ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SYH
BANNED

ILR Time

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:04 pm

I am up for ILR via HSMP. Whoopie!!! I am looking for some ideas or feedback as to how to best present my case.

Based on what I am doing below, is there anything else I should also include, consider or do to make the case as strong as possible.
Last edited by SYH on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:07 pm

In your own words, if you do a search, you lazy bum, I think you would find that all of your questions are answered elsewhere on this forum.

You are continually rude and think you know it all - I fail to see what incentive there is for others on the forum to help you.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:08 pm

VictoriaS wrote:In your own words, if you do a search, you lazy bum, I think you would find that all of your questions are answered elsewhere on this forum.

You are continually rude and think you know it all - I fail to see what incentive there is for others on the forum to help you.

Victoria
Since I already got such a lousy response from the very professional Victoria, I have decided that I probably won't get any insightful remarks, not because of the lack of incentive for the members but because I have done my research and others haven't so unfortunately, I don't see other members will be in a position to provide any more insight.
For a professional to take the first opportunity to try to rub it, whatever she thinks she is rubbing, in my face just shows how low class she is and I won't dignfy it by letting her take pot shots on my well presented case.

In the end, your behaviour causes the forum to loss out Victoria, not my so called rude behaviour.
Last edited by SYH on Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:11 pm

VictoriaS wrote:In your own words, if you do a search, you lazy bum, I think you would find that all of your questions are answered elsewhere on this forum.

Victoria
aah ah ah.
A taste of his/her own medicine. :roll: :roll: :lol:
Praise The Lord!!!!

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:13 pm

Victoria
Well, I feel compelled and just have to say it... I'm glad I'm not the only one... :roll: (Yes, yes, I know SYH... this time I indeed am repeating what someone else has said.)

miffedyankee
Newly Registered

Post by miffedyankee » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:16 pm

Well put..VictoriaS.

Should hopefully put paid to his rudeness and arrogance while replying to posts by others.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Christophe wrote:

Victoria
Well, I feel compelled and just have to say it... I'm glad I'm not the only one... :roll: (Yes, yes, I know SYH... this time I indeed am repeating what someone else has said.)
OH Christophe, you poor baby. I know lots of people like you without independant thought. You are not alone.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:22 pm

SYH wrote:OH Christophe, you poor baby. I know lots of people like you without independant thought. You are not alone.
Possibly. Though the adjective independent is normally spelt with an "e" as the last vowel, so so too much independence of thought is not always advisable in written submissions...

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:23 pm

Christophe wrote:
SYH wrote:OH Christophe, you poor baby. I know lots of people like you without independant thought. You are not alone.
Possibly. Though the adjective independent is normally spelt with an "e" as the last vowel, so so too much independence of thought is not always advisable in written submissions...
You are a good sport although pedantic about typos

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:25 pm

SYH wrote: You are a good sport although pedantic about typos
Well, if people like me aren't pedantic, who will be?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:26 pm

Christophe wrote:
SYH wrote: You are a good sport although pedantic about typos
Well, if people like me aren't pedantic, who will be?
Sure someone has to do it, although you wont see the forest from the trees.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:29 pm

In your own words, if you do a search, you lazy bum, I think you would find that all of your questions are answered elsewhere on this forum.

Well said
:D
your behaviour causes the forum to loss out Victoria
Hmm, and being rude to posters and calling them names like "knucklehead"is acceptable behavior and doesn't bring the tone of the forum down?

Since I already got such a lousy response from the very professional Victoria, I have decided that I probably won't get any insightful remarks,
I would imagine that many of the posters to whom you give the same reply (go look it up lazy) would probably feel the same thing. Pot, kettle, black.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:41 pm

yankeegirl wrote:[... Pot, kettle, black.
blah blah yankee girl

as my post was well put together, it was just to fine tune it not start from scratch like all the others whiners in here who didn't lift a finger and check out the bia site first or use the search function on the forum.

