ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2, please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minhr

EEA2, please help

Post by Minhr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Hi everyone,

Now leaving in UK with my wife - EU citizen. I have EEA permit and going to apply for EEA2. At present moment I'm employed and my wife is looking for a job. She had temporary position and is looking for permanent, as it is necessary to apply for EEA2.
Soon there will be 3 month as we are here. As I know, 3 month is the time after which my wife should start exercising her treaty rights. Will job seeking be considered as exercising treaty rights? I know it should but it is such not very obvious condition.
1. Can my wife still look for a job for e.g. for a month or her job seeking status is not ok in our situation?
2. Can she find temporary job (e.g. with 6 month or 1 year contract) so I can apply for EEA2 or she should find permanent?
3. When I receive EEA2, what is max. time my wife can be unemployed? 1 month?

Thanks in advance.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA2, please help

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Better to wait until your EU national partner finds a job otherwise your EU national partner can become self sufficient on the basis of your funds/income. For this purpose you have to show that EU partner has access to those funds as well as have to buy CSI policy. After initial 3 months, In order to secure PR in future the exercise of treaty rights should be continuous for 5 years.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Minhr

Post by Minhr » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:22 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Better to wait until your EU national partner finds a job otherwise your EU national partner can become self sufficient on the basis of your funds/income. For this purpose you have to show that EU partner has access to those funds as well as have to buy CSI policy. After initial 3 months, In order to secure PR in future the exercise of treaty rights should be continuous for 5 years.
Thank you for the reply! But after 3 month if my wife is looking for a job (she has emails sent and received to prove it) will it be considered as exercising treaty rights? Or because she doesn't work it can be problem for me?

Marie-Line
Newly Registered

Post by Marie-Line » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:30 pm

I also want to ask about the 3 months, so should we wait to apply for EEA2 till we were here for 3 months?
thanks!