ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rachel8059
Newly Registered

Getting married abroad

Post by rachel8059 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:13 am

Hello everyone,

I would like some advise about getting married abroad,
I'm a British citizen lives in UK but now its been about 2 months I came to Iran to visit my parents who are not very well.
I have met a Iranian guy back in May 2014 in Iran and we love each other and we would like to get marry.problem is he travels a lot because of his job and he is in Turkey now.my question is :
1) can I get marry to him at UK embassy in Turkey cause UK embassy in Iran remains close,
2) do we get marriage certificate?
3) after marriage can he apply for spouse visa from Turkey?
4) also as I'm not in UK at the moment and not working now and I don't know how fast I'm ganna get job when I go back to UK, how we will meet the financial requirement?!
5) another question is which way is better? to apply for fiance visa or get married in Turkey first and apply for spouse visa?!!

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

philemon_bodiba

Re: Getting married abroad

Post by philemon_bodiba » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:52 am

Your can't sponsor a spouse unless you have a job and pays at least £18600 per annum.
Pa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:06 am

If you're not employed you would need to have savings of £62,500 held in an accessible account for at least 6 months. If you marry outside of the UK and apply for a spouse visa you would only have to make one application. A fiance visa requires a further application for an extension - FLR(M) after the wedding and therefore two visa fees.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rachel8059
Newly Registered

Post by rachel8059 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Thanks for your replies,
what about if we make a joint account with holding £18600 for 6 months?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Not sufficient. Without income from employment you need a minimum of £62,500 in savings.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:56 pm

problem is he travels a lot because of his job and he is in Turkey now
If he is legally resident in Turkey, and not just visiting there, his visa application can be made in Turkey.
John

rachel8059
Newly Registered

Post by rachel8059 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Thank you all