ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have ILR, Out of UK for 1Yr 11 Months, Want to return

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TRY4ILR
Newly Registered

Have ILR, Out of UK for 1Yr 11 Months, Want to return

Post by TRY4ILR » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:23 am

Dear All ,

I have ILR and stayed out of UK for 1 year and 11 months for doing MBA. Now, I am planning to return to UK before Feb end. I do not have job offer yet in UK.

I read in forums that, some times immigration officers at airport doesn't get convinced that we are returning for settling & places "tourist/visiting visa" stamp on passport. It makes ILR "invalid".

Does any one have similar experiences here? Will there be any issues at immigration check in my case? Do you think having an offer letter at hand strengthens my case? Please advise me urgently if you have any idea on this.

Thank You

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Have ILR, Out of UK for 1Yr 11 Months, Want to return

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Anything you can do to convice the immigration officer will help, for example if you have family living in the UK, have a property or a job offer etc. You seem to have a valid reason (doing MBA) to stay out of UK. I think you will be ok provided you have not done any UK visits in the last two years saying the same thing.
At the end of the day ILR is a kind of visa and it will be at the discretion of the immigration office to allow you in or not. I think you should keep your MBA degree etc with you showing what you have been doing when you arrive, if you can get a job offer etc it would definitely help.

TRY4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by TRY4ILR » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:44 am

Thank you for the advice zeusmagnanimous.

hazzan
Newly Registered

Post by hazzan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 am

Hello Mate,

Were you able to enter the UK successfully without issue on your ILR? were you given a hard time around this? I'm in a similar situation, where i have been working outside the UK and now will be returning after finishing my contract to live in the UK permanently.

regards,

Hassan

TRY4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by TRY4ILR » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi Hassan,

I have returned to UK now. Immigration officer didn't ask any questions specific to "out of UK stay" or 2 years gap. There were few routine questions like how could I get Visa etc. Overall, it is very smooth and no problems at all. I hope this information be helpful to you. Wish you all the best and welcome back.