ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need to apply for dependent VISA for wife and daughter

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Need to apply for dependent VISA for wife and daughter

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:12 pm

First of all, really many many thanks to everyone of this group for helping me in getting my queries clarified from time to time, specially expert like moonlight, Frontier, manci, iworker etc.
Finally I got my BRP today and ready to start work from next monday. It would not have happened without the help of this group.

Now I need to apply for dependent visa for my wife and 1.5 years baby from india. Need some clarification on the same. Could you please clarify the same ?

In vfsglobal, I think I need to select the following for my daughter. Please clarify.
1. Reason For Visit : Work
Visa Type : Tier 2(General) Visa
Visa Sub Type : General Child, up to 3 years.
2. What official sponsor letter has been supplied as evidence ?
-> It needs to be CoS or letter from sponsor or something else ?

About Supporting document for daughter :-
1. My Passport Xerox and BRP Xerox.
2. My Spouse Passport Xerox copy
3. Daughter's Original Passport
4. CoS with maintenance 'Y' ticked by employer.
Do i need a letter for employer ?
If Yes, Is there any specific format for this ?
5. Bank Statement - Can I show my bank statement from India as I don't have sufficient balance in my UK account (read in this forum that no need to submit UK bank statement if not stayed more than 12 months)
Or
Wife's bank statement is fine ? (we have sufficient balance from India account to show for maintenace).
6. Currently I am staying in shared accomodation. I read in this forum that for children, it has to be 1 bed room (accomodation
as per department of health care, UK). Is it necessary to submit rental agreement ? If not submitted, chances of getting refusal ? Please suggest.
7. Daughter's birth certificate.

Supporting document for wife:
1. My Passport Xerox and BRP Xerox.
2. Wife's Original Passport
4. Same as daughter above?
5. Same as daughter above?
6. Same as Daughter above ?
7. Marriage Certificate
- is Marriage Ceritificate sufficient for relationship ?
I read in this forum that people submitting gmail chat, whatsapp chat or other communication related document. Is it necessary ? We have completed more than 4 years in marriage. I don't think we need to submit all these document. I think marriage certificate is fine. Please clarify.
8. Please highlight if I need to submit any other document ?

Sorry to ask you so many questions and some simple question. As I don't want to do any mistake while submitting dependent application for my wife and kid, that's why wanted to clarify all these info.
Really appreciate your help in advance.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Need to apply for dependent VISA for wife and daughter

Post by ravisb_2014 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi expert,
could anyone please clarify?
Appreciate your help in advace.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:07 pm

1. Yes, thts fine.

2. You can send a print of CoS details along with the application.

Supporting documents:
4. Since your dependents are applying separately, a "Y" by employer will not work. They will need a letter from your employer stating that they will take care of the maintenance. No specific format but it needs to be on their official letterhead and signed by appropriate authority. Chk gov.uk for more details on this.

5. You can show you or your wife's bank statement from India for both of them. gov.uk will have more details on the format.

6. Rental agreement is not a mandatory document. Some folks submit it, some don't. I guess it depends on the case-worker how he thinks. Same thing related to whatsapp, log calls and so on. Its not listed as mandatory documents but I've read cases that dependent applications has been rejected since the case worker was not satisfied with just the marriage certificate. If they are applying as your dependent for the first time, I would recommend to add as much information as possible.

7. Ensure both marriage & birth certificate is in English. if not, an official translation is required.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Appreciate your reply. Really helpful for me.
4.Will get letter also from employer on their letterhead - i think they just need to state that Mr 'A' is working here and we will maintain 1 month for their dependents once they are in UK.

5. will show more than 3 months bank statement for both from india.
6. I am still not confident about rental agreement as it's depending on the case worker to decide. i think better to have one.
7. All documents are in english and will submit the same. I think whatsapp message, call logs are not required.

Lastly, I think I need to get them tb test to be done and submit the report.
If anything else like degree certificate for english etc, please let me know. Hope I am not missing any other documents.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Degree Certificate is not reqd for dependents.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:21 am

Hi Moonlight, Thanks for your help and answering my queries.
I think I missed out one more document. Just wanted to confirm on the same. Please confirm.

