ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apostilled stamp

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DublinGirl

Apostilled stamp

Post by DublinGirl » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:21 pm

Dear, i need your help can anyone tell me regarding below
i have received divorce cert from estonia spouse to say divorce certificate but it does'nt say that my solicitor send me this she says its a divorce cert and it does'nt have any stamp from dept of affair estonia i called estonian embassy they says ireland and estonain don't have any agreement on apostilled stamp but my wife need to submit this with her visa app from pakistan what would you say anyone with the same situation? Thankyou

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Apostilled stamp

Post by 357mag » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:52 pm

You need to get an apostille added to the marriage certificate. The Department of Foriegn Affairs (DFA) at the Estonian embasy or consulate should do it for you but you normally have to pay a fee.
There are agents online that can arrange to have it done for you but they charge a lot for this so it costs less if you arrange it yourself with the consulate.

You will probably need to send a "certified copy" to the consulate. You take original to a solicitor who copies it and writes on it that it is a true copy of the original. Then you sent to consulate who stick a note of apostille on the back.

A photocopied copy is no good, they need the original. You might need to apply to the office that supplied the original document.

I am getting married in Hong Kong in 2 weeks and they asked for "a certified and Apostilled copy of divorce certificate". My solicitor charged £20 to certify a copy and DFA charged £30 to add an apostille.

It has to be done at the DFA of the country that issued the document.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.