ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fameface
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by fameface » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Was wondering drink driving and a fine ... Do u still get this visa .... Basically got refused for an extension flr fp home office claim it takes 5 years to get spent

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:27 pm

@Congrats shahfurqan .......wow wonderful im sooooo iii happy for you .....This is ur time enjoy my friend god b

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:30 pm

@Careandshare ill be a regular visitor mate ...even though I got the Approval I would like to spend 20 mins in a day trying to share my knowledge with new applicants

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 pm

maddysheffield wrote:@Congrats shahfurqan .......wow wonderful im sooooo iii happy for you .....This is ur time enjoy my friend god b
hay maddy,thanks a lot mate.I am really delighted for myself and for every one who got approvals.I am really thank full to my Lord primarily and to all of you guys secondary who morally supported me.stay blessed and do not forget in your prayers.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependents won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependent with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.

I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversely with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

We are now about to challenge the rule next week. Please come forward and join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/716996288335740/
immigration-for-family-members/pre-july-2012-pbs-dependants-petition-t164354.html

Thanks
Regards
Faisal

RAZAjaan
Newly Registered

Post by RAZAjaan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:16 pm

faisaltanoli wrote:Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependents won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependent with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.

I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversely with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

We are now about to challenge the rule next week. Please come forward and join us

immigration-for-family-members/pre-july-2012-pbs-dependants-petition-t164354.html

Thanks
Regards
Faisal
Hi Faisal
Could not get the point... let me explain my situation... I recenlty got ILR 10 yrs long .. I was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa my wife an one kids are my dependent. I had got this Visa Feb 2014.. As my dependent still got visa untill March 2017. I was thinking to apply for ILR 10 yrs base when they qualify after 8 months .. Would this be ok to wait until that time
I would appreciate if you could advise in this regards

Best Regards
and Slaam

Raza

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:43 pm

@Allesheikh,mate i definitely could understand your frustration but still you have not crossed the six months time limit.i am very much sure you will soon be receiving a decision on your application as you mentioned they have asked for the death certificate and you also have involved your local MP.you mentioned though you made an in time application but you been refused twice and then you applied and got visa.you must make sure that there is difference between refusal and rejected as invalid because of any issue such as payment,picture,form etc.if you were refused because of the college but you made an in time application,then you must have received an appeal option and if you did receive,you won and you were granted with visa,then you are fine.as for as rejected as invalid is concerned,if you made an in time application and was returned and you were asked with a letter to reapply within 28 days and you did and got visa,you will still fine.If the HO erroneously refused your application and letter on through consideration or pre action protocol they reversed their original decision your continuity is still not broken.could you please explain the gap scenario with exact dates?[/quote]

@Shahfurqan
None of the application was invalid. First occasion they refused saying that my college is not registered with HO but it was only my college address was changed and on HO website it was new address. I'm not sure but I think I was given appeal rights but instead of appealing I made fresh application and paid another fee. Got approval in 4 weeks and they refunded second application fee saying it was a mistake by HO.
Next extension my visa was valid till 28 August 2008 and I applied on 22 August 2008 got acknowledgement letter on 26aug 2008 and approval visa stamp dated 20 oct 2008. I was mentioning about this gap in visa stamps. This acknowledgement letter was attached with my ilr application to prove in time application.

Third occasion my tier 1 general initial application they refused on maintenance funds saying I have not met maintenance funds requirement as on 3 different occasions my balance of Halifax account was below the requirement. But I have provided my pakistan bank statements to meet maintenance funds requirement and was mentioned on my cover letter but they didn't consider that statement. No appeal right was given as I had a valid visa for another 6 months. Got a solicitor and asked for review the case by senior case worker otherwise I will file judical review. They reviewed my case and approved in 2 weeks without judical review.
All other applications were well in time no other problems. And sorry for long msg that's all my immigration history. Let me know what you think could be the reason.

Thanks
Ali

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:44 pm

Hi dec14
bro i used it just for SET(LR) never used it before for getting any type of visas i really didn't know about this scam i took the test genuinely and i know there are many people who have taken their tests genuinely and got stuck in the middle of the way like me
K4 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:HI K4

http://thepienews.com/news/uk-latest-65 ... s-removed/

check the link

These are the latest and presumed to be final statistics from a rolling investigation which started with licence suspensions at 57 private colleges and evolved to encompass at least 75 private colleges.

I am not saying it's over I guess it's over been nearly a year.
Hi, mate did you use the Toiec with SET (LR) application or before you used to get any other visa ?[/quote]

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:50 pm

Hi K4

Yes MP received letter HO asking for death certificate which I will send tomorrow. i did send email received from my sister but they ask for certificate. I hope you get yours soon as well. I'll update as soon as I hear from HO.

