ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by imi99999 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:27 am

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &aw=&ad=28
above link calculates my 28 days qualification period from
26th Mar 2015
that is 26th Feb 2015

Please check link below to check your qualification date for Set lr
please confirm if correct or guide me if that is wrong

johnwoodens
Newly Registered

Post by johnwoodens » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:50 am

Great77 wrote:
johnwoodens wrote:Dear All

I have a question regarding my application date.

My current visa is valid until 28 August. However I will fill the 10 year period on 23 September.

So my visa expires around 27 days (if I am not wrong!) before I am eligible to apply for ILR. My friend has told me that there is a 28 days rule, but I am not sure about this.

Can you please advise if I am eligible to apply for ILR or should I seek a way to fill this gap by applying to another visa first? Also If I am eligible, when should I post my application to be in time?

Many Thanks.
Hi John,

Be advised that you can apply 28 days before you complete your 10 years. As you have declared that your visa expired 28th of August and your 10 years will complete in 23rd September, that make it 26 days. So you can apply. Supposed you have a pending application or appeal, that is when you have to wait to complete 10 years to avoid complication. But in your case it is simply straight forward.

Dear Great 77, imraniqbal2010 and Dec17

Thank you for your comments and advices. I am just a bit confused since imraniqbal2010 has said that I can apply 28 days in advance of the 10 year to be completed, but I still need to have a valid visa to cover that period, however Great77 and Dec17 are saying that I can apply with my application as it.

The issue is that extending my visa is not easy and technically, as my current visa expires 26 days before completing the 10 years, I will be an overstayer here in UK. If anyone has experience of this, it is much appreciated. Thank you.

Achilles.ali
Pakistan

Post by Achilles.ali » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello Every one

I have a question for a friend, when he came to uk in his early days he had some issues with his bank and mobile phone service providers, this was in 2004 and he changed few address since then,in 2008 his bank and some other compnies contacted his and he was in better position by then so he paid them whatever he owed them,in this mean while he never checked his credit history he neverv received a ccj court notice, now before making his ilr application, he checked his credit history there was no ccj on his file, and he actually have a very good credit history, he did his crb checked everything is clean there aswell, for a safe side he checked his file on trust online, that keeps record for ccjs and etc, everything is clean there.does it mean he is clean and he should not be worried about anything

Kind Regards

Ali

Great77

Post by Great77 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:16 pm

johnwoodens wrote:
Great77 wrote:

My current visa is valid until 28 August. However I will fill the 10 year period on 23 September.

So my visa expires around 27 days (if I am not wrong!) before I am eligible to apply for ILR. My friend has told me that there is a 28 days rule, but I am not sure about this.

Can you please advise if I am eligible to apply for ILR or should I seek a way to fill this gap by applying to another visa first? Also If I am eligible, when should I post my application to be in time?

Many Thanks.
Hi John,

Be advised that you can apply 28 days before you complete your 10 years. As you have declared that your visa expired 28th of August and your 10 years will complete in 23rd September, that make it 26 days. So you can apply. Supposed you have a pending application or appeal, that is when you have to wait to complete 10 years to avoid complication. But in your case it is simply straight forward.

Dear Great 77, imraniqbal2010 and Dec17

Thank you for your comments and advices. I am just a bit confused since imraniqbal2010 has said that I can apply 28 days in advance of the 10 year to be completed, but I still need to have a valid visa to cover that period, however Great77 and Dec17 are saying that I can apply with my application as it.

The issue is that extending my visa is not easy and technically, as my current visa expires 26 days before completing the 10 years, I will be an overstayer here in UK. If anyone has experience of this, it is much appreciated. Thank you.
Hi John,

Make sure you apply before your visa expires, do that a day before 28th August which is 27th. To avoid invalidity, Make sure you fill the form correctly and also use bank draft for payment and correct photo. With this you are sure you have applied and your stay continue to be legal. You have not overstayed at any time before your visa expired. Your stay is extended by virtue of 3c. Please google and understand about 3c on home office website or check this link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4.0EXT.pdf
Great

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:28 pm

[quote="Achilles.ali"]Hello Every one

I have a question for a friend, when he came to uk in his early days he had some issues with his bank and mobile phone service providers, this was in 2004 and he changed few address since then,in 2008 his bank and some other compnies contacted his and he was in better position by then so he paid them whatever he owed them,in this mean while he never checked his credit history he neverv received a ccj court notice, now before making his ilr application, he checked his credit history there was no ccj on his file, and he actually have a very good credit history, he did his crb checked everything is clean there aswell, for a safe side he checked his file on trust online, that keeps record for ccjs and etc, everything is clean there.does it mean he is clean and he should not be worried about anything

Kind Regards

Ali[/quote

Simple he doesn't need to worry at all I know many with these issues who got Ilr so chill ....its only criminal convictions which matter

2015App
Newly Registered

Post by 2015App » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:31 pm

hi maddysheffield,

Thanks you are still around.

