ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

v.k.
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by v.k. » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:52 pm

Rahel1984 wrote:
v.k. wrote:
v.k. wrote:Here are the details for my family application (myself+wife+daughter born in the UK prior to us receiving ILR)

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs+1yr ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK & B1 test
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Bromley
Date of application: 26/06/2014
Payment method CC/DC: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/07/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 03/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 03/07/2014
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

Cheers,
VK
This is a joke, my daughter and I have been just sent the following "letter" after I wrote a lengthy email last December and after writing to my local MP:

"I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship.

We aim to process all application within 6 months from the date submitted.
However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely."

I believe the HO is sending template letters to all long outstanding applications, and I do believe our application has not been dealt with because the "guidelines" for greater scrutiny were published in December, well 6 months after applying, and I fail to understand how it can apply to my daughter when she was born, raised an educated in this country....

I still have to wait from my MP, but in the mean time I have sent a complaint email to HO.

Good luck to the rest of you.
I applied two weeks after urs. I dnt understand why is my application is so hard to decide when i dnt hve any criminal conviction or penalty. Basically complete clean sheet but still taking million years. Im on my 7 months now
Well guess what, I even sent a clean Basic Disclosure (aka CRB) to HO in December.

melafafon
Newly Registered

Post by melafafon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:09 am

Our EXPRESS timeline:

Eligibility criteria: 3 years as spouse of UK citizen *
(UK citizen naturalised in 2010, previously EEA citizen, so using Permanent Residence instead of ILR)
Language criteria met: Cambridge PET
Current nationality: Georgian
Council name if NCS used: Islington
Date of application: 09/01/2015
Payment method: Credti Card
Date of acknowledgment: 16/01/2015
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/01/2015
Date approval issued: 24/01/2015
Date approval received: 30/01/2015
Date of ceremony: awaiting

Is this the fastest naturalisation application approval ever? We are so pleased!

PAK321

Post by PAK321 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:15 am

pinky72 wrote:
tsilr wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 Years + 2 Years ILR( 2 applications, Me and My Wife)
Method of application: Solicitors
Date of application: 28th November 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 9th December 2014
Date of debit of fees: 9th December 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18th December 2014
Date of receipt of approval: 23rd January 2015
Date of Ceremony: Waiting
Hi - just a quick question which you're obviously free to not tell me - but did you find that using solicitors was worth it? And would you consider providing their details?

Many thanks. :-)
Be careful pinky, could be the nice trick to getting clients, you never know

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:35 am

Hi all.i got my brown letter today ..am so excited ..but i thank God for strengthening me for the past 7 and a half months...my approval was granted on 24 jan..So guyz dont lose hope at all it will come..Cheers and stay Blessed..you are all wonderful people.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:50 am

nkim2222 wrote:Hi all.i got my brown letter today ..am so excited ..but i thank God for strengthening me for the past 7 and a half months...my approval was granted on 24 jan..So guyz dont lose hope at all it will come..Cheers and stay Blessed..you are all wonderful people.
Congratulations, very nice to hear that. I have been waiting for 7 months. Looks like HO started to pick some applications from the bottom of the pile.

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:20 pm

Method of Application: NCS
Date of Application: 21-01-2015
Eligibility Criteria : Spouse (3 years)
Application Received Date: 22-01-2015
Payment Method and Clearance: CC cleared on 29-01-2015
Date Of Acknowledgment: Waiting
Approval: Waiting
Date Of Ceremony: Waiting

Kk1
Newly Registered

Post by Kk1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 pm

My timeline:
Eligibility criteria: spouse of British citizen
Language criteria met: NARIC+Life in UK test
Current nationality: Nigerian
Council name if NCS used: Southwark
Date of application: 08/01/2015
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of acknowledgment: 16/01/2015(emai)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/01/2015
Date approval received: 31/01/2015(dated 24/01/2015) :D
Date of ceremony: awaiting :D
Good luck to everyone still waiting

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:01 am

Not sure if member getting approval within a month, average time is 90 days I guess

kadd
Newly Registered

Post by kadd » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:07 am

v.k. wrote:
v.k. wrote:Here are the details for my family application (myself+wife+daughter born in the UK prior to us receiving ILR)

Eligibility criteria: 5yrs+1yr ILR
Language criteria met: Life in the UK & B1 test
Council name if NCS used: Bromley
Date of application: 26/06/2014
Payment method CC/DC: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02/07/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 03/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 03/07/2014
Date approval received: waiting
Date of ceremony: waiting

Cheers,
VK
This is a joke, my daughter and I have been just sent the following "letter" after I wrote a lengthy email last December and after writing to my local MP:

"I am writing in regard to your outstanding application for British Citizenship.