And the ones who have this sense of entitlement of an immediate and hit on the head response whom I take issue with. If I told someone they were a lazy bum, they were a lazy bum for not attempting to follow the directions to get their answer. Try to evaluate something in its context not on the superficial level of oh dear you called someone a bum.

However since people don't see the benefit of trying to look at the model I presented and how it might help their own thinking process and approach to their cases, then the forum lost out.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:08 pm

Victoria
Can I make an appointment to come and give you a hug?
Jabi

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:42 am

Docterror wrote:

Victoria
Can I make an appointment to come and give you a hug?

This thread is well funny :lol:
Magsi

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:26 am

SYH,
Take a long hard look within yourself and you will realise that so many people are not wrong about you and your selfrighteous arrogant attitude.
In the last six months or so you have made no positive contribution to this site.
In fact I wonder why you have not been ban from this site??
I like many would not miss you.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:08 pm

Siggi wrote:SYH,
Take a long hard look within yourself and you will realise that so many people are not wrong about you and your selfrighteous arrogant attitude.
In the last six months or so you have made no positive contribution to this site.
Then why do I get so many emails asking for my help and giving me support. It is you guys who are self righteous. You guys think you are the moral authority and just spout the motto of the UK for a safe and tolerant society when you don't mean it at all. I say what people may not want to hear so you don't like me? Oh I better, cry in my sandbox. Boo Hoo, you guys aren't tolerant of my point of view or how I express myself. Everything I have said has been backed up and verfiried but you read what you want to see and you characterize it the way you want, obviously No matter how much you distort it and take it out of contect, I am still within bounds and that just eats you up. I guess you better go home and not share your toys with me.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:12 pm

SYH wrote:

Victoria
Since I already got such a lousy response from the very professional Victoria, I have decided that I probably won't get any insightful remarks, not because of the lack of incentive for the members but because I have done my research and others haven't so unfortunately, I don't see other members will be in a position to provide any more insight.
For a professional to take the first opportunity to try to rub it, whatever she thinks she is rubbing, in my face just shows how low class she is and I won't dignfy it by letting her take pot shots on my well presented case.

In the end, your behaviour causes the forum to loss out Victoria, not my so called rude behaviour.
Really? Oh no! What a waste! :lol: :oops: :twisted:
Praise The Lord!!!!

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:18 pm

SYH wrote:
Siggi wrote:SYH,
Then why do I get so many emails asking for my help and giving me support. It is you guys who are self righteous. You guys think you are the moral authority and just spout the motto of the UK for a safe and tolerant society when you don't mean it at all. I say what people may not want to hear so you don't like me? Oh I better, cry in my sandbox. Boo Hoo, you guys aren't tolerant of my point of view or how I express myself. Everything I have said has been backed up and verfiried but you read what you want to see and you characterize it the way you want, obviously No matter how much you distort it and take it out of contect, I am still within bounds and that just eats you up. I guess you better go home and not share your toys with me.
If you are so insightful and helpful then you should have absolutely no problem figuring out the answer to your own question. In fact I am surprised, Oh Mighty One, that you have deemed us worthy of the opportunity to answer a question posed by so learned a person as you. It is indeed humbling to be in the presence of such greatness.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:10 pm

Dawie wrote: If you are so insightful and helpful then you should have absolutely no problem figuring out the answer to your own question. In fact I am surprised, Oh Mighty One, that you have deemed us worthy of the opportunity to answer a question posed by so learned a person as you. It is indeed humbling to be in the presence of such greatness.
First as usual you are presuming things you don't know. The manner in which I invited feedback was to finetune the product presented. It was well thought out and explained. However, since everyone decided to be so rude, I edited the model out as I wasn't in the mood for further potshots.
By presenting it for feedback, I obviously think better of the forum than you realized until certain members became an ugly mob displayed by their comments and continued to be displayed with each additional response on this thread. So good for you, for being so above it all. Well done.