ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ CROYDON - Tier 1 General - LTD Co Director

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prasi

ILR Success @ CROYDON - Tier 1 General - LTD Co Director

Post by prasi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:23 am

Had a successful application for ILR at Croydon PEO as a Limited company director with previous earnings made up of payslips and dividends

1. Category = TIER 1 (GENERAL)
2. Number of dependents = 1
3. Total cost = £2986
4. PEO branch = Croydon
5. Documents provided = See Below
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years = None

I arranged the original documents into topic wise as below - documents for each topic in a separate clear cut flush folder. Case took around 45 minutes after giving biometrics. It was very fast as it was a straight forward application

Supporting documents:

Earnings folder
  • - 12 Payslips
    - 12 Dividend Certificates
    - 12 Personal bank statements
    - Accountant letter
    - Accountant summary table for all invoices within the earnings period
Ltd Co Accounts Folder
  • - All invoices for the earnings period
    - 12 Business bank statements
    - LTD accounts for the earnings period
Ltd Co Documents Folder
  • - Ltd co registration certificate
    - Ltd co VAT registration certificate
    - Ltd co PAYE registration letter from HMRC
    - Previous year corp tax return (CT600) and HMRC acknowledgement letters for the same
Continuous Residence Folder
  • - Self explaining letter for all absences (only for main applicant) during the 5 years qualifying period
    - Previous and current passport photocopies (only pages containing entry and exit stamps)
KOLL Documents Folder
  • - Main applicant LITUK pass certificate
    - Dependant LITUK pass certificate
    - Dependant bachelors degree
    - Dependant degree medium of instruction letter
    - Dependant degree listing from points calculator
Cohabitation Documents Folder
  • - Council tax demand notices (with both names)
    - Water bills (with both names)
    - Bank statements (with dependant name only)
    - Gas bills (with main applicant name only)
    - Child birth certificate
Dates for co-habitation documents were totally random. But all documents put together cover last 2 years.

I wish success to all fellow members of this forum in their applications. Happy to take questions.

eskay_s

Re: ILR Success @ CROYDON - Tier 1 General - LTD Co Director

Post by eskay_s » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:35 am

Hi Congrats on your ILR success.

I am applying next Monday in croydon with 3 dependents.

Could you please share the format/sample of your letter '- Accountant summary table for all invoices within the earnings period' ?

Thanks,
Eskay_s

prasi

Post by prasi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:00 am

eskay_s wrote:Hi Congrats on your ILR success.

I am applying next Monday in croydon with 3 dependents.

Could you please share the format/sample of your letter '- Accountant summary table for all invoices within the earnings period' ?

Thanks,
Eskay_s
My accountant printed the attached table on his company letter head with his sign and stamp on it. In the accountant letter, he mentioned that.....

"an invoice summary for the earnings period mentioned above is attached to this letter"
Invoice Summary Table.jpg
Invoice Summary Table - Sample
Invoice Summary Table.jpg (143.17 KiB) Viewed 1781 times

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:55 pm

Thanks Prasi,

could you also please clarify the below doubts on SET (O) form?

1) in question 5.3 (under section 5 - your home and finances)

Are you working in uk? if so,what is your pay each month after tax and other deductions.

*** for this question should i only mention the salary amount which i am with drawing from limited comany as a director every month or should i also include dividends as weel?

2) Question 7.12 (page 27 of 76) under Section - 7 (personal history)

Please state what ties you have with

****what did you menion/what should be mention*****

3) Question 10.15 Give details of British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application was or were made abroad?

****** I applied my initial tier 1 general in VFS UK,Pune,India******so what should i answer this question?

prasi

Post by prasi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:49 pm

eskay_s wrote: 1) in question 5.3 (under section 5 - your home and finances)

Are you working in uk? if so,what is your pay each month after tax and other deductions.

*** for this question should i only mention the salary amount which i am with drawing from limited comany as a director every month or should i also include dividends as weel?
I included total net income per month which is net salary + net dividend. Luckily, I was drawing same salary and same dividend amount each month continuously for last 12 months. If dividend amount you had drawn is not same each month, then try to select the best possible dividend amount which you have drawn during most recent months before application and add it to your monthly net salary.
eskay_s wrote: 2) Question 7.12 (page 27 of 76) under Section - 7 (personal history)

Please state what ties you have with

****what did you menion/what should be mention*****
I put the name of the country and wrote the following next to it:

I lived in COUNTRY for YY years. My parents, sister(s), brother(s), my wife's parents and siblings, relatives and many of my friends currently live in COUNTRY. I also previously worked in the COUNTRY for ZZ years.
eskay_s wrote: 3) Question 10.15 Give details of British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application was or were made abroad?