Thanks Ali[/quote]

@k4,mate if your case is straight forward but you had Toeic issue,then you should not rule out of being get interviewed by HO.hope it do not happen but this is a serious issue.[/quote]

Hi K4
I have no history to toiec. For English language I gave my masters degree from uni of east London with transcript.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:57 pm

@Shahfurqan

Congrats for your approval you deserve this. Remember others in your prayers. Enjoy your freedom.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:08 am

@Shahfurqan

Sorry mate below is my visa history

09 August 2004 till 31/10/2007 student visa

12/11/2007 till 31/08/2008 student (this application was refused for college not listed - in time application applied after refusal on 28/10/2007)

20/10/2008 till 31/08/2010 student (this gap I mentioned expiry of last visa and starting of this one. Applied on 21/08/08)

01/10/2009 till 01/10/2011 PSW

08/09/2011 till 08/09/2013 tier 1 general (this was refused on maintenance funds applied in April 2011)

04/09/2013 till 04/09/2016 tier 1 general
Applied for ILR on 26/08/2014

Student 5 years
PSW almost 2 years
Tier 1 general 3 years

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:18 am

RAZAjaan wrote:
faisaltanoli wrote:Hi All;

Thanks
Regards
Faisal
Hi Faisal
Could not get the point... let me explain my situation... I recenlty got ILR 10 yrs long .. I was on Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa my wife an one kids are my dependent. I had got this Visa Feb 2014.. As my dependent still got visa untill March 2017. I was thinking to apply for ILR 10 yrs base when they qualify after 8 months .. Would this be ok to wait until that time
I would appreciate if you could advise in this regards

Best Regards
and Slaam

Raza
Hi Raza,

I am like in your situation, you may be running at risk with your spouse and child visa. You should switch their visa category from tier 1 dependent to dependent of a settle person as soon as possible, possibly within 28 days. Otherwise, the home office may say that their visa is invalid as they are no longer of dependent of tier 1. Once they get an extension with their FLR(M) then they should be able to apply for 10 years route on their own right. Not switching their visa to flr(m) might cause lots of trouble and their long residency chain may be broken. It is also mandatory to meet the income threshold which is £18600 for one dependent application. This is unfair with us that's why these people are launching judicial action.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:33 am

my employer uses an immigration solicitor firm for all visa applications, extensions etc. What they told my employer is that I should apply for Tier 2 extension rather than ILR under 10 year scheme. The reason they quoted was that if I apply for ILR (postal application & it takes nearly 4 months to finish the process) I wouldn't have visa after 31st of August. I told my employer I can give the acknowledgement letter from HO as a proof (hopefully I will get this before 31st August). But my employer says they are not sure that is acceptable and they ask me to do what the solicitors are saying.

The issue for me is that if I go with Tier 2 extension, I'll be tied with the same employer and my ILR will be delayed for another 2 years. My children (both born in the UK) can't apply for British passports

@sj307,keep continue for the time being with your employer as you are on tier2 and you have not got any option any way.if the 10 years laws do not get hard then if you do not have family and kids with you will advise you to go for ilr under 10 years long residence as your employer solicitor firm must know that your status will remain the same if you apply before the expiry of your leave as this is exactly not my wording but the Home Office wording and your employer solicitor should not

Thanks for the replies. But the most difficult thing of going with Tier 2 extension is that, how do I know the 5 year wait for ILR (under Tier 2) will remain 5 years. I remember back in early 2000s, this 5yr wait was 3yrs by then. Are we sure that the Gov is not going to change it to 6yrs or 7yrs by 2016/2017. If it happens, I'll look stupid if I go with Tier 2 extension. Any rumours or facts about Gov planning to chagne the 5yr waiting time?[/quote]

@SJ307
Just a suggestion why don't you get your tier 2 extension done and then apply for ilr 10 year route It will cost you for two applications but your problem will be solved.

Or HO website says applications under considerations your current status is valid until you get decision print that out and show to your employer. Maybe they just don't want you to get ilr and might be thinking If you get you can leave the job and work anywhere.

Just a suggestions senior members could comment more if it's possible.

Thanks
Ali

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:39 am

mazeen1910 wrote:Guys,

Does anyone know if the HO keeps records of our calls when we call them. I mean because they take our reference number etc is there a system they keep notes when we called last etc??

Cheers,

The guy in waiting :D :D
Hi Mazeen

I have called HO today and asked them weather they keep track of calls or any msg or note will be passed to case worker unit and they confirmed these calls are not monitored and they can't put any notes for case worker. These lines are only to check status which gets updated by case workers.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:09 am

Allesheikh wrote:
mazeen1910 wrote:Guys,

Does anyone know if the HO keeps records of our calls when we call them. I mean because they take our reference number etc is there a system they keep notes when we called last etc??

