ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amjad6226
Newly Registered

Re: June 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by amjad6226 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:12 pm

Friends Home Office Customer Services said to me the same things that my application is in the final stages on 18th of December and he further said that it wont be later than 1st or 2nd week of January even when my MP email to the Home Office, my MP gave me time to wait till 19th of January and he said if i wont get reply by that time, then i contact my MP again, its end of January 2015 but no good news but i still believe on Allah that my approval is on its way,

Today's frustration when i email my MP after waiting the whole month He replied me with the following quote

The Home Office's response is as follows:

Thank you for your email correspondence of 26 January on behalf of Mr xxxxxxx of xxxxxX, about his application for naturalisation as a British Citizen.

Mr xxxxxxx naturalisation application ofJune 2014 remains under consideration by our caseworking team.

The Independent Chief Inspector’s report of 11 December 2014 highlighted that some individuals had not been subject to sufficient scrutiny in relation to their immigration history. We have now revised our guidance and are looking at those cases in detail to assess the impact these changes will have on the outcome of the application for British Citizenship. Due to the additional checks required these cases will take a little longer to consider. We apologise for the delay Mr xxxxxx has experienced in receiving his decision.

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:48 am

amjad6226 wrote:Friends Home Office Customer Services said to me the same things that my application is in the final stages on 18th of December and he further said that it wont be later than 1st or 2nd week of January even when my MP email to the Home Office, my MP gave me time to wait till 19th of January and he said if i wont get reply by that time, then i contact my MP again, its end of January 2015 but no good news but i still believe on Allah that my approval is on its way,

Today's frustration when i email my MP after waiting the whole month He replied me with the following quote

The Home Office's response is as follows:

Thank you for your email correspondence of 26 January on behalf of Mr xxxxxxx of xxxxxX, about his application for naturalisation as a British Citizen.

Mr xxxxxxx naturalisation application ofJune 2014 remains under consideration by our caseworking team.

The Independent Chief Inspector’s report of 11 December 2014 highlighted that some individuals had not been subject to sufficient scrutiny in relation to their immigration history. We have now revised our guidance and are looking at those cases in detail to assess the impact these changes will have on the outcome of the application for British Citizenship. Due to the additional checks required these cases will take a little longer to consider. We apologise for the delay Mr xxxxxx has experienced in receiving his decision.
They just lying n making excuses. How to hell people how applied after 16th December have already got approval. Did they not get affected by chief inspector's report ?
And what were our cases doing for last 5 months before that chief inspectors report ?
Just a typical copy n paste reply by HO to all the MPs who contacted them.
I emailed my MP and she said she will speak to Immigration Minister instead of HO. Let's how how quick that makes. Fingers crossed n hope for good new In Sha Allah.

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:50 am

I was told my application its on its final stages too on December 17th ..till now am still waiting. ..will call them on feb ..noone has replied to my letter its now 3 weeks since i sent it ..lool..Anyway i just have to b positive its been 7 and a half month..

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:58 am

This is getting more bizarre by the minute.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

forever.waiting
Newly Registered

Post by forever.waiting » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:49 pm

hmmm....bizarre indeed!
I called again today and got the same reply that it is in the final stages and he can't tell how he knows that, but there is definite movement on the application. He also confirmed that I should definitely hear something back by end of next week!

He sounded confident on what he was saying but wouldn't tell me what he read on the screen.
I have got everything crossed at the moment and hoping for the best :P

skyisthelimit
Newly Registered

Post by skyisthelimit » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi guys...I've finally had a result. Remain patient, there is light at end of the tunnel :)

Eligibility criteria: HSMP+Tier1 (5 years)
Language criteria met: UK degree + Life in UK
Method of application: via Solicitor
Date of application: 30/06/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/07/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 08/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 06/07/2014
Date approval received: 20/01/2015
Date of ceremony: TBC

Good Luck!

forever.waiting
Newly Registered

Post by forever.waiting » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:13 pm

skyisthelimit wrote:Hi guys...I've finally had a result. Remain patient, there is light at end of the tunnel :)

Eligibility criteria: HSMP+Tier1 (5 years)
Language criteria met: UK degree + Life in UK
Method of application: via Solicitor
Date of application: 30/06/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 08/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 06/07/2014
Date approval received: 20/01/2015
Date of ceremony: TBC

Good Luck!

Congratulations!!
Was the approval letter received on the 20th or was it dated 20th?
Also did you call them any-time in the last couple of weeks and got any reply?

I applied on the same date as you hence wondering if we were somewhere in the same pile :)

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Julian11 wrote:FYI - don't recall seeing this posted here before

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 033753.pdf
And using this one, you can see how many have been processed since end of Sept by comparing the two FOI figures.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 033913.pdf

(The one I've quoted doesn't say as of which date, so I am assuming it must be as of end of Nov or early Dec or something like that?)

