ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Bank Statements for ILR

Post by gnua88 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:57 am

Hi All,

I'm sure this is an age-old question but I just can't seem to find any answer.

I'm hearing a lot of chatter that some banks refuse to stamp the bank statements and Lloyds being one of them. When I was ordering the statements, the guy on the phone said they don't "certify" their statements any more which sounds ludicrous. I haven't gone into the branch again yet but two years ago when I did my FLR (M), they were willing to stamp them.

My question is what do you do when they refuse to stamp the statements? The guy on the phone said solicitors, doctors and even local businessmen can certify the statements. I don't feel too good about the 'local businessmen' but if solicitors and doctors can do this, will the immigration be okay with that?

Also, how far do people normally go back for the statements for ILR SET(M) under old regulation? 3 months or 6 months?

Thank you.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Bank Statements for ILR

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Everyone facing this trouble (me too). Go to bank with guidance notes print out if they refused to do a stamp and signature, just request them to meet the bank manager and show the guidance notes to manager and explain it very politely.

All the guidance notes may contain the following,

An electronic bank or building society statement from an online account, but it must contain all of the details listed above. You must also provide either: a supporting letter from their bank or building society, on company headed paper, confirming the statement provided is authentic, or an electronic bank or building society statement bearing the official stamp of the bank or building society on every page;

People have submitted 3 months or 6 months statements sometimes, to be confident submit 6 months statements.

shadow_dragon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shadow_dragon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Isn't the bank statements in the Bank letterhead not sufficient? I am surprised Lloyds cannot give you that. I did apply for ILR ( with success) last week with the duplicate statements issued by HSBC and there was no stamp on it. It was just normal statements in the Bank Letterhead.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Macro_Run wrote:Everyone facing this trouble (me too). Go to bank with guidance notes print out if they refused to do a stamp and signature, just request them to meet the bank manager and show the guidance notes to manager and explain it very politely.

All the guidance notes may contain the following,

An electronic bank or building society statement from an online account, but it must contain all of the details listed above. You must also provide either: a supporting letter from their bank or building society, on company headed paper, confirming the statement provided is authentic, or an electronic bank or building society statement bearing the official stamp of the bank or building society on every page;

People have submitted 3 months or 6 months statements sometimes, to be confident submit 6 months statements.
Thank you for responding.

Yes, I will give this a go. I was planning to go into a branch either way. However, I'm planning ahead for contingency in case they get draconian and refuse to do it. Do you know whether if the immigration would accept if a solicitor was to certify the bank statements? Have you ever done anything like that?

Thank you.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:17 pm

shadow_dragon wrote:Isn't the bank statements in the Bank letterhead not sufficient? I am surprised Lloyds cannot give you that. I did apply for ILR ( with success) last week with the duplicate statements issued by HSBC and there was no stamp on it. It was just normal statements in the Bank Letterhead.
Thanks for replying, and congratulations on your ILR. You must be very happy :)

They haven't said no, btw. I haven't even gone into the branch for this yet. I ask as part of my planning ahead. Also because I've come across a few people where the branch refused to stamp the bank statements.

I've ordered the statements to be printed from Lloyds so I would assume they'd have the official stuff like letterheads on them. In the past, to cover all the bases, I had them stamped all the same. I'm trying to do the same now. You know what the immigration is like; we all end up running around and filling in the blanks to ensure all is in order.

On a side note, if you don't mind my asking, how long did your ILR application take?

Thank you.

toby303
Newly Registered

Post by toby303 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi there,
I think you have received the best advice so far. Bank Statements ordered on phone from the bank usually comes in the bank's letter head, so not too worry, it should be fine. It is very factual that bank nowadays refuse to stamp printed cpoies of bank statements. And you can take the advice of the other person by walking in to ask to speak to the manager not involving any undergog beforehand if you don't want an outright prevention from seeing the manager.

That's it really and I hope you will be very fortunate. And if I may ask, are you going to be applying using the premium service and under what category are you applying? If so, can you have a look at my epistle detailed beneath this response and help?
The moderators have failed to respond to my thread. Please have a look and let me know what you think.
Many thanks in advance.

Hi Moderators,

I need your thought on this subject.

I came into the country in August 2008 as a student. And in March 2012, I got married. My wife is British Citizen.