Cheers,

The guy in waiting :D :D
Hi Mazeen

I have called HO today and asked them weather they keep track of calls or any msg or note will be passed to case worker unit and they confirmed these calls are not monitored and they can't put any notes for case worker. These lines are only to check status which gets updated by case workers.
Thanks for checking. That's comforting news for some I guess :D .

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:56 am

shahfurqan wrote:Praise be to Allah,Lord of all the worlds,Earth and Skies and whatever in between.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

with the extreme mercy of my lord and with the Sincere prayers of my well wishers including all of my 10 years long residence Forum colleagues,I am happily announcing that I have received my Indefinite Leave to Remain.on the spread sheet am under the user name saba.my timeline is as follow.

Application Sent: 29 September 2014
Acknowledgement: 07 October 2014
Bio Invitation: 17 October 2014
Enrollment: 18 October 2014
Approval: 27 January 2015
BRP: 28 January 2015

I wish best of luck to everyone waiting for their approval.May the Most High make your wait stress less and easy and grant you with approvals and may full fill your fair dreams.Please do not forget in your prayers and prayers should not be limited to approvals only as we all need everyday and every time.
Many congratulations. Best of luck for the future however now it's time to celebrate.

Timata24
Newly Registered

Post by Timata24 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:46 am

Dear All,
One final check with the house before submitting my application. I want to check if my documents/supporting documents will suffice.
1. All passports with stamps.
2. Copies of all biometric cards
3. Life in UK
4. Degree in UK
5. Children Birth Certificate (UK) - Ties
6. Mortgage Documents
7. Letter from Employer - Stating current employment status.
8. And finally completed application form
Do I need to add anymore supporting documents. Is a cover letter advisable? if yes, does anyone have a template?
Thanks

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:15 am

Timata24 wrote:Dear All,
One final check with the house before submitting my application. I want to check if my documents/supporting documents will suffice.
3. Life in UK
4. Degree in UK
6. Mortgage Documents
Do I need to add anymore supporting documents. Is a cover letter advisable? if yes, does anyone have a template?
Thanks
congratulation for crossing a 10 years milestone. i don't know your full history however if your case is pretty straight then here is the list you need to submit with Set(LR) application.
current SET (LR) application Form
2 Photos with your name and date of birth written on back
Current Passport
All previous passports held
BRP card if you have one
photo copies of your previous BRP cards if you have them
Life in the UK test pass letter
approved english certificate or Degree taught in uk
photocopies of all documents submitted with application
if you want to keep your case simple no extra document required however for your satisfaction you can send other supporting documents as well. A good covering letter is always helpful but not necessary.
thanks

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:32 am

Hi,hammad14

Did you send them a new English certificate because as far as I no home office not going to approved with Toiec,on of my friend got refusal SET (LR) he used TOEIC in his previous tier 4 application and he got the visa for 18 month last year may he applied for set(lr) with his masters degree even though home office refused his visa the only reson mentioned the time he used toiec is invalided thee fore his continues stay break .he don't get appeal rights now he filled JR .

Since

Post by Since » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 am

Dear All,

I am a quite reader on this forum and decided to ask here instead going to robbing immigration solicitors.

I am going to qualify for ILR under 10 years rules sometime in march 2015 however i would like to hear your views on my chances of successful application.

Arrived in the UK on 03-Apr-2005

Student dependent visa: 03- Apr-2005 - 30-Apr-2006
Student dependent visa: 05-May-2006 - 04-May-2011 (me and my husband applied on 20-Apr-05 from university batch system)
PSW Dependent : 10-jun-2010 - 28-Oct-2011
Tier1 Dependent: 28-Oct-2011- till date

me and my husband had applied for Tier 1 General visa same time. My husband granted as Tier 1 general main applicant while my application for Tier 1 General dependent is refused and returned to me as i missed to sign in the application form. Home office refunded my fees as well.

Later on I applied on 28th-Oct-2011 as Tier 1 dependent and application was successful.

Am i going to be counted as overstayed between 23-jan-2011 till 28-oct-2011 as mu husband tier 1 general application was successful and mine wasn't even though i had non expired PSW dependent visa till 09-jun-2012

Waiting for your reply.

Please reply as i am stressing out my self.

