ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Certificate Lost/Undelivered

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Certificate Lost/Undelivered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi all,

Quick summary. Applied for naturalisation beginning of November, received the letter of approval on the 19th of December.

After receiving the letter i phone my local council to book the ceremony however i was informed that my certificate has not arrived yet. Many days later and after phoning on a daily basis still no certificate, total certificates unaccounted for = 21

On January the 23rd i phoned home office various numbers and got an email out of all of this where i was told i can get the right person to help me with my query.

I emailed with my Home Office reference and described my issue. Today i received an email from a lady at Home Office saying that even though my application was successful they did not send me a letter of approval because they need to carry out further checks.

Her reply did not make any sense to me because I did receive a letter of approval from home office requiring me to book the ceremony to complete the process.

has this ever happened to anyone else?

All of this would make sense to me if i did not receive a letter of approval and just emailed to ask about the progress of my application or something, but because i did receive a letter of approval the whole "we did not send you a letter of approval to book your ceremony because we require further checks" just does not make any sense to me. Was her reply just an automatic response they send to everyone?

Any help would be very much appreciated, i am very worried right now.

Warmest regards to you all.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Certificate Lost/Undelivered

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Can you paste the email response here?

Check this thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... s#p1064869

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi Akhurshid,

Thank you for that link, the message that is contained within that link is exactly the same, word for word, of what i received today from Home Office via email, word for word!

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Kashiokinamasaka wrote:Hi Akhurshid,

Thank you for that link, the message that is contained within that link is exactly the same, word for word, of what i received today from Home Office via email, word for word!
It seems like the approval letter was sent in error.
Call nationality team and ask. It is also possible that they have sent you this email in error.

If the email is correct, nothing you can do but wait.

xprzy
Newly Registered

Post by xprzy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:49 am

Hi,

I have a similar case as yours. I applied in Nov 14 and received the HO approval letter dated the 11th of Dec. The letter advised I contact my council to arrange the citizenship ceremony. On contacting my council, I was informed the certificate never arrived. I have been calling the council and HO ever since but I have had no positive feedback. The council informed me there was a missing delivery batch in December.

The recent response I got from the HO was, ..."We are dealing with the delivery issue to the Council. I apologise for any inconvenience this is causing but at present I am unable to give you a timescale of when this issue will be resolved"

It's frustrating to keep waiting without knowing what's going on. I see no reason why a new certificate can not be re-issued if the previous one was lost in the post. I would also assume the certificates are sent out using recorded delivery and it should be easy to track. I guess, I'm wrong ...

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Hi hi,

Ah was your council by any chance anywhere in Scotland in the area of Aberdeen....

At least they told you that they have had delivery issues, what they told me via email correspondence:

1) General response advising me that my application needed further checks

2) I responded saying this doesn't make any sense as i received the letter of approval

3) Through further emails i was told at the end that my letter of approval was sent in error and that i have to now wait for i have no idea how long for checks to be performed

Makes no sense to me whatsoever, surely you would only send a letter of approval once everything has been checked, why would you send a letter of approval and then think to yourself "oh wait a second, maybe something is wrong with THAT particular application and it needs further checks"

As far as i understand i can only contact them beginning of May as it would have been 6 months since the date of my application.

xprzy
Newly Registered

Post by xprzy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:01 pm

You guessed right. My council is Aberdeen :)

Surprisingly, I just got another approval letter in the post today from HO. It's dated 1st of February, and it advises again I contact the Aberdeen council for the ceremony. I called the council an hour ago but was told the new certificates haven't arrived yet. Apparently, the issue of the lost batch of certificates have now been resolved and new certificates are expected to come in this week.

Hopefully, yours and mine would be among the new certificates sent out. Fingers crossed...

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:23 am

xprzy wrote:You guessed right. My council is Aberdeen :)

Surprisingly, I just got another approval letter in the post today from HO. It's dated 1st of February, and it advises again I contact the Aberdeen council for the ceremony. I called the council an hour ago but was told the new certificates haven't arrived yet. Apparently, the issue of the lost batch of certificates have now been resolved and new certificates are expected to come in this week.

Hopefully, yours and mine would be among the new certificates sent out. Fingers crossed...
Haha congratulations! I read this and went home thinking i might have one too but of course i didn't :D

When i used to harass the Aberdeen Council regarding the certificate they told me 21 of them were undelivered. So i guess you and I fall into that bracket however having received correspondence from Home Office saying they need to perform further checks on my application i may have fallen out of that bracket unless whatever they said to me was just to kind of get rid of me until they reprint the certificates. No idea.

But nevertheless, Congratulations once again i hope this time they will have your certificate delivered on time!

xprzy
Newly Registered

Post by xprzy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:41 am

I got a call from the council yesterday saying my certificate has arrived. I called back this morning and have booked a private ceremony for the 18th of February.

I would suggest you give the council a call again. Hopefully, yours might be among the new certificates sent out.

All the best & take care