ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Business and Personal Bank Statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kirank46
Newly Registered

Regarding Business and Personal Bank Statements

Post by kirank46 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:50 pm

Hello,

I am a contractor with my own registered company. I will be applying for ILR in March.

I want to show both mine and my wife's salary for ILR.

However most of my salary is in the Business account and my wife's salary comes to the personal account.

In this case should we show both the bank statements to the embassy to prove that we earn/have sufficient funds?

Please advice/help.

Regards,

eskay_s

Re: Regarding Business and Personal Bank Statements

Post by eskay_s » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello,

I never heard about showing both (main + dependent) combined earnings as a earnings proof for ILR application till now.

We should show the earnings of only main applicant but not including dependents ,but sorry i may be wrong.

Better to go through immigration rules again again.

Experts may give you better advise on this .

All the best.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:49 am

Are you both share holders of LTD?? or do you just run payroll for your wife every month??

madnan24

Post by madnan24 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:00 am

Hello KiranK46,

Could you please clarify your question?

First, You cant show both ( You and your wife income). If you are main applicant so you need to show your income/dividend voucher/Salary from your company.

2 - If you are running your company and taking Salary from your company, Also giving salary to your wife, So you need to show your salary and need to show your current account bank statement. Also you need to show payslips as well. It does not matter that you are paying salary to your wife. If you are main applicant so everything should show from Main applicant.

I hope it helps.

kirank46
Newly Registered

Post by kirank46 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 am

Hello all sorry for the delay

@eskay_s: Thank you for the reply. I will take your advice.

@canon123: I am the only share holder and my my wife is not associated with the LTD company.

@madan24: As mentioned my wife is not associated with the company and as per your suggestion I will produce the following:
1. Income (Remittance advice from the agency)
2. Business account statements.
3. VAT returns Receipts.
4. Tax returns certificate.

Are these adequate?
please advice if I need to produce 'financial statements' from accountant or 'remittance advice' from the agency whom I work for?

Bhaskarnu

Post by Bhaskarnu » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi Kiran,

Sorry to say, but you are completely wrong, If I understood your scenario.

Producing Remittances, Business Bank Statement, VAT and Tax returns doesnt mean that you are earning as individual. All these documents refer to your company.

ILR requirement has a section for your earnings. Remittances are the earnings of your company and not by you. Your earning proofs are your SALARY and DIVIDENDS documents. Unless you show SALARY and DIVIDENDS, your earnings are considered as £0.00.

In addition to your earnings documents, As you are self employeed, you need to provide proofs all 4 above documents ( you mentioned) + Accountant Letter + Remittance Documents.

I read in this forum, some one submitted Business Bank statement, No salary and Dividend Vouchers and the visa has been refused as their Business earnings are not considered as personal earnings.

Regards,
Bhaskar