ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: called for an interview for EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cobra123

URGENT: called for an interview for EC

Post by cobra123 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:33 am

I have applied for EC on 3rd of september and today when i checked by status of application i got to know that i am required to be present for a personal interview at high commission .
I have applied at VFS delhi center.
DOES ANYONE HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW WHILE APPLYING FOR EC.
AND WHAT WILL THEY BE ASKING IN THE INTERVIEW .
PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:25 am

Can you share details of your case(the docs you submitted, was there any unique thing in your application;were you rejected visa earlier etc).
Then probably we can think possible reason of being called for interview.

Regarding prep-Please call up VFS and ask them for details-Now that you have already submitted all docs, do they require any additional docs etc.

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:32 am

I have submitted -
3 years of ITR return .
Last 6 month of bank statement ..
Last 6 months of pay slips .
Letter from my brother in uk to accommodate and support me financially in need untill i find my own .( his docs -p60 form , bank statement ,his payslips, letter from employer )
Letter from my father stating his assets ( valuation Letter from CA, his bank statement for last six month, share funds etc ) and support me financially in case of need.
Letter from my employer stating my salary per annum.
Letter of my salary hike/increment
Emails of job consultant who showed interest in my CV and job adverts related to my profile.
All hsmp docs and hsmp approval letter .

I haven't been applied for any UK visa before .
I have called VFS people also but they dont know much except that ... i have an interview placed.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:37 am

Document list looks perfect. What is your field of work? If VFS doesnt know much , please call up BHC Delhi helpline number. They should be able to tell you atleast if you are required to bring in anything else apart from being physically present there.

all the best.

nikunj_dal

Post by nikunj_dal » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:40 am

Hi, there is no mention of the Integra documents in your list.
Did you provided the same?

Best.

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:04 pm

I work as SAP basis consultant ( IT ) .
Yes i have provided integra documents also . i have filled up the integra form at vfs centre and provided photocopies of my degree and payslips and needed documents.
i dont know why they have called me up for an interview. Or are they started to going to call hsmp EC applicants for an interview also .
Also integra check was done at my employer on 5th sept.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:41 pm

entire EC process is bit secretive as to how BHC handles it;If interview were common we should have got lot of response at this forum.
even my application is pending(I reapplied) and its showing same status since 22nd Aug that application forwarded to BHC-No change in status.

VFS people also didnt had any more update;asked me to wait for couple of days more.

Did you called BHC;when are you supposed to go for interview.

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:00 pm

As we can check the status of the application by sending the sms " VISA UK Passport no." at 573333 .
I checked today morning and got the sms that " the applicant is required to be present for a personal interview at BHC. Please visit the UK visa application centre where the application was submitted to schedule a appointment"
I called up VFS and they told me that i have to come personally at there office and collect the interview letter and the scheduled date which is available.
i will visit them tomorrow morning .
Ya u r right its not common thing but my application is processed a bit fast and my all sources are genuine. lets see what happens next.

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:16 pm

hi today i visited vfs centre and they have scheduled the interview on 19th at BHC.
i am wondering what the ECO can ask me ?
How much chances are there getting EC after an interview , i have heard there r not much :(

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:58 pm

Hi cobra ,

Dont worry dude , one of my friend was also called for interview and got visa.The questions asked are..

What category of visa have you applied for --- HSMP
- On what basis have you claimed your points ---- AGE, INCOME and QUALIFICATIONS
- How many points for age? how many for income and how many for qualifications------- (told them accordingly)
- What are you working as right now---- system engineer
- What were you doing before working for this company
- Why did you leave your last employer
- Do you know anybody in UK
- How did you get the Job in UK
- Will they provide you accommodation
- Will you be taking your wife along

HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU

CHEERS

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:56 pm

thankx gmhsmp ur post is a heavy relief for me , can u tell me onething ...its been how long ur friend got interviewed at BHC .

vc

Post by vc » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:09 am

Probably your first application for Uk visa, thats why the interview. Your documents are fine so there shouldnt be any problem!