This forum is gone quite since you guys got your ILR.

What do you think when Dec and Jan application start to receive their freedom.

Thanks
Last edited by 2015App on Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:34 pm

titan1986 wrote:I must say... this is a dehumanizing experience. I don't think I might ever totally forgive UKBA for what they are putting us through. 6 months without a passport and in my case, I cannot work or travel until they make a decision. Worst part is that no one is speaking up for us and the terrible experience they are putting us through. We are as voiceless as the jews in Nazi Germany...

Anyway, life goes on...

By rule they should inform you If they can't process ur app in 6 month's did they send letter to you? If not you can call and complain about this and also speak with locan Mp they will request info from home office ...good luck

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:36 pm

2015App wrote:hi maddysheffield,

Thanks you are still around.

This forum is gone quite since you guys got your ILR.

Thanks
We all went through the same for 15 weeks ...now we feel free so it' gets worse then it gets better

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Hi,

I have downloaded the SAR form but can't find the option to Tick "All Data Held By UKBA"

Not to sure if it is the right application form.

Please advise.

Thanks
shahfurqan wrote:Hi All Forum Member,

Any one who intend to apply for set lr in near future must make sure to request your Subject Access Request which takes between maximum 40 to 50 days by clicking the option "All data held by UKBA" Particularly those fellows who really think they had few troubles in their past ten years in their extensions.Once you receive your SAR,you will be able to fight back and especially you will prepare your application more efficiently and you would know that you really need to apply some solicitor if the SAR shows some complexity but for the straight forward cases,never go for solicitors.
mate seems to be they have updated or changed the form as the form used to be was clear with option but its not an issue on the new form you could fill form and where it says describe the date you need so you could put All data held by ukba or visas and immigration or you could still find the old form as this request is acceptable in any form.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Many Thanks.
mate you could apply 28 days before qualifying your 10 years so i strongly believe you will fine and you could apply the day your visa expires or even a day before.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:50 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
titan1986 wrote:I must say... this is a dehumanizing experience. I don't think I might ever totally forgive UKBA for what they are putting us through. 6 months without a passport and in my case, I cannot work or travel until they make a decision. Worst part is that no one is speaking up for us and the terrible experience they are putting us through. We are as voiceless as the jews in Nazi Germany...

Anyway, life goes on...

By rule they should inform you If they can't process ur app in 6 month's did they send letter to you? If not you can call and complain about this and also speak with locan Mp they will request info from home office ...good luck
@2015,fully understand your frustration,have you gone crossed your 6 months?

ali45

Post by ali45 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:08 pm

my friend relative got visa as he said that he applied in September but due to payment problem the app came back to him and then he apply again on 20 OCT and now got his visa today..

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:15 pm

Achilles.ali wrote:Hello Every one

Kind Regards

Ali
It has got nothing to do with ilr application,feel free to apply

titan1986
Newly Registered

Post by titan1986 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:18 pm

Thanks @maddysheffield and @shahfurqan

I applied 10 October so I am solidly within the 6 month time-frame. I applaud your patience because it is not an easy wait but thanks for understanding.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:48 pm

On spread sheet it shows 4 october applicants got their approval while only one has confirmed in the forum. Any confirmation?

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:22 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:On spread sheet it shows 4 october applicants got their approval while only one has confirmed in the forum. Any confirmation?
Hi mate,I don't understand why these people don't want to come and confirm here ,I only trust who ever confirm here .

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:25 pm

ali45 wrote:my friend relative got visa as he said that he applied in September but due to payment problem the app came back to him and then he apply again on 20 OCT and now got his visa today..
Congrats to him , see home office aprove reject cases as well , thanks a lot for let us know.

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:39 pm

Many Thanks.
Jhon, as far as I know you need a valid visa until your application is posted. Regarding the 28 days, it used to be the case in the past (a year ago or so) but I have seen it nowhere around in the last forms. I would say to consult home office itself rather than speculating and wasting your money. Just ring them and see what they say. Good luck!

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:11 am

Hi everyone .

Just a note that this forum will reach 1000 pages soon and also 5 years milestone ..This forum helped so many people get advice .....so many happy approvals and sad rejections too ...No matter if it was approval or rejection people were happy with the friendly advice ...The great thing is that it was not done by the one created it or maintained it but credit goes to everyone ..

