ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: BRP name change

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

television
Newly Registered

URGENT: BRP name change

Post by television » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi forum members,

I need your help! I received my BRP a few days ago, but I'd like to change my name (swap middle name for first name). It wasn't an error on their part, I just want to make the change by deed poll. Here are my questions:

1) If I just get a new passport with the slight name change, will I have a problem travelling with the BRP which has a different first name?

2) If I do want to change the name on my BRP, how do I go about this? I've searched the forum and haven't found a case just like mine. How much would this cost? How long will it take?

Thanks in advance :)

ATP1983
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT: BRP name change

Post by ATP1983 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:33 pm

Did u get a reply for your second question... I am in the same situation and would like to know how I can change my name on the BRP?
what form? How long it takes and what are the fees? Also what documents are required to be send