ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who applies for out of country tier 2 work visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jayjolly

Who applies for out of country tier 2 work visa?

Post by Jayjolly » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:50 pm

i have been offered a job in the UK and the company has started RLMT after which they will get a sponsorship license and then apply for CoS. All this is being done by a solicitor who they have hired to speed up the process.

I am currently residing in DUBAI. What i need to know is who will apply for my ukvisa for me and my family? Does the company in the UK do all the processing or do i have to apply from the country where i am residing?

The solicitors are saying that i dont have to do anything from my side and that they will do all the processing. Is this true?

As far as i know and what i have read is that i have to do the visa application from my side after receiving the CoS from the uk sponsor.

Echoes
United Kingdom

Re: Who applies for out of country tier 2 work visa?

Post by Echoes » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:52 pm

You are right. Once you have the CoS, you will have to apply for an Entry Clearance for yourself as well as dependent visas for your family. A CoS does not guarantee you will get a visa, however, provided you can satisfy the requirements there is a high probability that you will get the visa once in possession of a valid CoS.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Who applies for out of country tier 2 work visa?

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:53 pm

The solicitor can do all the necessary paperwork on company's behalf. However, you will have to go in person for providing your biometrics. Your solicitor will get an update from the embassy by when you can do it. Assuming he will keep you informed.