We aim to process all application within 6 months from the date submitted.
However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target.

Following recent clarification of the Nationality rules greater levels of scrutiny will be applied to certain applications. This will be dependent on certain indicators within their immigration history that pre-date the application for British Citizenship.

We expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 months, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. Please note we will contact you with further updates and can advise you do not need to contact us again unless your circumstances change significantly.

This also applies to any family members whose applications for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

Yours sincerely."

I believe the HO is sending template letters to all long outstanding applications, and I do believe our application has not been dealt with because the "guidelines" for greater scrutiny were published in December, well 6 months after applying, and I fail to understand how it can apply to my daughter when she was born, raised an educated in this country....

I still have to wait from my MP, but in the mean time I have sent a complaint email to HO.

Good luck to the rest of you.

I got exactly the same e-mail as posted above from the Home Office--after I inquired about the progress of my application now pending for 3.5 months.
How can it be fair,when some colleagues,have their applications sorted out in weeks and we have to wait for months.
How can it be fair,when our immigration history shows,not even a peck, of a criminal conviction--I must also say,that am not about, to be charged in a court of law,of anything that I know of.
How can it be fair,to wait so long, and for months--when our applications are straight forward--personally, I have been outside the UK, for only 33 days-- out of the 90 required, in the last 3 years before an application,is made.
Is the Home office weary, of my last two tours, around the world,---If so,I will say,I visited only,and only, my relatives in Uganda.---I was not involved, in any training,that could be construed,as a danger to the Public.
Or ,is it that I was ''economical with the truth'',whilst making my application--I have learnt over the past,to only give out the exact information asked--and nothing more,otherwise you could be quote,out of context--
Or seen to be irrelevant,if not annoying.

I believe this e-mail,was sent,not to me,but someone else---I have since, deleted it, from my inbox---Thank you

aumar

Post by aumar » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi guys, I applied for naturalisation in the first week of Sep 2014 ( That's after exactly one year of obtaining ILR) I received acknowledgment after couple of weeks and haven't heard from them since. It will be 5 months next week. I understand it is 6 months time but people have been waiting longer than that on this forum. Does anyone know what %age of September applications are still undecided - just a ball park range? I have seen few posts showing numbers but couldnt figure out the exact no of applications or % decided so far. I feel I am one of those unluckiest in for a long wait. It will help me to remain positive because i am becoming more and more pessimist by each passing week. Is it normal or I am right to worry? It is very unfair to me. I will keep active on the forum until I hear and let you know of any progress and please if someone could answer to my post - would be grateful.

valhna
Newly Registered

Post by valhna » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Don't panic aumar I'm waiting also (apply on 21 August ).
It is seams many people waiting on this forum. HO has really big delay. At the end it will be sorted.

valhna
Newly Registered

Post by valhna » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:36 pm

aumar wrote:Hi guys, I applied for naturalisation in the first week of Sep 2014 ( That's after exactly one year of obtaining ILR) I received acknowledgment after couple of weeks and haven't heard from them since. It will be 5 months next week. I understand it is 6 months time but people have been waiting longer than that on this forum. Does anyone know what %age of September applications are still undecided - just a ball park range? I have seen few posts showing numbers but couldnt figure out the exact no of applications or % decided so far. I feel I am one of those unluckiest in for a long wait. It will help me to remain positive because i am becoming more and more pessimist by each passing week. Is it normal or I am right to worry? It is very unfair to me. I will keep active on the forum until I hear and let you know of any progress and please if someone could answer to my post - would be grateful.
It is seams many people waiting on this forum. HO has really big delay. At the end it will be sorted.

Notjustok
Newly Registered

Post by Notjustok » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Notjustok wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 years residency ( Non EEA National Spouse of EEA National )
Language criteria met: English at B1CEFR or Higher + Life in The UK Test
Council name: Hammersmith & Fulham (London)
Date of application: 28/07/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 11/08/2014
Date of acknowledgment letter received: 14/08/2014 (dated 11/08/2014)
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting
Passport Interview: Waiting
Passport Received: Waiting

Hi all, i will like to update you guys that i receive a letter from home office after my MP contacted them regarding my application. here is the response: Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appear ur application will not be processed within the 6 month target. we expect to make a decision on your application within the next 3-6 month, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible. pls note we will contact you with further updates.

