ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI returning.. Existing Pan card valid?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

everfor

OCI returning.. Existing Pan card valid?

Post by everfor » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Before i got my OCI, i am a managing partner in my family business firm and now i am going back to india to take care it.

My question

1. When i have surrender my indian citizenship, automatically will it cancel my existing old PAN card? because pan card is linked everywhere.
After going there, do i need apply with new pan card with oci status?

2. I am having a saving accounts , FD's and including business account as managing partner.. Will banks knows i am not indian citizenship any more?

As you know, most indian people nature if i mentioned as OCI or foreigner to IT or banks guys, they will treat me as alien and their eyes will become red and greedy. And my one of friend has advise me, not to say about my OCI status to anybody in india, just carry on as normal indian citizenship fellow and pay the taxes as normal.

Kindly advise?

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: OCI returning.. Existing Pan card valid?

Post by gbhsmp » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:34 am

I too have posted similar question but haven't got an answer for a long time (probably dead)
This is an important query for people deciding to go back to India for a very long time.
Please everybody, help!!!

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: OCI returning.. Existing Pan card valid?

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:35 am

Hi

The procedure looks like you have to apply for new PAN card and in the application specify that you already have a PAN card and attach a photocopy of

1. existing PAN card
2. your OCI card
3. addr proof etc.,

and it seems that IT office gets back to us with a a new card exactly with the same PAN number as before except that this is recorded as OCI now.
I am not able to find the thread but once I find it I will post it here.