Londoner078
Newly Registered

Post by Londoner078 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:12 pm

I just spoke to someone in home office and she said they are going to send me a letter which ill receive in the beginning of next week, explaining why it has been delayed, im sure this will be the same automatic mail they sent to some other people on here, god knows who long is going to take after that!
does anyone know after doing the ceremony how long the passport is going to take? it says 6 weeks but I know people who received it less than that! i guess in our case it is going to be an other 6 month for passport too.

mm_kitkat
Newly Registered

Post by mm_kitkat » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi all,

only posting the below because, as far as HO feedback is concerned, this seems to be a new one! :roll:

Called them (again) to check the status of my application. The guy told me that it is still with the caseworker, HOWEVER apparently he has noticed (through the calls that he and his immediately placed colleagues have been dealing with) that a lot of overdue May/ June applications are slowly starting to be finalized. He further told me that, in a lot of the cases, it seems to have been the applications without PR that fell short of the 6 months ETA as caseworkers found it more challenging to confirm permanent residence and establish that all the conditions regarding residing in the UK have been met.

He seemed himself surprised that suddenly these appear to be moving along after such a long period of gathering dust. I asked him whether he had any idea why that was, but all he said was 'not sure if it is because there is more people assigned to dealing with overdue cases or whether some internal process has changed'.

Let's all continue to live in hope that our approvals come our way soon!

Good luck to everyone,
mm_kitkat

Poya11

Post by Poya11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi all
Today I have got a reply from home office after 7 months and 1week.
Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your email correspondence of 13 January on behalf of Mr xxxxxxxx (known to us as Mr Xxxxxxxxx) of Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxximmigration matter.

Our records show that Mr xxxxxxxx application for British nationality was received on 23 June 2014 and is currently with a casework unit. I apologise for the delay. There are a number of checks that must be completed before a decision can be reached, including some with authorities outside UK Visas and Immigration and these can take some time to complete. Mr xxxxxxxx will be notified of the decision as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely hm hm

forever.waiting
Newly Registered

Post by forever.waiting » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi All,

Another update below:

I called again yesterday and was told that the application is under consideration and no new update! I was shocked as I was told that it is in the final stages, but the attendant didn't say anything else.

I called again today and after me telling my life story to them and complaining how the information is not consistent when called on different days, the attendant said no worries but the decision has been made today and I should expect the letter end of this week or early next week as it's sent via second class post.

So it seems my journey is almost near to the end! (Obviously depending on the result, hopefully approved!!)

I will update once again when I get the letter in hand with the outcome.

Keep pestering them guys, it seems to be the only way to get their attention.

v.k.
Newly Registered

Post by v.k. » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:29 pm

v.k. wrote:Here are the details for my family application (myself+wife+daughter born in the UK prior to us receiving ILR)

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs+1yr ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK & B1 test
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Bromley
Date of application: 26/06/2014
Payment method CC/DC: Credit Card
Date of acknowledgement: 03/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 03/07/2014
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

Can I kindly ask to be added to the list and if possible to access it somehow.
Not sure if someone is keeping track of it and sharing the updated version on regular basis or if there is a URL that we can access (much better option in my opinion).

Cheers,
VK
This is a joke, my daughter and I have been just sent the following "letter" after I wrote a lengthy email last December and after writing to my local MP:

"I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship.

We aim to process all application within 6 months from the date submitted.
However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely."

I believe the HO is sending template letters to all long outstanding applications, and I do believe our application has not been dealt with because the "guidelines" for greater scrutiny were published in December, well 6 months after applying, and I fail to understand how it can apply to my daughter when she was born, raised an educated in this country....

I still have to wait from my MP, but in the mean time I have sent a complaint email to HO.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Cheers,
VK

therian
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by therian » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:34 pm

Just a quick final update. After several phone calls to the local council (who were thankfully very accommodating and understanding), we were able to book a private ceremony on the last day that we will be in this county, as the HO delays have meant that he got his approval barely two weeks before we're due to move.

Eligibility criteria: 6 years HM Armed Forces (exempt from immigration control)
Language criteria met: UK NARIC language assessment of overseas degree + Life in UK
Method of application: NCS Northallerton
Date of application: 09/06/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 19/06/2014 (dated 16/06)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 13/06/2014
Date approval received: 23/01/2015 (dated 21/01/2015)
Date of ceremony: 06/02/2015

najm67
Newly Registered

Post by najm67 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:52 pm

Hello Guys,
I have applied for my British Citizenship

Eligibility criteria: 5years + 1 year
Language criteria met: Life in UK +Entry Level 3 English
Method of application: Self
Date of application: 17/06/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 16/07/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 29/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees:25/07/2014
Date approval received: Awaiting .....
Date of ceremony: Awaiting....