Thanks

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:57 am

Allesheikh wrote:@Allesheikh,mate i definitely could understand your frustration but still you have not crossed the six months time limit.i am very much sure you will soon be receiving a decision on your application as you mentioned they have asked for the death certificate and you also have involved your local MP.you mentioned though you made an in time application but you been refused twice and then you applied and got visa.you must make sure that there is difference between refusal and rejected as invalid because of any issue such as payment,picture,form etc.if you were refused because of the college but you made an in time application,then you must have received an appeal option and if you did receive,you won and you were granted with visa,then you are fine.as for as rejected as invalid is concerned,if you made an in time application and was returned and you were asked with a letter to reapply within 28 days and you did and got visa,you will still fine.If the HO erroneously refused your application and letter on through consideration or pre action protocol they reversed their original decision your continuity is still not broken.could you please explain the gap scenario with exact dates?
@Shahfurqan
None of the application was invalid. First occasion they refused saying that my college is not registered with HO but it was only my college address was changed and on HO website it was new address. I'm not sure but I think I was given appeal rights but instead of appealing I made fresh application and paid another fee. Got approval in 4 weeks and they refunded second application fee saying it was a mistake by HO.
Next extension my visa was valid till 28 August 2008 and I applied on 22 August 2008 got acknowledgement letter on 26aug 2008 and approval visa stamp dated 20 oct 2008. I was mentioning about this gap in visa stamps. This acknowledgement letter was attached with my ilr application to prove in time application.

Third occasion my tier 1 general initial application they refused on maintenance funds saying I have not met maintenance funds requirement as on 3 different occasions my balance of Halifax account was below the requirement. But I have provided my pakistan bank statements to meet maintenance funds requirement and was mentioned on my cover letter but they didn't consider that statement. No appeal right was given as I had a valid visa for another 6 months. Got a solicitor and asked for review the case by senior case worker otherwise I will file judical review. They reviewed my case and approved in 2 weeks without judical review.
All other applications were well in time no other problems. And sorry for long msg that's all my immigration history. Let me know what you think could be the reason.

Thanks
Ali[/quote]

@Ali,mate you seems to be pretty fine,am just confused on your first occasion where you mentioned you are not sure whether you were given right of appeal or not but you made fresh application.once you get appeal right then you cannot make fresh application and you need to make sure whether you were refused or rejected as invalid but you said HO admitted mistake so i think u should be fine.i am not sure whether you have got your subject access request before applying for ilr or not as it would had told you exactly what happened and what they have updated in their minutes sheet.but do not worry you are still fine.i am sure when you applied on the first occasion it was within 28 days.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:00 am

Since wrote:Dear All,

I am a quite reader on this forum and decided to ask here instead going to robbing immigration solicitors.

I am going to qualify for ILR under 10 years rules sometime in march 2015 however i would like to hear your views on my chances of successful application.

Arrived in the UK on 03-Apr-2005

Student dependent visa: 03- Apr-2005 - 30-Apr-2006
Student dependent visa: 05-May-2006 - 04-May-2011 (me and my husband applied on 20-Apr-05 from university batch system)
PSW Dependent : 10-jun-2010 - 28-Oct-2011
Tier1 Dependent: 28-Oct-2011- till date

me and my husband had applied for Tier 1 General visa same time. My husband granted as Tier 1 general main applicant while my application for Tier 1 General dependent is refused and returned to me as i missed to sign in the application form. Home office refunded my fees as well.

Later on I applied on 28th-Oct-2011 as Tier 1 dependent and application was successful.

Am i going to be counted as overstayed between 23-jan-2011 till 28-oct-2011 as mu husband tier 1 general application was successful and mine wasn't even though i had non expired PSW dependent visa till 09-jun-2012

Waiting for your reply.

Please reply as i am stressing out my self.

Thanks
Hi, you had valid visa during that time so no need to worry you are fine according to me but plz wait for senior members replay .

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 am

Allesheikh wrote:@Shahfurqan

Sorry mate below is my visa history

09 August 2004 till 31/10/2007 student visa

12/11/2007 till 31/08/2008 student (this application was refused for college not listed - in time application applied after refusal on 28/10/2007)

20/10/2008 till 31/08/2010 student (this gap I mentioned expiry of last visa and starting of this one. Applied on 21/08/08)

01/10/2009 till 01/10/2011 PSW

08/09/2011 till 08/09/2013 tier 1 general (this was refused on maintenance funds applied in April 2011)

04/09/2013 till 04/09/2016 tier 1 general
Applied for ILR on 26/08/2014

Student 5 years
PSW almost 2 years
Tier 1 general 3 years
@ali,i am pretty sure you are fine as you applied in time application.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:04 am

Hi every one , Mc Queen update (google spread sheets) their status as approved is it true ?

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 am

Timata24 wrote:Dear All,
3. Life in UK
4. Degree in UK
6. Mortgage Documents
Thanks
@Timata,dear if all of your past applications are straight forward,no gaps,no issues then you will even be fine without few documents you have mentioned because in this category even if you send extra documents but you had issues in past or gaps or over staying etc,they would not consider other documents but at the same time this is plus point for you as you are providing them with more information which is also nice.make sure you also send them photocopies of your all passports along with original and just for your own sake if you wanna make photo copy of the form and keep it with yourself to avoid future discrepancies.Go ahead you are fine with these documents.Nothing is better than peace of mind.