ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about ILR from Ancestry Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arandandabout
Newly Registered

Questions about ILR from Ancestry Visa

Post by arandandabout » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:12 pm

Hello fellow Immigrants!

My name is Alex and I am about to complete my UK Ancestry Visa here in London. I am applying for ILR in person at Croydon on Wednesday, and I was hoping to ask a few questions before I do.

Firstly, it's important to note that my Visa expires next Thursday (05/02) so my application on the day before is stressful, and it's highly important I get it right the first time. If any of my questions have already been answered, please feel free to guide me in the right direction.

First question:
Is this enough proof of what I need to get ILR, or is anything missing?

-Completed Set (O) application form
-Photographs (2)
-Old Passport and Current Passport
-Original Birth Certificates for myself, my Father, and Grandfather (British)
-3 Month Bank statement
-3 Months of Payslips
-Life in the UK Pass
-P60's from all 4 previous years, plus letters from current employers and old employers
-Terms & Conditions of work, Self Assessments (I work self-employed as well as PAYE), and old Invoices
- National Insurance Card, letters from HMRC (further documentation I work)
- Copies of Visa, Passports, and Birth Certificates
- And finally, a Cover letter explaining it all

Is there anything I am missing?

And second Question:
My appointment is very close to my due date, and I am aware that Rescheduling is an option for the Premium Services. When I go to check out my other dates it says something along the lines of "your current date will be cancelled". Does anyone know if the current appointment gets cancelled BEFORE you can look for new appointments, or after? Is it worth risking incase no other appointments are available? Basically, which is the lesser of two evils?

Thank you so much for time. I look forward to hearing your answers :D

Alex

uday2509

Re: Questions about ILR from Ancestry Visa

Post by uday2509 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:33 pm

Dont you need English language proof or certificate?' correct me if I am wrong.

When I had my ILR done, i did produce the below documents.

12 months pay slips.
12 months Bank statements.
dates out of the country ( last 5 years).

And all the documents from your list.

arandandabout
Newly Registered

Re: Questions about ILR from Ancestry Visa

Post by arandandabout » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:44 am

Oh, apologies. I forgot to mention I am from Canada, which is exempt from having to prove English qualification.