsheet?
@Imraniqbal,mate am already on the spreadsheet under the name Saba,please do not forget us in your prayers.

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:04 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Hello Members,

I have applied on 1st Dec 2014.

I am very stressed and confused now. I thought my case will be straight forward but after reading some of the comments from other members I am very depressed.

My Immigration History is as follows:

Entered in the UK 21st Dec 2004

Was student Till August 2010

PSW : September 2010 - Sept 2012

Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur in September 2012 got refusal in March 2013. Appeal with in a week time.

Had a Court hearing in September 2013. Judge allowed the appeal refunded the court fee and request the H.O to make a new decision.

Got my Visa in December 2013.

(((((Now my question is:
In December 2009 I did applied for student visa extension, In Feb 2010 the college got de- listed and H.O sent my application back in March 2010 not because of the college was de-listed. The cheque I submitted with the application wasn't signed so they asked me to use another payment method and send the application. I applied again with in 28 days with a different college and got the visa in June 2010.)))))))

Did this situation break my continuous period of 10 years? ???????????

Does anyone have or had a similar situation of the application returned as invalid in past but still got the ILR.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
hello dear,where you got refused and you had been given an appeal right,you did appeal timely and you won appeal and in a result you have been granted a visa,if you applied for your visa before the expiry of your previous visa means an in time application then i could guarantee your continuity is not broken because you were covered under 3c.as for as your student extension concerned,again if you applied an in time application and when it was returned back as invalid and was asked to resubmit it within 28 days and you did,then again as for as the immigration rules part 7,276(b)(V) you have not broken your continuity.there r lots of approvals who had the same invalid issue and they had been granted with approval and afcourse there are few as well who had the issue and they were refused so it clearly indicates the HO capability of deciding applications,hope for the best what happens,happens anyway.

Jazak Allah for the Prompt response SHAHFURQAN very kind of you.

Feeling Bit relieved now. But still there is a grey area there. I was reading somewhere probably on guidance notes that if your application returned as invalid you become over stayer if your current leave to remain has already been expired . But if your application gets refused and you get a right of appeal you are covered by section 3d, 3c. This doesn't break your continuity which you also mentioned.

The over staying periods counts from your previous visa expiry date till your new leave to remain visa date. There is no 28 days in time application periods for invalid applications.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Please provide me any link if possible which have information regarding this particular issue.

I would also request other members to share their knowledge and experience regarding this issue.

Congratulations to MADDY and all the other member who have recently received their approvals.

Thank you very much in Advance.

mkm
Newly Registered

Post by mkm » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:13 pm

@shahfurqan
thanks mate, hope you get yours soon inshallah

@imraniqbal2010
yes buddy I did, letter from the hospital and some other medical documents with a covering letter,

I sent everything to the HO on the 5/01/2015 and then on the 12th I contacted my local MP and wrote to Teresa May as well.
So don't really know which one worked but I am getting a reply tomorrow.
inshallah I ll get an approval.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:23 pm

Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:
Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Hello Members,

I have applied on 1st Dec 2014.

I am very stressed and confused now. I thought my case will be straight forward but after reading some of the comments from other members I am very depressed.

My Immigration History is as follows:

Entered in the UK 21st Dec 2004

Was student Till August 2010

PSW : September 2010 - Sept 2012

Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur in September 2012 got refusal in March 2013. Appeal with in a week time.

Had a Court hearing in September 2013. Judge allowed the appeal refunded the court fee and request the H.O to make a new decision.

Got my Visa in December 2013.

(((((Now my question is:
In December 2009 I did applied for student visa extension, In Feb 2010 the college got de- listed and H.O sent my application back in March 2010 not because of the college was de-listed. The cheque I submitted with the application wasn't signed so they asked me to use another payment method and send the application. I applied again with in 28 days with a different college and got the visa in June 2010.)))))))

Did this situation break my continuous period of 10 years? ???????????

Does anyone have or had a similar situation of the application returned as invalid in past but still got the ILR.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
hello dear,where you got refused and you had been given an appeal right,you did appeal timely and you won appeal and in a result you have been granted a visa,if you applied for your visa before the expiry of your previous visa means an in time application then i could guarantee your continuity is not broken because you were covered under 3c.as for as your student extension concerned,again if you applied an in time application and when it was returned back as invalid and was asked to resubmit it within 28 days and you did,then again as for as the immigration rules part 7,276(b)(V) you have not broken your continuity.there r lots of approvals who had the same invalid issue and they had been granted with approval and afcourse there are few as well who had the issue and they were refused so it clearly indicates the HO capability of deciding applications,hope for the best what happens,happens anyway.

Feeling Bit relieved now. But still there is a grey area there. I was reading somewhere probably on guidance notes that if your application returned as invalid you become over stayer if your current leave to remain has already been expired . But if your application gets refused and you get a right of appeal you are covered by section 3d, 3c. This doesn't break your continuity which you also mentioned.

The over staying periods counts from your previous visa expiry date till your new leave to remain visa date. There is no 28 days in time application periods for invalid applications.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong. Please provide me any link if possible which have information regarding this particular issue.

I would also request other members to share their knowledge and experience regarding this issue.

