ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT(Migrant) -> Tier 2(General) -> ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurav_sngl
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT(Migrant) -> Tier 2(General) -> ILR

Post by gaurav_sngl » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 am

HI All,

I entered UK on 24th Nov 2009 on Tier 2 ICT mIgrant. Went back to India for some official work in July 2010.
Entered UK again on 14th August 2011 and have been in UK since then.
I had a continuos Tier 2 ICT visa all this while from Nov 2009 and valid till August 2015.

I believe i will be eligible for ILR in August 2016 with my Tier 2 ICT visa. is that correct?

I am also getting an offer where i need to convert my Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General. I believe i will be eligible to convert it?

will my cycle start again for ILR when i switch visa or it depends on my entry date and my ICT stay will be counted towards ILR?

If my cycle re-starts, will i be eligible to get ILR with tier 2 General in 5 years?

Regards
Gaurav

gaurav_sngl
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT(Migrant) -> Tier 2(General) -> ILR

Post by gaurav_sngl » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Moderators pls advice

talk2ram28
BANNED

Re: Tier 2 ICT(Migrant) -> Tier 2(General) -> ILR

Post by talk2ram28 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:35 pm

This is my view.
You initial ICT period for ILR is broken as you have been back to home country on july 2010 and returned on Aug 2011 which is more than continuous 90 days.

You will not be able to convert ICT to General as the new rule involves cooling period of 12 months. This means you need to leave UK and apply for Tier 2 general after 12 months.