ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 Work Sponsored to Unmarried partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadietaber
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 Work Sponsored to Unmarried partner

Post by sadietaber » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:22 am

Hello I am currently on a Tier 2 sponsorship visa through my employer. I have lived with my partner (who is a British citizen) for 2 years and we are looking to switch to an unmarried partner visa. I am intending to stay at my current job (which will give me enough funds to meet the financial requirement between my partner and I) but I wanted to know 2 things:
1. Do I need to tell my employer before I switch into this new Visa? I am worried that they may want to get rid of me if they knew that they no longer had to sponsor me
and
2. If I did leave my job after I was granted an unmarried partner visa and went to work at another job, would i need to let the home office know right away? My partner is a contractor and it would be much more difficult to show that we meet the financial requirements on one salary.

Thank you!

julian1972

Re: Switching from Tier 2 Work Sponsored to Unmarried partne

Post by julian1972 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:10 pm

1: No

2: No

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi,

I am in the same boat.

Are you including your salary and your partners?
My annual salary is actually not enough so I was thinking of just including his wages.

Do you think that is ok? Because I don't want to ask my employer for a reference confirming the wage.
otherwise they might think I am leaving and get rid of me (as I am on tier 2 sponsor)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:11 pm

singma33 wrote:Hi,

I am in the same boat.

Are you including your salary and your partners?
My annual salary is actually not enough so I was thinking of just including his wages.

Do you think that is ok? Because I don't want to ask my employer for a reference confirming the wage.
otherwise they might think I am leaving and get rid of me (as I am on tier 2 sponsor)
You have already been advised that you can use your partners earnings. You can also use both of your earnings using your payslips etc. If you ask for a letter confirming your wages, you could say it is for something else, like credit facilities etc. Your employer will know that you have switched anyway as you are currently sponsored and once you switch, your Tier 2 becomes invalid and they will most likely be notified.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1159790
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Thank you for your reply.

So this means that it does not matter if I use only my "partners" earnings or if combine and use "both."
Yes, my employer will find out eventually as I will let them know when I get the visa. I am just concerned as I am trying to leave my current job so I am looking to switch my Visa to unmarried. Being on Tier 2 really ties you down on the job and you cannot leave unless you find another sponsor or the unmarried partner visa. If that makes sense..?

On the safe side I will most likely go with my partner's earnings only.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:20 pm

You can still use your income as it is an in country switch. If you don't complete your employment earning details on the form, you are not being truthful and HO will know your working status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

singma33
United Kingdom

Post by singma33 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Yes, I was going to fill out my employment details as well to be truthful on the application form.
However because I am hesitating to ask my employer for a letter confirming my employment details, can I just submit my partners materials as proof for his employment?

From my side, I can submit my payslips/bank statements/contract.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Yes, that should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)