ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my parents move to the UK with me?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vb3d

Can my parents move to the UK with me?

Post by Vb3d » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello
I was born in the UK back in 1979, so I got British passport,
My parents live in the UK back then for approx 4 years, and then moved back to their home country
pluse, they come to the uk as visitors later so many times, maybe 20 tourist/visitor visas
Does that help them come and live in the UK with me?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Can my parents move to the UK with me?

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:30 pm

In a nutshell - no.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:17 pm

The circumstances that you have stated and their relationship to you do not give them any right to come to live in the UK.

But given that they gave birth to you (I'm presuming that they are your birth parents) in the UK, perhaps they have some other grounds to have lived in the UK at that point in time. For instance, were either of their parents/grand-parents CUKCs (Citizens of the United Kingdom and Colonies)? They could look at the Ancestry visa route (I am not sure of all the details, but worth exploring).

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:47 pm

secret.simon wrote:The circumstances that you have stated and their relationship to you do not give them any right to come to live in the UK.

But given that they gave birth to you (I'm presuming that they are your birth parents) in the UK, perhaps they have some other grounds to have lived in the UK at that point in time. For instance, were either of their parents/grand-parents CUKCs (Citizens of the United Kingdom and Colonies)? They could look at the Ancestry visa route (I am not sure of all the details, but worth exploring).
My father was doing a degree back then, and what my parents got in their old passports is "Leave to remain in the UK" until certain date, which they renew every year, and once my father completed his course, he just left the UK and never renewed it again.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Two things: ILR is lost after two years if residence is not taken up and again in that period, and entering as a visitor subsequently also cancels ILR so it's a double-whammy there I'm afraid.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Vb3d

Post by Vb3d » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Wanderer wrote:Two things: ILR is lost after two years if residence is not taken up and again in that period, and entering as a visitor subsequently also cancels ILR so it's a double-whammy there I'm afraid.
Thank you for the information, appreciated