I saw in one of the thread in this forum that we need to submit Invitation Letter by Main Applicant (sponsor) stating that you will take the responsibility to provide her accommodation and fulfill all her expenses which include travel, subsistence, leisure, medical and any other circumstantial needs. Is it in simple white paper or something letter head again ?

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:46 pm

While filling up Tier 2(G) VISA - General Partner for dependent(from India), I have observed the following questions and need a clarification on the same. Kindly clarify the same ?

It's about entering details of Main Applicant.
About the Main Applicant :

1. What permission do they have to stay in the UK?
->Ans : In my BRP, it's TIER 2 (GENERAL) LEAVE TO REMAIN.
But In online application, we can't enter bracket '(' or ')', so is it fine to enter without bracket as below.
TIER 2 GENERAL LEAVE TO REMAIN.

2.What is the start date of the job or course?
3.What is the end date of the job or course ?
->As per CoS, I was supposed to start work from 19th Jan, 2015 till 18th Jan, 2018, but I received my BRP on 20th Jan, 2015 and could not start on 19th Jan, 2015 and as I got my BRP later, my employer has given an employment contract starting on 26th Jan, 2015 till 1st Feb, 2018 ( my current VISA expiry date).

For above two questions, do I need to enter start and end date as per CoS or as per employeement contract ?
Please clarify. It's really confusing me.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi Moonlight and other expert,
Currently I am collecting the details before applying for dependent visa.
Please clarify for my previous queries.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 pm

1. It's fine.
2 & 3. Put dates from employment contract.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:35 pm

thanks moonlight for your prompt reply.
Before that, I posted one more query as below.. I think you did not observe that.. Below is the same query again. Please clarify on the same.

I saw in one of the thread in this forum that we need to submit Invitation Letter by Main Applicant (sponsor) stating that you will take the responsibility to provide her accommodation and fulfill all her expenses which include travel, subsistence, leisure, medical and any other circumstantial needs. Is it in simple white paper or something letter head again ?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:58 am

Main applicant and Sponsor are two different entities. Main applicant is you and sponsor is your organisation. Which one do you mean here?

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Sorry moonlight to make you confused by mentioning the word "sponsor".
It's me, i.e. main applicant. do i need to give an invitation or cover letter stating that I will supporting my dependent (wife and kid) in all cases as mentioned in my previous email ? If yes, does it need to be in white blank paper or some letter head ?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Not required. The letter from your employer will suffice.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks moonlight for guiding through the complete process and clarifying my queries.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:50 pm

Dear ravisb_2014, manci and moonlight55 and all other members

I'm in the same board , means i'm also going to apply for my wife and daughter visa for tier2 general dependent, I've every thing except Tenancy agreement , because I'm living with my friend in a share accommodation from last one year which is on his name and all utilitiy bills as well, So what you suggest , means if i change my flat then I have to change my address on every document, ( like bank statement, NHS card, DVLA, and all others),
Or I'll ask from my employer to give me letter for one month maintenance with accommodation?

2: Do you Submitt 2 Differnt Applications , one for your wife and one for your daughter ? If yes then should you send two copies of every thing to your dependents? ( Like bank statements 2 copies, passport 2 copies, letter 2 copies and others)

3: I have kept 3000 pound from last September 2014 ( More then 5 months), but every month no balance increase, means whatever i've saved i send it to my family, is it OK.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:55 pm

@sunny007,
I am still in a process of collecting information before applying VISA for my wife and daughter.
It's really unfortunate and sad to know that dependent visa were rejected for some of the members in this group due to tenancy agreement not submitted, not submitting subsisting document to show relationship other than marriage certificate etc. Not sure what case worker decides at that moment.