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:11 pm

Yeh i interview is not really a bad thing so you should be ok
Magsi

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:34 am

Hi cobra ..

The interview is the matter of only 10 mins.

Cool buddy , everything will be fine.

HOPE SOON I WILL HEAR A SWEET NEWS FROM YOU.

GM

sparo
Newly Registered

Post by sparo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:23 am

hi cobra,
i think u have provided them with eneogh docs to prove that u r a potential aspirant for hsmp. now all that u need to be prepared for is to substantiate,during the interview,all the info that u have so far provided.
i think interview for first timers is not uncommon and i see a good chance of u clearing it.
goodluck
sparo.

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:57 pm

thankx for your positive reply .. i hope the ECO also gives me a positive reply

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:19 am

hey how was your interview. Do we have a result now?

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:46 am

cobra123 wrote:hi today i visited vfs centre and they have scheduled the interview on 19th at BHC.
i am wondering what the ECO can ask me ?
How much chances are there getting EC after an interview , i have heard there r not much :(
how did your interview go?

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:28 am

Hi cobra ..

How was interview ? Any updates for us.

We are eagar to hear a good news .

GM

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:50 am

The interview was simple one and he just asked me about my job profile and about how will i support myself in UK .My EC was refused by the ECO after the interview :(
In the letter he mentioned that i do not have enough funds to support myself in UK and also the financial support documents which were provided my me was not found to be genuine. I am sure that my bank statement was genuine and they have not approached the bank for the verification of my documents .
I do not know what to do next as my hsmp approval letter was not returned to me. :(

aj_sp_007
Member of Standing

Post by aj_sp_007 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:53 am

hi cobra,

Very sorry to hear about the decision. The only thing you can do is to re-apply for the EC with the photocopy of the approval letter.I would suggest not to go for appeal as it will take lot of time 6-8 months.

Secondly, from your post the only thing i can make out is EC officer was not convinced with your documentation, for your Job and Funds.

As you must have heard of Integrscreen, who do background checks must have submitted a report in which they were not satisfied with the check result.This report has affected your decision in a big big way.
Because of this report EC officers became more skeptic about your case,
and found out few more reasons to stop you for example: FUNDS.

I would suggest, apply for EC again. There is a option, you can always challenge integrascreen and again they will do the verification for free.
Straight away show them the amount you have in your bank.Get the statement stamped from the bank.

All the best.

aj_Sp_007
________
Fix ps3
Last edited by aj_sp_007 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:57 am

also if you can share the listing of funds you showed and relavant documents as proof. Then probably we can collectively see what might be missing.

Dont worry;Mine was also rejected once.One of the reason was fund.I applied for myself and dependents.Next time I applied only for self, plus extra details abt fund.This time I got Visa.

sparo
Newly Registered

Post by sparo » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:40 pm

hey cobra,
this is bad news man... im so sorry!

how much amount did u show them as available funds and which bank is this that gives an invalid statement to its customers.

btw did u ask the ECO if the problem is with the format in which u have shown the details or is it with the communication gap @bank.

did u try to tell the ECO that your docs are genuine and that u can prove it, if given a chance.

too many questions? im sorry again ... i know how disappointing it must be for u but a little thinking on what went wrong might help you and the prospective aspirants as well.

sparo

cobra123

Post by cobra123 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:27 pm

I am thinking of applying again but i dont have my approval letter with me as the ECO kept with him .
how to get that back ?
Also by approval letter has been expired on 19th of this month i was not able to apply before as i have opted for re-issue of my passport as it was going to expire in end of this year and the damn passport people killed a long time to issue a new one.
Can i apply for fresh application if my approval letter is not valid ?
There were around 4.5 lakhs in my bank account at the time of my application .
How can i approach ECO and convince him that my documents r genuine while he has rejected the EC visa ? i mean decision has been made
I have given a lot of time for my application during this time .
and wanna know ..will this decision affect any future application from me ?

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:45 am

Hi cobra ..

Sorry to hear refusal news but dont worry dude u can reapply for EC with the photocopy of approval letter.