ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER1 additional extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kan.izh
Newly Registered

TIER1 additional extension

Post by kan.izh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi all,

My and my dependants 5 year mark is the January 2016, then my current extension ends. We will have only 28 days to apply for ILR, and if it fails for some reason, we will have no any other chance to settle in UK. As I know, the HMRC closes extensions in April 2015.

Does it make sense to apply for yet another 2 year extension before April so I will have more much time to apply for settlement?

If I have my visa extended now, will my dependands lose their current status or their visas still be valid till Jan 2016? Should my dependands apply for the same extension too at the same time or they could do it later, after April, if necessary?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: TIER1 additional extension

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:14 pm

If you have enough points then you can go another another extension, And your depends not required to extend along with you. But their existing visa was valid until it expires. So u can decide what to do now.

Regards,
Suresh

kan.izh
Newly Registered

Post by kan.izh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks for response, it is very useful and calms my nerves.

I just want to double check my understanding. So, the HMRC closes the extentions for main applicants only, and the dependands could extend their visas anytime after, as long as the main applicant has valid extention. Is it correct?

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:57 pm

kan.izh wrote:Thanks for response, it is very useful and calms my nerves.

I just want to double check my understanding. So, the HMRC closes the extentions for main applicants only, and the dependands could extend their visas anytime after, as long as the main applicant has valid extention. Is it correct?
Hello My friend

firstly, its not HMRC - closing the extensions and its UKVI.

Secondly, if you want to extend your visa for another extension you will have to apply before 6th April 2015 and your dependent will need to do so as well before that date as she or anyone cannot apply for extension afterwards.

Thirdly, it will cost another £3200 for extension, so why waste that money and instead spend it on some beautiful indian ocean holiday and just behave like a saint till 2016.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:06 am

Hey,
Plz don't misguide people here.extension closes only for the main applicants on April 5th 2015.dependents can still apply for ext after april ....plz read the guide

kan.izh
Newly Registered

Post by kan.izh » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:50 am

Hello montysingh,

Yes, UKVI indeed, my mistake, just yet another four letter abbrev on top of my head.
Of course it is a lot of money, but I think I will be relaxed more if I have two more years for ILR application rather than just yet another holiday.

Hello Go12,

I cannot find it in a guide. Could you kindly help me and give me a quote or a link please?

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:29 am

Hi,
Plz read the shared link by vinyl abt extensions for dependents
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 77497.html

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:29 am

Hi,
Plz read the shared link by vinny abt extensions for dependents

kan.izh
Newly Registered

Post by kan.izh » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Go12 wrote:Hi,
Plz read the shared link by vinyl abt extensions for dependents
Thank you very much!

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:20 pm

Go12 wrote:Hey,
Plz don't misguide people here.extension closes only for the main applicants on April 5th 2015. dependents can still apply for ext after april ....plz read the guide
Hello mate

i am not misguiding anyone and i think you mis-interpreted me or may be i mis-interpreted the OP's question. The PBS dependents are able to apply after 6th April 2015 but if the main dependent does not get another extension before 6th April 2015 and somehow fails to get ILR then their dependent will not be able to extend either. But obviously if the main applicant gets the extension now then their dependants can apply after 6th April 2015 as their dependents if they fail to get ILR.