I am still in search for a 1 bedroom house to accommodate my wife and daughter, but it's really difficult to get a house within our budget as property prices have gone up these days and some agent or owner does not allow children. :(

2. It is always better to keep two copies of supporting documents because in case, vfs office(India) asking for separate documents for both applicant.
3. i think it's fine as long as you have sufficient balance as per guidelines to support your dependent for 1st month or get a letter from your employer.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:17 pm

ravisb_2014 wrote:@sunny007,
I am still in a process of collecting information before applying VISA for my wife and daughter.
It's really unfortunate and sad to know that dependent visa were rejected for some of the members in this group due to tenancy agreement not submitted, not submitting subsisting document to show relationship other than marriage certificate etc. Not sure what case worker decides at that moment.

I am still in search for a 1 bedroom house to accommodate my wife and daughter, but it's really difficult to get a house within our budget as property prices have gone up these days and some agent or owner does not allow children. :(

2. It is always better to keep two copies of supporting documents because in case, vfs office(India) asking for separate documents for both applicant.
3. i think it's fine as long as you have sufficient balance as per guidelines to support your dependent for 1st month or get a letter from your employer.
Thanks ravisb_2014 for your quick response,
if you get any more info on this please update , once again many thanks

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:24 pm

@sunny007,
Here is guideline for Tier 2 Dependent.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

Below is the excerpts from the link that says about children's care and accommodation, but I could not find more details from Department of Health website. If anyone or expert knows the exact link, please provide the same.

Care arrangements for children
41.  All arrangements for children’s care and accommodation in the United Kingdom must comply
with relevant United Kingdom legislation and regulations. More information can be found on the
Department of Health website:

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:56 pm

@ravi
I have found some thing, so think need to share with every one..
Salary Requirement for Dependent in Tier 2 General
We will make this change. We will introduce a minimum income requirement of £18,600 for sponsoring a non-EEA spouse or partner, with higher amounts for non-EEA children under the age of 18. For sponsoring a non-EEA spouse/partner and one child, the requirement will be £22,400, with an additional £2,400 for each additional child sponsored before the migrant spouse or partner qualifies for settlement

Link Ref : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... am-mig.pdf

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Hello every one , Advice needed from expert please

I have found some thing related to accommodation on the following link ( check page 9)
"(iv) there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without
recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and"

Can any one explain this ? i mean this requirement is for Tier2 general Dependent visa category , is this related to Tenancy Agreement?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:31 pm

See also here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:16 pm

@sunny007, seems like tenancy agreement is mandatory, specially when you are planning to get your children. So, first finalize a house and do the agreement soon and apply for dependent visa. I am also doing the same.

Hi Moonlight,
I think this is already answered. Sorry if I am repeating.

When I was filling up dependent visa for my family, I missed some questions to ask. Kindly reply me.
1. How long do you intend to stay in the UK?
My visa is valid till 1st Feb, 2018, but CoS end date says 18th Jan, 2018. Which one to enter for this ?
till 1st Feb, 2018 or till 18th Jan, 2018 or around 3 years ?

2. What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
-> I am going to rent a new house by end of March, 2015, but getting the agreement in the beginning of March, 2015.
Shall I enter my current address or new address as my family will join me in the new house when they come to UK ?

-> My wife has already done with the TB test this month and she has given my current address and while applying for visa, she will give the new address(based on above question's answer). Will it be a problem ?

3. Does your spouse / partner currently live with you?
-> it's a silly question. Currently she is india and I am in UK and while applying for visa too, situation will be same.
So, I think she needs to enter "NO".

4. Will your spouse/partner be travelling with you?
-> If she says "NO". will they not allow to travel with spouse in case If I need to travel to bring them here ?

Appreciate your help in advance.

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:19 pm

someone from expert, please reply.

sunny007
United Kingdom

Post by sunny007 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Hello ravisb_2014

As you mention your last post that you are going to change your flat ? so my question here is that should you need to change your address on the whole documents ( like , bank statement, Payslip, DVLA, NHS or any other documents ) which you are going to show with your Application? or you still in processing to gather info

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:42 pm

1. I'd prefer to put visa end date.
2. I'm assuming you plan to enclose a copy of tenancy agreement as part of the application. In that case, put new address. A different address in visa application is fine.
3&4. Put the facts. NO and NO.