ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr counts from date of visa stamp or entry in country?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BEENAEEM

ilr counts from date of visa stamp or entry in country?

Post by BEENAEEM » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:51 pm

i got uk visa on 21st april 2010 but i came on 30th may 2010. i have no proof of arrival at the ariport as there was no immigration officer hence no stamp on passport. so should i apply for ilr keeping in view the date i got uk visa or the date i arrived in uk?

varky
Newly Registered

Re: ilr counts from date of visa stamp or entry in country?

Post by varky » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:15 pm

In your case, it will be the date of visa stamping as the gap is not more than 90 days...

Refer to the below quote in page 22 of ILR continuous periods doc.

"The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be
counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur
if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. The period of delay will not be counted as an
absence if it does not exceed 90 days. If the delay is more than 90 days, none of the period
between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK can be included in
the continuous period calculation."