Now I would thank boobin who had an idea to create this thread in Feb 2010 ...and then everyone who helped each other .

Guys please maintain the same dignity and respect to all humans irrespective of religion .sex.colour and feed atleast one homeless guy for a day when you get approval ...

UK WE ALL ARE TRYING TO LIVE IN RESPECT THE COUNTRY WHICH GIVES U BREAD AND BUTTER AND PLACE TO LIVE BETTER THEN WHERE YOU COME FROM.

BE HAPPY AND MAKE OTHER HAPPY TOO
good luck everyone

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:41 am

Hi Guys, just wanted to inform you that my wife's FLR(M) application has been approved yesterday and we received the documents today, Alhamdulillah. Biometric card will be delivered on Monday. I received my ILR on 21st January so they did a good job to process her application quickly after that. @bharatsharma hopefully your mrs will get her approval soon as well:) Someone recently asked if B1 english test would be OK for FLR(M). My wife applied with B1 from Trinity and she just received her approval so I believe it is acceptable by HO.

Btw some relevant info if it helps anyone, we had to meet income threshold of 18,600 and she has been given 30 months visa as expected which we will have to extend for another 30 months once current leave runs out and then ILR unless rules change in the mean time. She was my Tier 4 PBS dependant for about 3 years previously since she has been in UK! Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their decisions on ILR and FLR(M) and congratulations to those who have been successful. My commiseration to those brothers and sisters who have unfortunately been refused, I hope you win your appeal or reconsideration. Thanks to everyone in the forum for selfless help and time, this journey would have been unimaginably more painful without your support. Keep up the good work people:)

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:19 pm

Honorable members of forum
I applied for ilr on basis of 10 years in November 2014 and my wife applied on FLR(M) in Jan 2015 and we send covering letter with her application to hold her application until mine decided. she got acknowledgement letter as normal. today we got biometric enrollment invitation letter from home office. FIRST letter is on her name and our home address. second letter and third with bar code are starting with my name and our address. after case reference it says regarding applicant which is my wife name and date of birth, nationality etc. biometric letters stating my name not with my wife`s, is that normal or should i call home office and ask them if its wrong. please reply if you know thanks in advance

penzee
Newly Registered

Post by penzee » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:47 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
penzee wrote:Hi

I have applied for ILR on 1st Sep 2014and I still have not received my response yet?

Does anyone has the contact number or email address i should use for contacting them?

Many thanks
Penzee

@Panzee did u call HO what info did they provide you with ?

No offence but This forum is not just to ask questions ...its about sharing info too ;-)
Hi
Maddysheffield
I called homeoffice and they told me that your application is under process but very next day I received my BRP card and 2nd day documents and approval too
Thanks

hashermaqbool
Newly Registered

Post by hashermaqbool » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:23 pm

Hello

I will be applying for my FLR(M) visa soon as I will be receiving my ILR status soon. I want to confirm one thing.

My wife applied for the Tier 2 dependent about four (4) years ago during that application she has taken her IELTS (General) examination. As IELTS are only valid for two years, will that be acceptable for English requirement for FLR (M). Or she need to sit for the exam again?

I will really appreciate if some one can shadow their expertise on this matter, as matter of urgency. Please can you also provide any reference.

Thanks
Hasher

Sent 06/10/2014
Received 07/10/2014
Payment 09/10/2014
E-mail received 22/10/2014
Biometrics done 03/11/2014

BintKK
Newly Registered

Post by BintKK » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi everyone, I have been a silent reader of this forum and it's been very helpful. Applied for ILR on 15 October and got my approval letter today (dated 30th January, 2015). I posted my history before on the link below in case it helps anyone, it is far from straight forward. Good luck to all those still waiting for their ILR.

Applied: 15 October 2014
Payment taken: 17 October 2014
Biometric invite done: 01 November 2014
ILR approval: 30 January 2015
Can someone please upload my details to the Google doc.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1070328

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:17 pm

CHUDHARY wrote:Honorable members of forum
I applied for ilr on basis of 10 years in November 2014 and my wife applied on FLR(M) in Jan 2015 and we send covering letter with her application to hold her application until mine decided. she got acknowledgement letter as normal. today we got biometric enrollment invitation letter from home office. FIRST letter is on her name and our home address. second letter and third with bar code are starting with my name and our address. after case reference it says regarding applicant which is my wife name and date of birth, nationality etc. biometric letters stating my name not with my wife`s, is that normal or should i call home office and ask them if its wrong. please reply if you know thanks in advance
Hi CHUDHARY

you should contact HO cuz it's a mistake on their end do not enroll until you receive another letter they always say on the letter if the details are incorrect contact us so my opinion is call them on monday