This also applies to any family members whose application for citizenship were submitted at the same time.

yours sincerely

Nationality Casework.

aumar

Post by aumar » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:31 am

valhna wrote:
aumar wrote:Hi guys, I applied for naturalisation in the first week of Sep 2014 ( That's after exactly one year of obtaining ILR) I received acknowledgment after couple of weeks and haven't heard from them since. It will be 5 months next week. I understand it is 6 months time but people have been waiting longer than that on this forum. Does anyone know what %age of September applications are still undecided - just a ball park range? I have seen few posts showing numbers but couldnt figure out the exact no of applications or % decided so far. I feel I am one of those unluckiest in for a long wait. It will help me to remain positive because i am becoming more and more pessimist by each passing week. Is it normal or I am right to worry? It is very unfair to me. I will keep active on the forum until I hear and let you know of any progress and please if someone could answer to my post - would be grateful.
Many thanks Valhna,

But honestly this is very unfair and cruel particularly when your future plans depend on something and you are made to wait for no obvious reasons. People I know are getting approvals within 2 months and we have been waiting for 5. God knows how many more months we have to wait before we hear anything.

Best wishes for you and for all the people out there.

Hon

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:16 am

Hey guyz just a quick question ..when do we call the council to book for a ceremony. .coz i called them today they said my name is not on their list of ceremonies lol...i thought its automatic. .pliz let me know thanx all

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am

All January application has been dealt within 30 days, members pls correct if I m wrong

Regards

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:35 am

nkim2222 wrote:Hey guyz just a quick question ..when do we call the council to book for a ceremony. .coz i called them today they said my name is not on their list of ceremonies lol...i thought its automatic. .pliz let me know thanx all
Even though i haven't gone through that process but i have seen some people saying they have been told from HO to wait 2 weeks b4 they book their citizenship ceremony . If thats help

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:52 am

Thank you Rahel...yah am sure u have to wait ..since its not on their system. .I am sure your application its on its way to be approved..in 2 weeks u will get it..

Haadi83

Post by Haadi83 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 am

Update

Eligibility criteria: EX EEA Family Member + 1Year PR Card
Language criteria met: Life in The UK+B1 English
Current nationality: Pakistani
Council name if NCS used: Newham
Date of application: 19/01/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 20/01/2015
Date of acknowlegment: 02/02/2015 (Dated 27/01/2015)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 27/01/2015
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

prda
Newly Registered

Post by prda » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:35 am

Eligibility criteria: ILR+1 year [1 dependent]
Language criteria met: Life in The UK passed after 28th Oct 13+ Degree taught in English by university letter
Current nationality: Indian
Council name if NCS used: North Shields, Newcastle
Date of application: 25/12/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: NA
Date of acknowlegment: NA
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 31/12/2014
Date approval received: 31/01/2015 dated 23rd Jan
Date of Cermony: Not booked yet.

All the very best to all :) :) :)

Ravi116
Newly Registered

Post by Ravi116 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:39 am

Sean J wrote:All January application has been dealt within 30 days, members pls correct if I m wrong

Regards
Yes you are right. I applied on 12 Jan and received approval letter on 29 Jan. There are some people who received responses within 30 Days.

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:25 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 3yr spouse of BC
Method of application: NCS (Southwark)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21 of January 2015
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval: 2 of February (Letter dated 24/01/2015)
Date of Ceremony: 9th of February

I need to check the other dates but I wanted to post it to say thank you for all your help.
I was pleasantly surprised of receiving the letter today, not even a month after I applied!

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Unbelievable
It took HO 3 days to approve your naturalisation
Congrats!!

nkim2222

Post by nkim2222 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:11 pm

pinina wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 3yr spouse of BC
Method of application: NCS (Southwark)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21 of January 2015
Date of debit of fees:
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:
Date of receipt of approval: 2 of February (Letter dated 24/01/2015)
Date of Ceremony: 9th of February

I need to check the other dates but I wanted to post it to say thank you for all your help.
I was pleasantly surprised of receiving the letter today, not even a month after I applied!
Hi Pinna , when did u call the council to book yoir ceremony. .coz my approval was done same dag as yours but called today my name is not on the list ..my borough is Newham.

meemgabi
Newly Registered

Post by meemgabi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Eligibility criteria: Spouse to BC (3yrs + ILR since April 2014)
Language criteria met: Life in The UK + IELTS
Current nationality: Palestinian
Method of application: NCS Edinburgh
Date of application:08/01/2015
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/01/2015
Date of acknowlegment: 20/01/2015 (date printed 15/01/2015)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 15/01/2015
Date approval received: 31/01/2015 (date printed 24/01/2015
Date of Cermony: 17/02/2015

Good luck everyone!