ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - English, P60 & Passport validity

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaravind
Newly Registered

ILR - English, P60 & Passport validity

Post by jaravind » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:57 pm

I am about to apply for my ILR on a 5 year route
I am on Tier 1 general visa, which was valid from Oct 2008. I was out of the country for sometime. I came back here in UK on Feb 2010 and hence 5 years from that date.

I do have a few questions on my application.

1) My wife , Tier 1 dependent has a valid B-Tech degree from an Indian university which is listed in Points calculator. So, I believe she don't have to complete any English exam. We just need to produce the print of PBS Points calculator . Is that right understanding ?

2) Our Indian passports are about to expire later this year, in August. Is there any minimum passport validity period required for ILR application ?

3) I have the P60 for last four years. however, I don't have the one for Feb-Mar 2010 as I was here only for 2 months and hence no tax paid. Is that a problem ? Or Should I wait till Apr 2015 ?

Any response would be appreciated

Cheers,
Jay

jaravind
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - English, P60 & Passport validity

Post by jaravind » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:25 pm

One more question to the above list

1) Question 7.11 , Do I need to mention my absence before 5 year period count ? Example : I was absent between Oct 2008 and Feb 2010, even though my visa was valid.

jaravind
Newly Registered

Post by jaravind » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Can someone respond please ?

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:07 pm

I believe there is no minimum passport validity requirement for ILR otherwise it should have mentioned in the form.
You can use PBS for qualification or depending upon time left you can get UK NARIC score for your wife degree or book a English test here by clicking below link:
http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220

Its a very easy test and you will get your certificate in 5-10 days.

P60 is not a mandatory document provide you have your salary slips and bank statements.