In 2012, just before the change in regualtion in terms of maintenace, I applied using the FLR(M) in July 2012 and my visa was finally issued in March 2013 under the old rules. I will be due to apply for my indefinite leave to remain in February, just 28 days before.

I have collated all my documents and my wife's. What are the financial requirement?
My wife left her job in Dec, and she has just been offered a new position with another bank starting in February, for her, I have collated copies of her p60, 2 months payslips from previous employer with her p45, whilst for me, I have provided all my payslips starting from october last year to date and my bank statement in that order as well. She was earning £16,300 with her previous employer and now on £16,916.00 with her current emoployer and I am on £12,000 per year until the end of probation in 9 months. we are both on an average of £2100 /month What do you think regarding this paperwork, do you think we would meet financial requirement? We have no kid at the moment.

What other document are required of us involving other aspect of the application?

I have gathered together both our contracts of employment and offer letters as well a letter from my employer. Do you think this will be enough proof?

These are other documents we have put together, namely:
Marriage Certificate
Resident Permit
Both Passports
Tenancy Agreement
Pearson Test of English Academic
Life in the UK Test
Qualifications in the UK

Evidence of Cohabitation ( Six Letters from at least 3 different sources amounting to about 18-25 letters altogether which includes Bank statements, utility bills, GP letters, HM Revenue & Customs, NHS Care Summary Record etc.)

I need a relaible information about making an application to naturalise shortly after receiving my ILR as I will be applying at a premium centre. I am aware that as a spouse of a British Citizen that I can apply immediately provided I meet residency requirement. I haven't been abroad due to having to raise my family and have no criminal record and have never breached any immigration rules.
Do you think with my explanation about my status and residential status, I can apply to naturalise straight after securing my ILR or what are your thoughts?

I hope to hear from you asap. Thanks for always being helpful to many folks on here and I thank you very much in advance.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 pm

toby303 wrote:Hi there,
I think you have received the best advice so far. Bank Statements ordered on phone from the bank usually comes in the bank's letter head, so not too worry, it should be fine. It is very factual that bank nowadays refuse to stamp printed cpoies of bank statements. And you can take the advice of the other person by walking in to ask to speak to the manager not involving any undergog beforehand if you don't want an outright prevention from seeing the manager.

That's it really and I hope you will be very fortunate.
Thanks. Yeah, I will still need to go to the branch because I have other smaller accounts that are on the Internet. So, if I get a 'no' up front, I will be asking to speak to the branch manager. It's somewhat worrying but I suppose I'll have to keep a cool head to cross this bridge if it comes.
toby303 wrote: Hi Moderators,

I came into the country in August 2008 as a student. And in March 2012, I got married. My wife is British Citizen.

In 2012, just before the change in regualtion in terms of maintenace, I applied using the FLR(M) in July 2012 and my visa was finally issued in March 2013 under the old rules. I will be due to apply for my indefinite leave to remain in February, just 28 days before.

I have collated all my documents and my wife's. What are the financial requirement?
My wife left her job in Dec, and she has just been offered a new position with another bank starting in February, for her, I have collated copies of her p60, 2 months payslips from previous employer with her p45, whilst for me, I have provided all my payslips starting from october last year to date and my bank statement in that order as well. She was earning £16,300 with her previous employer and now on £16,916.00 with her current emoployer and I am on £12,000 per year until the end of probation in 9 months. we are both on an average of £2100 /month What do you think regarding this paperwork, do you think we would meet financial requirement? We have no kid at the moment.
Could you please provide me with a link to your thread? It's better if I elaborate there.

From what I've read, your situation and mine are frighteningly similar lol. I applied with FLR(M) under the old regulation in July 2012 as well (but not married). I had mine back on Feb 2013 so 7 months later. You got yours back a month after. So, of course, now we're coming up towards applying for the ILR.

As far as I'm aware, and be advised that I'm no expert, there is NO financial requirements in cases like ours because we're under the old regulations. Thus one would assume as long as you're proving that you can and are providing for yourselves, and no public funds is in used, there will be no problems.

Btw, have you run the settlement checker here www(dot)gov(dot)uk(forwardslash)settle-in-the-uk ? I've done this couple of times but can't say I recall any mentions of financial requirements? If the latter was critical, they would've put it in there.

