ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of EU citizen moving to Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benfares

Spouse of EU citizen moving to Dublin

Post by benfares » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:44 pm

Good day, I hope you can help me to find more information related to my case.
I'm Moroccan married to a bitish wife currently living in Morocco . We will be moving to Dublin next week,

Here are some of my questions:
1.Do I have to go to GARDA first to notify I'd like to stay longer than 3 months and then go to INIS (Immigration)? or do I do all at the same time? What documentation should i bring to GARDA? I read it is a fee of 300 Euros to apply with GARDA but I also read if you are applying for EU Treaty Rights you are exempt of the payment, is it true? How GARDA knows I will apply for the EU Treaty rights?

2. do we have to attach evidence of relationship to the FORM EU1, our marriage certificate ....

3. I could no find information about the minimum amount of salary that my wife has to make in order to prove he is able to support me.

4.It is also confusing to read I can apply for the residency and meantime INIS will give me a provisional stamp, but I wonder if I'd be able to work while my residency is being process( I read it could take 6 months)

5. I read you can write a letter when you attach your passport to the Form EU1 in order to get it back faster than the usual time it takes(I read 1 month) but I wonder with that letter and explaining my husband needs the passport to board the ship, how fast he gets the passport back?

6. I can not understand how you get the utility bills on your name when you start renting a place. In the form EU1 in the case of renting, it's requested to attach the contract-letter signed by the owner and the utility bills on your name, but if we just move there and we are renting I do not understand how you get those bills on your name right away.

Thank you in advance for reading my post and hopefully you can share with me your experiences and/or information and tips.
Last edited by benfares on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeupsy

Re: Spouse of EU citizen moving to Dublin

Post by jeupsy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 am

First you need to figure out whether you have a wife or a husband :-) (just joking but first you say "married to a British wife"and then " minimum amount of salary that my husband has to make")

1. Not really necessary if you enter with a accompany EU citizen visa and are able to submit form EU1 a few weeks before the visa expiry date. The form is sent by post to INIS, application is not in person.

2. Yes proof of relationship, common residency, and that your EU spouse is working. There is a check-list with required documents at the end of the form.

3. There is no minimum amount. He just needs to be employed.

4. Yes you will be able to work with the temporary Stamp 4 they give while processing your application. However it will take 4 to 8 weeks for them to issue the temporary stamp after you apply.

5. I think you could get it in a week or 2. But I wouldn't do that unless absolutely necessary since it might slightly delay the processing.

6. When you subscribe for Internet or electricity service, they will straight away sent a letter to confirm your service. This should be sufficient.

benfares

Post by benfares » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:58 am

jeupsy wrote:First you need to figure out whether you have a wife or a husband :-) (just joking but first you say "married to a British wife"and then " minimum amount of salary that my husband has to make")

1. Not really necessary if you enter with a accompany EU citizen visa and are able to submit form EU1 a few weeks before the visa expiry date. The form is sent by post to INIS, application is not in person.

2. Yes proof of relationship, common residency, and that your EU spouse is working. There is a check-list with required documents at the end of the form.

3. There is no minimum amount. He just needs to be employed.

4. Yes you will be able to work with the temporary Stamp 4 they give while processing your application. However it will take 4 to 8 weeks for them to issue the temporary stamp after you apply.

5. I think you could get it in a week or 2. But I wouldn't do that unless absolutely necessary since it might
slightly delay the processing.

6. When you subscribe for Internet or electricity service, they will straight away sent a letter to confirm your service. This should be sufficient.

hello jeupsy

you answered all my questions thank you so much .

is it true that i have to pay a fee of €300 when i go to Garda National Immigration Bureau?

can you plz explain that to me ( The form is sent by post to INIS, application is not in person.)

thank you so much

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:18 pm

No worries, hope this helped!

The process is as follow:
1) Send the form EU1 and documents by post to INIS.
2) After a few weeks and if all the documents were included, they will send back your passports and a letter saying that you application is being reviewed and that you can get a temporary stamp 4 in the meantime.
3) At this stage you can go to the GNIB office with that letter, and they will issue you a GNIB card with Stamp 4 valid until the end of the 6 month period to process your application. This is free of charge.
4) Six month after they received your application, they will send you a final decision letter.
5) If you application was approved, you can go back to the GNIB office to get a GNIB card with Stamp 4EUFam, valid for 5 years. This is also free of charge.

The 300 euros fee is what people have to pay to get a GNIB card, but there is an exemption for spouses of Irish citizens and family members of EU citizens who can get it free of charge.

The only case when you might have to pay that fee is if your initial visa doesn't give you enough time to submit form EU1. Then you might be requested to register with the GNIB before the first step I mentioned above, and I am not sure they would wave the 300 euros fee.