I have been waiting for almost 7 months

adamski1
Newly Registered

Post by adamski1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:35 pm

Hello !
My journey to British Citizenship is over! It's been nearly 8 months waiting. Applied on 06/06/2014. I got a letter one hour ago:) ->'' I am pleased to tell you that this application for British Citizenship has been approved.''<- :lol:
I am Polish. Living in the UK since 2006. I wish you all the best :!:

Julian11

Post by Julian11 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:59 pm

adamski1 wrote:Hello !
My journey to British Citizenship is over! It's been nearly 8 months waiting. Applied on 06/06/2014. I got a letter one hour ago:) ->'' I am pleased to tell you that this application for British Citizenship has been approved.''<- :lol:
I am Polish. Living in the UK since 2006. I wish you all the best :!:
Congrats! Nice to see an EU non-PR approval!

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi all i got approval today too..
10 years stay in the UK student and psw.
Applied on 16/06/2014
Approved on 24 jan 2015
Received it today 31st jan 2015
Ceremony will call them on Monday hoping to get a private ceremony loool..
God Bless you all ..those who are waiting just be patient and calm..dont bother Mps is waste of your energy and time lol.

Annajako
Newly Registered

Post by Annajako » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:11 pm

Happy to hear good news adamski, gratulacje! :) There is some hope for the rest of us:)

amjad6226
Newly Registered

Post by amjad6226 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Friends no good news 7 months and one week, i called HO on last Friday, lady on the phone was really polite and helpful, i asked many questions and she did not mind to help me out, she told me that my caseworker already received all the information what he needed to make a decision on my application but she was also surprised to see that, why he is not making decision on my application further she took time to see my system and told me that my caseworker did not sent me any letter if he needs anythings. She also told me to wait two more week and if i wont get reply from them than call again and write to complaint team. But i already wrote to their Complaint Team on 17th of January and i also emailed them as well, but no reply from them.

The only thing i can say that, wait for anything is suicide, sometime i think to call them and say, that i want to withdraw my application and become free of mind, but paying about 906 pounds is not easy to earn, If i would know that they will take that much time i would never apply for the naturalization.

I always pray to Allah that He gives us success ASAP because this pain is unbearable. Allah helps us.

laz1970
Newly Registered

Post by laz1970 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:35 pm

I don't really know what your praying to allah got to do with it as I don't think Allah would worry what nationality you are .

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 pm

It's not compulsory we respond to everyone on this forum most especially when we don't have something good to say /offer

laz1970
Newly Registered

Post by laz1970 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:14 am

It's just commonsense my friend I've been waiting since June and nothing I can do to speed things up .and I am ready for good news or bad ones after all my choice to send the application .I've been here 25 years now

forever.waiting
Newly Registered

Post by forever.waiting » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:22 pm

forever.waiting wrote:Hi All,

Another update below:

I called again yesterday and was told that the application is under consideration and no new update! I was shocked as I was told that it is in the final stages, but the attendant didn't say anything else.

I called again today and after me telling my life story to them and complaining how the information is not consistent when called on different days, the attendant said no worries but the decision has been made today and I should expect the letter end of this week or early next week as it's sent via second class post.

So it seems my journey is almost near to the end! (Obviously depending on the result, hopefully approved!!)

I will update once again when I get the letter in hand with the outcome.

Keep pestering them guys, it seems to be the only way to get their attention.

Hi,

Another update!
So today I received the approval letter finally and they have put the wrong country of birth on my approval letter and certificate. now I have to attend the ceremony and then get the certificate changed! Another few weeks, but at least its all over!

I just want to thank all of you as you have given me hope and answers to my questions!
All the best everybody and be positive, it might get late but it will come eventually..x

advain18
Newly Registered

Post by advain18 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:22 pm

R.M. wrote:UPDATE

Eligibility criteria: Tier1 + 1 Year ILR
Language criteria met: Original Degree Certitficate (Indian Degree) + PBS printout for Qualification and English recognised
Method of application: NCS Redbridge
Date of application: 05/06/2014
Payment method: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 06/06/2014 (Royal Mail Tracking)
Date of acknowledgment: TBC
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 12/06/2014
Date approval received: 22/09/2014 (Letter dated 13/09/2014)
Date of ceremony: 15/10/2014
Hi R.M

I am planning to apply in two weeks time. I always confused with English language requirements. As I like you I am planning to submit my original degree certificate and PBS print out. Please can you share with your experience will this be sufficient ?

Thanks
Venkat