ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2-G Change of Employer Rejection?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mashayekh_hosein
United Kingdom

Tier 2-G Change of Employer Rejection?

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Dear All,

I am currently working for my employer on a Tier 2 General visa. I have found a new job with a new employer and wish to change it. I have two questions:

1- If my new tier-2 application is rejected, will my current visa also revoked, or in the case of rejection my current visa will remain valid and I can continue working for my current employer?

2- In my contract it says my employer should give me two months notice to ask me to leave the company. I also know that the home office will curtail my leave to 60 days. Do these two periods overlap, or the the 60 days of the home office curtail starts from the last day of my two months notice?

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2-G Change of Employer Rejection?

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:50 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:Dear All,

I am currently working for my employer on a Tier 2 General visa. I have found a new job with a new employer and wish to change it. I have two questions:

1- If my new tier-2 application is rejected, will my current visa also revoked, or in the case of rejection my current visa will remain valid and I can continue working for my current employer?
Your current visa will remain valid in case of rejection of the new application.

2- In my contract it says my employer should give me two months notice to ask me to leave the company. I also know that the home office will curtail my leave to 60 days. Do these two periods overlap, or the the 60 days of the home office curtail starts from the last day of my two months notice?
Your 60 days will start from the date of curtailment which will be few days after your last day in current employment.
Many Thanks in advance for your help.