****** I applied my initial tier 1 general in VFS UK,Pune,India******so what should i answer this question?
If you had an extension for your tier 1 after you entered UK, then for question 10.14, give the details of the place where biometrics were collected for that extension application (for e.g. a post office if it was a postal application or a PEO office etc.,)

10.15 as I think is applicable if your last (or recent) application before this was made out of UK - In other words as I understood, 10.15 is a question which is mostly suitable for "dependents who are applying alone in this SET(O) form" who previously come from abroad and may not had an extension after they came to UK

I didnt answer 10.15 even though my initial application was made from outside UK

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Congratulations on your success.

If you dont mind, can you please share Self explaining letter for all absences during the 5 years qualifying period.

Many Thanks
Tier1G

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks Prasi for your fast response and much appreciated your help.

I hope its a last time to bother with couple of other questions below:)

1) Could you please attach/PM the format of the below letter?

- Self explaining letter for all absences (only for main applicant) during the 5 years qualifying period

2) Regarding:- KOLL Documents

What proof you submitted as a main applicant for English language requirement?

I believe, we no need to show any as its been already proved during earlier visa applications
or
Can I still show print out from the PBS calculator for my MCA degree.

Please confirm.

Note:- During my Initial T1(general) application in pune (in 2010),I submitted TOEFL as a English language even after I have my MCA Degree and I was not able to get the letters from my university due to some reasons.

During my T1(General) extension in FEB 2013 in Croydon PEO,i mentioned as I have already proven for English language requirement during my initial T1 General application.

So now during my ILR in FEB2015 ,I can still say same thing as 'Already proved during initial application' for English requirement.
My only concern here is from past couple of months/yrs HOMEOFFICE is not accepting TOEFL as an English language certificate(which is my initial proof in India application).

My wife is also has MCA and she had the letter from university and also she got it compared with NARIC.

prasi

Post by prasi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:51 pm

eskay_s wrote:Thanks Prasi for your fast response and much appreciated your help.

I hope its a last time to bother with couple of other questions below:)

1) Could you please attach/PM the format of the below letter?

- Self explaining letter for all absences (only for main applicant) during the 5 years qualifying period

2) Regarding:- KOLL Documents

What proof you submitted as a main applicant for English language requirement?

I believe, we no need to show any as its been already proved during earlier visa applications
or
Can I still show print out from the PBS calculator for my MCA degree.

Please confirm.

Note:- During my Initial T1(general) application in pune (in 2010),I submitted TOEFL as a English language even after I have my MCA Degree and I was not able to get the letters from my university due to some reasons.

During my T1(General) extension in FEB 2013 in Croydon PEO,i mentioned as I have already proven for English language requirement during my initial T1 General application.

So now during my ILR in FEB2015 ,I can still say same thing as 'Already proved during initial application' for English requirement.
My only concern here is from past couple of months/yrs HOMEOFFICE is not accepting TOEFL as an English language certificate(which is my initial proof in India application).

My wife is also has MCA and she had the letter from university and also she got it compared with NARIC.
I attached the format. In my application, I have also included letter from my previous employer detailing my annual holiday as an evidence supporting the reason for absences while I was working in that company. Later on I found out that employer letter is not necessary when talking to another applicant who was in same boat and got his application approved same day without such letter.

As a main applicant you have already proven your english language skills at your initial application. As far as I understood, there ends the matter ! You need not again show any proofs for english language (even though if HO recently stopped accepting TOEFL). I believe your application should be all OK. In case you are still worried then I suggest you to carry your MCA degree and PB calculator printout with you and dont give them with the application. If HO has any concerns they may (I think most probably they will) call you to a counter to ask you if you have any other qualifications - then you may show them your MCA degree and PBS printout. Again it is highly unlikely that they again ask for a "main applicant" who has previously "proved his language skills and got approved".

All the Best
Attachments
Absences.jpg
Absences.jpg (185.19 KiB) Viewed 1674 times

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Thanks a lot Prasi,you are a * :)
I always find this forum so useful due to the guys like you and myself also was responding couple of other guy's qustions during my T1-General approval.

I'll let you/forum know once i finished my ILR Appointment and will try to help on any ILR questions if some one has any.

Cheers,
Eskay

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Thanks a lot Prasi for posting letter format.

Regards
Tier1G09

skomati

Post by skomati » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:14 pm

@prasi
Could you please tell the date on your last payslip? Did you include Dec14 payslip also?
I mean is it most recent one? Coz in finances section documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last three months period. My earnings period is dec2013 to nov2014. If go for ilr in February 2015 is that earnings period o.k?
Or still do I have submit the payslips for dec14and jan15.
Please advise

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:23 pm

skomati wrote:@prasi
Could you please tell the date on your last payslip? Did you include Dec14 payslip also?
I mean is it most recent one? Coz in finances section documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last three months period. My earnings period is dec2013 to nov2014. If go for ilr in February 2015 is that earnings period o.k?
Or still do I have submit the payslips for dec14and jan15.
Please advise
On Page 31 of Set o form its mentioned:
Period(s) of earnings claimed
A1. You can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before this application.

i believe you will be ok if you count 15 months from dec,13 to Feb,15