ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Uk passport for adult -section 4 please help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ejy1229
Newly Registered

First Uk passport for adult -section 4 please help

Post by ejy1229 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:45 pm

Hi,
I got naturalsaton in Dec. 2014 and i am trying to apply my first uk passport now.
I've got some problem on section 4.
My parents passed away 30years ago.
I only know when and where they were born.
The system in my country was changed a few years ago.
Therefore, there is no way to find out my parents' exact birthday and when they got married.
I don't know what to do.
Please help. :(

Thank you

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: First Uk passport for adult -section 4 please help

Post by milan69 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:17 am

I've put an estimated date of my parents marriage as I am not sure.
I am sometimes wrong.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 am

ejy1229 wrote:Hi,
I got naturalsaton in Dec. 2014 and i am trying to apply my first uk passport now.
I've got some problem on section 4.
My parents passed away 30years ago.
I only know when and where they were born.
The system in my country was changed a few years ago.
Therefore, there is no way to find out my parents' exact birthday and when they got married.
I don't know what to do.
Please help. :(

Thank you
The naturalisation form also asks about parent's DOB - what did you write there? write the same in passport application.
If you don't know the dates then dont make a guess leave blank or write UNKNOWN. For a naturalised person they are not really needed for passport application. The only problem here is that if you have provided a specific date during your naturalisation application and now you say it is UNKNOWN or something different then you might get into some trouble. They always ask you these dates during the passport interview too.
Same applies to their marriage date. I did not know my parent's marriage date, I left it blank and it all went smoothly.

ejy1229
Newly Registered

Post by ejy1229 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:22 am

milan69 wrote:I've put an estimated date of my parents marriage as I am not sure.
Thank you :)

ejy1229
Newly Registered

Post by ejy1229 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:26 am

zeusmagnanimous wrote:
ejy1229 wrote:
The naturalisation form also asks about parent's DOB - what did you write there? write the same in passport application.
If you don't know the dates then dont make a guess leave blank or write UNKNOWN. For a naturalised person they are not really needed for passport application. The only problem here is that if you have provided a specific date during your naturalisation application and now you say it is UNKNOWN or something different then you might get into some trouble. They always ask you these dates during the passport interview too.
Same applies to their marriage date. I did not know my parent's marriage date, I left it blank and it all went smoothly.
I put only year they were born. Then i will put just year they were born and leave blank for other info.
Thank you :)