ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Planing to do another masters & Tier 4 visa is expiring soon

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashim1987
Newly Registered

Planing to do another masters & Tier 4 visa is expiring soon

Post by ashim1987 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:14 pm

Good evening everybody!

My immigration history and status in UK:
1) In 2010 came to UK to do my BA (hons) Management - one year top-up.
2) In 2011 got 2 years PSW visa.
3) In 2013 became student again and joined MSc Management in same university.
4) My Tier 4 student visa expires on 2nd Feb 2015

Recently I have have applied in various universities for another MBA/MSc programmes for Jan/Feb/Mar intake, but unfortunately most of the university told me that they are full. I am still waiting for answer from some universities, but the problem is I do not have much time left. I need your advice what can I do at this point?

There is also my graduation ceremony in a week. Yes after my visa expires. I do not want to go back and apply. But I want to do another masters (with work placement).
Some people suggested me to apply for FLR(O) for the time being and wait for the unconditional offer letter from university and as soon as I get offer, I can pay the fees to get CAS and make new application for Tier 4 Student. My graduation ceremony in a week.

So my question is, Can I apply FLR(O) and become student without being overstayer?? If not what are my options right now???

I would really appreciate your opinions, knowledge, thoughts and experience. Thank you.

kingin2015

Re: Planing to do another masters & Tier 4 visa is expiring

Post by kingin2015 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:08 pm

the best is to extend as a tier 4 as you still have few years left until 5 years limit applies. You can apply FLR o but grant is very unlikely. And even if you go for flr o, i don't think any Uni will take you as you will have no valid leave nor passport. And i dont think home office notification letter is sufficient enough to issue CAS for you.

ashim1987
Newly Registered

Post by ashim1987 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:44 pm

kingin2015 wrote:the best is to extend as a tier 4 as you still have few years left until 5 years limit applies. You can apply FLR o but grant is very unlikely. And even if you go for flr o, i don't think any Uni will take you as you will have no valid leave nor passport. And i dont think home office notification letter is sufficient enough to issue CAS for you.
I also would like to extend as tier 4 but I do not have CAS from any university to do so. I am still waiting for replies from universities I applied.

So I don't have much time and I don't want to re-entry clearance. Is there any way?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:00 am

my friend your visa expires on Monday and the best thing for you would be to leave because there is a very very slim chance that you will get an offer and a cas on the same day.

first of all, why do you want to do another masters or msc? and why did your existing university did not offer you a place at their institution?

even though the universities have places, they are trying to avoid people who want to stay on the same level. staying on the same level of education must have very compassionate grounds or you must tell them why staying on the same course will be beneficial for you. its a task which is close to impossible.

coming to the FLR. my friend if you apply for FLR trust me you will be stuck in between plus you will also damage your immigration history and credibility. you must have very very very strong grounds to apply for a FLR and succeed in the application.

if you want to continue your residence I would advise you to apply from your home country within the 6 months period which will not break you long residency and the chances of getting the admission from back home are much higher.

if your graduation is in a week, then get in touch with the home office and ask them for permission for a week saying that you need to attend your graduation ceremony. also this 1 week will give you time to see if you can get any positive replies from universities. if you get then consider yourself lucky and apply for a visa to stay.

hope it all turns out to be good for you. :)

ashim1987
Newly Registered

Post by ashim1987 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 am

aaliya1986 wrote: if your graduation is in a week, then get in touch with the home office and ask them for permission for a week saying that you need to attend your graduation ceremony. also this 1 week will give you time to see if you can get any positive replies from universities. if you get then consider yourself lucky and apply for a visa to stay.

hope it all turns out to be good for you. :)
First of all thank you for taking time and suggesting me on this matter. The thing is, if I contact home office I am worried that they will ask me to leave the country immediately resulting me not being able to attend my graduation ceremony. Isn't there a possibility of home office deporting me instead? And also you said that if luckily in a week I get CAS from university I might be able to stay but wouldn't my visa be refused by the home office on a basis that I am an overstayer?

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:16 am

the home office may and may not say this to you. reason being that home office themselves have given the 28 days grace period, if in that 28 days period you re-apply or leave the country you do not become an over-stayer however you must keep this in mind that,

if you use the grace period of 28 days you will have to produce full maintenance bank statement when you apply for the visa.

provided you missing the graduation ceremony if you have to leave before your visa expires and the fact that you will not have enough time to re-apply and get the visa i am sure the home office will be understanding in this situation. moreover they are very helpful when you call them and talk to them. and your situation is very understandable therefore i do not see any problems in you staying and attending your graduation ceremony.

and again if you get admission in that period than you will be lucky. one advise would be not to get admission in a college out of desperation, as you will suffer later on