ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entry to exit. uk.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imran.khan1234
Newly Registered

entry to exit. uk.

Post by imran.khan1234 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:38 am

Hi,

My parents are old. They want to visit me . As they need to exit every six months , is it possible if they go to Paris or ireland, get an exit from Uk and come back to Uk rather than taking an exit all the way to karachi, which is time taking and costly. If this is not possible then kindly suggest and easy alternatives where an exit and re entry to Uk can be achieved in much less time and cost.

Regards
Imran 

ban.s

Re: entry to exit. uk.

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 am

no, that's not possible.
visit means short stay. If your parents stay here for 6 months it's expected they would be spending around same time in their place of residence before returning to UK for another visit.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:20 am

I believe (I could be wrong) that one of the conditions of the visitor visa is that the holder is in the UK for only 6 out of a 12 month period. Therefore, under your plan, they would need to stay in Paris or Ireland for 6 months. That could be quite expensive, more expensive than flying them to Karachi.

On the other hand, if you have family in Europe that they can stay with for six months and who can sponsor then for a Schengen visitors visa, it may be a workable plan.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:40 pm

secret.simon wrote:I believe (I could be wrong) that one of the conditions of the visitor visa is that the holder is in the UK for only 6 out of a 12 month period. Therefore, under your plan, they would need to stay in Paris or Ireland for 6 months. That could be quite expensive, more expensive than flying them to Karachi.

On the other hand, if you have family in Europe that they can stay with for six months and who can sponsor then for a Schengen visitors visa, it may be a workable plan.
Can only stay three months in any six in Schengen zone.

Also even six months in 12 in UK may well raise eyebrows if the IO feels the entrant is not a genuine visitor and is effectively residing here even for six month at a time.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....