ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturilzation application query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T1&IT
Newly Registered

Naturilzation application query

Post by T1&IT » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi
I have some quries.Please advise.
I got ILR visa last year in 07 jan 2014 on Tier1 General 5 years bases.Now I want to apply for Naturalization.
I provide IELTS test report for ILR.Which of the following I need to select?

✔ I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification;
OR
✔ I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;

I am applying alone as my wife is not eligible yet.Do i need to give my wife detail in partner section?

I am employee in a company and providing following documents for naturalization application. Please tell if something is missing
1. AN Form with two photos
2. Current and expired passport.
3. Home office letter for ILR + BRP card
4. IELTS certificate + life in the Uk test
5. HMRC Employment history letter of last 5 years + 5 year P60
6. 12 month payslips with bankstatment and HR letter that I am working in same company from last 5 years without any dates for absences from UK.

I am applying alone as my wife does not haveILR yet she just arrive in this country last years with Tier1 General defendant visa(of dated 13-03-2014).
If I got naturalization then can you please guide me that when my wife can apply for naturalizing (after 5 years OR 3 years)?
Does she need to apply for ILR first and when she can apply for ILR(5 years or 3 years)?

Regards
Last edited by T1&IT on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Naturilzation application query

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Your wife needs to be UK resident for the last 3 years and hold ILR.
I am sometimes wrong.

T1&IT
Newly Registered

Post by T1&IT » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks for reply.
Can my wife apply ILR after 3 years or she need to wait 5 years?
Can someone reply for the rest of queries?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Regarding ILR I suggest you seek answers in ILR topic/forum.
In my opinion that is what you should be after since once your wife gets ILR she can apply for naturalistion the same day providing you are British citizen at that moment.
I am sometimes wrong.

T1&IT
Newly Registered

Post by T1&IT » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks
can you please guide about points regarding my naturalization application mention above?

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:59 pm

I am sometimes wrong.

T1&IT
Newly Registered

Post by T1&IT » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:37 pm

thanks milan69
it is helpful for my wife ILR application.
Can you please advised about my naturalization application that i mention above?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:51 pm

I deleted what I think are unnecessary.
T1&IT wrote:Hi

✔ I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;

I am employee in a company and providing following documents for naturalization application. Please tell if something is missing
1. AN Form with two photos
2. Current and expired passport.
3. Home office letter for ILR + BRP card
4. IELTS certificate + life in the Uk test
5. HMRC Employment history letter of last 5 years + 5 year P60
6. 12 month payslips with bankstatment and HR letter that I am working in same company from last 5 years without any dates for absences from UK.
Tiered to ILR do not need to provide payslips if Passport is valid and covers past five years, I used Nationality Checking Service and they checked my Passports and returned all my payslips etc as that was not needed. This was because like yourself I wasnt out of country in past twelve months and my Passport showed that, also, they copied my ILR card, passports and handed them back to me as well as a receipt they checked everything.

Please follow the full instructions on AN Form guide regarding photos and referees. Also this link is helpful as seniors have compiled FAQ's regarding naturalisation applications.
Good luck.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.