ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JOINT ACCOUNT BENEFIT ISSUE

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dianna
Newly Registered

JOINT ACCOUNT BENEFIT ISSUE

Post by Dianna » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Will payment of my husbands child benefit claim into our joint account affect my visa? I have no recourse to public funds and UKVI today said I can not receive public funds into my account, but could not clarify whether a joint account was ok. Please, please advise as I can't find the answer to this anywhere and am panicking!!

Dianna
Newly Registered

Re: JOINT ACCOUNT BENEFIT ISSUE

Post by Dianna » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:36 am

Please, someone provide me with some advice!! Feeling very stressed about this!

Dianna
Newly Registered

Post by Dianna » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:20 am

Thought I would share this for the benefit of others in a similar position:
I rang back UKVI today and thankfully spoke to someone prepared to look into the query for me. She stated that provided I can prove the child benefit is in my husband's name (will use CB correspondence) and provided I can give an explanation as to why the money has gone into a joint account (i.e. show that it was the only account he had at the time) it is not a problem.
I will put all this in a cover letter when I apply to extend my visa. My husband is opening a sole account and getting CB paid into that from now on any way just make things simpler, but at least I can stop worrying about the money we already received in the joint account.
Anyone else been through this? Were they advised similarly and was all fine with the visa outcome?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:38 pm

I applied for spouse visa (within the UK) and ILR with child benefit going into a joint account and had no problems or any questions asked. My husband (British) was the named claimant for my daughter (his stepdaughter).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.