ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport for my new born baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravivarma1979
Newly Registered

british passport for my new born baby

Post by ravivarma1979 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi All,
Can some one advice me and save my money.

Currently my situation as below.

I am in UK under Tier1 General Visa . I was almost finished 5 years. I am going to take ILR on Apr 2015.
My wife also eligible to go for ILR along with me.
We had 2 kids who are born in UK(first kid born in 2012 and second kid born in 2015.)

Question :
My first kid already hold indian passport ..
and my second kid just born in 18th Jan 2015 and we didn't plan any india visits until we got ILR.

once me and my wife got ILR shall I apply straight away British passport to both of them or shall I take indian passport for my new baby before that and apply for british passport and surrender indian passports of them?

Why I ask question because surrender indian passport is chargeable process . I will handover my first Kid passport and save some money.

Can some one suggest the process as well.. appreciate your suggestions and help

spzenthil

Re: british passport for my new born baby

Post by spzenthil » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Ravi,

If I understand correctly this is what you can do.

get both of your ILR. Register your children using MN1 form and then apply for british passport later. For the first child you can return the indian passport once you applied your british passport. There is no requirement to apply for indian passport for second child if you are not travelling outside UK.

Cheers,
-Senthil

ravivarma1979
Newly Registered

Re: british passport for my new born baby

Post by ravivarma1979 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello mate,

Thank you for confirmation. Yes checked with UKBA for that after I posted here they confirmed the same.