ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language profiency requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandramouli76
Newly Registered

English language profiency requirement

Post by chandramouli76 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:32 am

Hi there,

I would like to post my case here to see what you guys have to tell me.

I have done My Msc(Tech) Science & technology development from BITS,Pilani. It is an integrated First degree program( 4 year program).That means after i finish my 12th standard i get to do this degree.

The HSMP english language requirement says that my bachelor's degree should have bene taught in english and a letter from the institution is needed stating the bachelors was taught in English.

In my case -The degree is Msc(Tech). Where Msc is Master of Science.

So will there be any problem if i submit the english language profiency for this degree.I do not have any specific bachelors' degree.For all practical purposes my First degree ( or bachelors) is Msc(Tech) Science and technology development.

Please let me know if i can get a english language profiency letter from the university using this degree.Will the HSMP guys approve this??
Any similar cases before??

Regards,
Chand

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:11 am

You will need to get the college to state that this is a 4 year course which combines the first degree with the MA. It needs explaination, ebcause otherwise the HSMP team will assume that it is only a one year masters - which is silly, as all SCottish Universities have the same model of a 4 year Masters with no seperate Bachelors.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

chandramouli76
Newly Registered

English language proficiency

Post by chandramouli76 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi Victoria,
Thanks a lot for the reply regarding my query.Is there any specific format for getting the english language proficiency certificate for my M.sc(tech) Science & Technology developoment ( which is my first degree).

If there is any specific format it would be really useful to me.

Thanks & regards,
Chandramouli

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:26 pm

No need to post and PM!

As I have said, no specific format.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!