However, I do admit that on the same website, it states you've gotta prove that you can provide for yourselves...but there is no guidelines on how to do that. So, it's very much left to our interpretations.

I don't know much about the naturalisation. I was under the impression that you'd have to wait for a year or two after the ILR to apply for it but don't quote me on this.

Hope this somewhat helps. Give me your link and I'll try to communicate with you further there :)

toby303
Newly Registered

Post by toby303 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi,

You are very much appreciated for your response.

The thread is : Indefinite Leave to Remain & British Citizenship

I will be looking forward to your post.

Many thanks,

shadow_dragon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shadow_dragon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:43 pm

gnua88 wrote:
shadow_dragon wrote:Isn't the bank statements in the Bank letterhead not sufficient? I am surprised Lloyds cannot give you that. I did apply for ILR ( with success) last week with the duplicate statements issued by HSBC and there was no stamp on it. It was just normal statements in the Bank Letterhead.
Thanks for replying, and congratulations on your ILR. You must be very happy :)

They haven't said no, btw. I haven't even gone into the branch for this yet. I ask as part of my planning ahead. Also because I've come across a few people where the branch refused to stamp the bank statements.

I've ordered the statements to be printed from Lloyds so I would assume they'd have the official stuff like letterheads on them. In the past, to cover all the bases, I had them stamped all the same. I'm trying to do the same now. You know what the immigration is like; we all end up running around and filling in the blanks to ensure all is in order.

On a side note, if you don't mind my asking, how long did your ILR application take?

Thank you.
Please see my http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 79919.htmlon this

toby303
Newly Registered

Post by toby303 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi gnau,

Here is the apprpriate link : http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 79957.html

Looking forward to your reply.

toby303
Newly Registered

Post by toby303 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:04 pm

gnua88 wrote:
toby303 wrote:Hi there,

That's it really and I hope you will be very fortunate.
Thanks. Yeah, I will still need to go to the branch because I have other smaller accounts that are on the Internet. So, if I get a 'no' up front, I will be asking to speak to the branch manager. It's somewhat worrying but I suppose I'll have to keep a cool head to cross this bridge if it comes.
toby303 wrote: Hi Moderators,

Could you please provide me with a link to your thread? It's better if I elaborate there.

From what I've read, your situation and mine are frighteningly similar lol. I applied with FLR(M) under the old regulation in July 2012 as well (but not married). I had mine back on Feb 2013 so 7 months later. You got yours back a month after. So, of course, now we're coming up towards applying for the ILR.

As far as I'm aware, and be advised that I'm no expert, there is NO financial requirements in cases like ours because we're under the old regulations. Thus one would assume as long as you're proving that you can and are providing for yourselves, and no public funds is in used, there will be no problems.

Btw, have you run the settlement checker here www(dot)gov(dot)uk(forwardslash)settle-in-the-uk ? I've done this couple of times but can't say I recall any mentions of financial requirements? If the latter was critical, they would've put it in there.

However, I do admit that on the same website, it states you've gotta prove that you can provide for yourselves...but there is no guidelines on how to do that. So, it's very much left to our interpretations.

I don't know much about the naturalisation. I was under the impression that you'd have to wait for a year or two after the ILR to apply for it but don't quote me on this.

Hope this somewhat helps. Give me your link and I'll try to communicate with you further there :)

Well, you are very right gnau. I have read on several thread online, although elsewhere that there are no financial requirement for those under the old regime/rule. And I wonder why nothing was written to that effect.
What sort of documents have you put together yourself?

Please reply to my thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 79957.html

Will be waiting, many thanks.

gnua88
Mood:
Myanmar

Post by gnua88 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:14 pm

Things have changed for the better since I last posted here. So, I thought I would contribute some updates.

First of all, as some you had kindly suggested, the bank statements sent from the bank were in fact "original" so they didn't need to be stamped or certified.

Secondly, I did print out some statements from the Internet and did go to the branch twice to get them stamped. And I faced no problem whatsoever. The only thing they asked for was my debit card so that they could verify me. Then, the statements were stamped. They didn't even ask why I needed them to be stamped.
So, I don't know why the telephone banking guy said otherwise (and scared me) :S

Last but not least, I went for the appointment this morning and was granted an ILR! So, the bank statements (along with other supporting documents) were fine :)