Congratulations to MADDY and all the other member who have recently received their approvals.

Thank you very much in Advance.
Dear,if you spot on the consolidate immigration rules part 7 (276)(1v)(V), there is mentioned the terminology "as well" which is really tricky to understand and its mentioned clear that the time spent in between applications made within 28 days.this means that it does not break the continuity but let me get clear that its really pathetic that some of applicants still get refused while lots got approvals.as for as i understand,if you on the first place make an in time application,then even if it gets rejected as invalid,and you re apply within 28 days,according to the immigration rules the continuity is not broken.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:07 am

Dynamo wrote:
mazeen1910 wrote:Has anyone called the HO today?
Called and HO confirmed that they are about to finish September applications. October applications are not started yet.
Probably see first approval by next Monday.
Thanks mate

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:12 am

hello dear,where you got refused and you had been given an appeal right,you did appeal timely and you won appeal and in a result you have been granted a visa,if you applied for your visa before the expiry of your previous visa means an in time application then i could guarantee your continuity is not broken because you were covered under 3c.as for as your student extension concerned,again if you applied an in time application and when it was returned back as invalid and was asked to resubmit it within 28 days and you did,then again as for as the immigration rules part 7,276(b)(V) you have not broken your continuity.there r lots of approvals who had the same invalid issue and they had been granted with approval and afcourse there are few as well who had the issue and they were refused so it clearly indicates the HO capability of deciding applications,hope for the best what happens,happens anyway.[/quote]

Thank you very much in Advance.[/quote]

Dear,if you spot on the consolidate immigration rules part 7 (276)(1v)(V), there is mentioned the terminology "as well" which is really tricky to understand and its mentioned clear that the time spent in between applications made within 28 days.this means that it does not break the continuity but let me get clear that its really pathetic that some of applicants still get refused while lots got approvals.as for as i understand,if you on the first place make an in time application,then even if it gets rejected as invalid,and you re apply within 28 days,according to the immigration rules the continuity is not broken.[/quote]
Hi, I consult the senior solicitor who deals with most of the settlement case , he confirms me that If you made in time application and it's reject as invalid and home office ask you put the application with in the 28 dys time and if you did that that's fine continues stay won't break but any reson again that application reject as invalid again doesn't matter with in how many days you put the application it's counted as out time application so it's clear once it's reject is fine .if you have a look at the recent refusal most of the cases reject twise even my previous SET (LR) refused for the same reson .i am just charing the information I got from solicitor and I am convinced his information. Let's see how come the out come this time arround .

Saba Tanveer
Newly Registered

Post by Saba Tanveer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:52 am

salaam
does anyone knows what type of questions they are asking when coming back at heathrow. I have ILR.

mkm
Newly Registered

Post by mkm » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 pm

allhumdulilahh got my approval letter and documents today.

all the best to everyone waiting inshallah (good willing) you will get it soon

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Saba Tanveer wrote:salaam
does anyone knows what type of questions they are asking when coming back at heathrow. I have ILR.
The most important question or probably the only one is How did you get your ILR?
and if you stay outside the UK for a long period they may ask you about your roots in the UK.

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:47 pm

mkm wrote:@shahfurqan
thanks mate, hope you get yours soon inshallah

@imraniqbal2010
yes buddy I did, letter from the hospital and some other medical documents with a covering letter,

I sent everything to the HO on the 5/01/2015 and then on the 12th I contacted my local MP and wrote to Teresa May as well.
So don't really know which one worked but I am getting a reply tomorrow.
inshallah I ll get an approval.

Hi mkm ,

My sister in Lahore is very sick for the last 2 months . I could not manage to get a letter from Doctor over there.
We have all the doctors prescription as well other reports like EMIR etc. Kindly guide me is there a need to get a separate letter from Doctor ? I asked and spoken with one f the doctor in lahore but he was not clear which words need to write down on a letter and he asked me if I supplied him a specimen so then it will make him easy to make effective letter. Also does doctor addressed to Home office and does he need to mention my name on the letter as well ? Please brother I am so worried can not sleep and whole family in a big Azmaesh. I will be very thankful if you contact me on my cell 07908239175 email hmfaizi@yahoo.co.uk

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 pm

mkm wrote:allhumdulilahh got my approval letter and documents today.

all the best to everyone waiting inshallah (good willing) you will get it soon

Congratulations.

When did you apply?

nazar5
Newly Registered

Post by nazar5 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Alhamdo Lillah e Rabil alameen Thanks to Almgithy Allah ba haqe Muhammad o Ale Muhammad (AS) I have got documents today with approval date of 24th of January.

Thank you very much for providing us a amazing forum to share and discucss problems and good news. Its great help. I wish all the best to those who are waiting. I know its annoying but patience will be rewarded Insha Allah.

Thanks, Kind regards and all the best to everyone.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 pm

Really happy for those who have got the approvals today - congratulations. Hopefully you will give us a virtual party in this forum :D :D

Polite request for those who are waiting (including myself):

When you tell us the good news could you also tell us when you applied. I now this information may be in the tracker already but we all know that the tracker cannot be trusted. So for the nosy people like me it's comforting to hear when you applied too.

@shaffruqan I guess it's you who would be giving the good news next?