ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married in Tirana. Waiting for Document submission

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abbs33
Newly Registered

Married in Tirana. Waiting for Document submission

Post by abbs33 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:42 pm

I thought I would share my experience and get some advice if you have any. I was married in Tirana to my Albanian fiance on 30th Aug 07. I am now back in the UK and I am english. There is a new system in place now where you have to apply online and you get given a date to submit your documents. My husbands date is the 24th September 07. We think we have everything together. We have had my documents legalised and translated. We have the rental agreement with both names for our flat, the marriage certificate, photos of us together as we have been together since March 2006 and lived together since June 2006, a job offer for him on his return, my payslips and job details. Can I have some advice on what else we will need to ensure his application is processed speedily. I miss him very much and hope he will be back in England with me here sometime in October if all goes well. Hope you can help.

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:15 pm

There's a checklist of sorts at http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/spouse/

hope that helps...

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:04 am

If they require anything else and wish to interview your husband then you get given a list with ticked boxes on. But you seem to have all the relevant ones. The photos are usually given back until the day of the interview, iam only going on my own experience and watching others at the Embassy.

katiepig
Newly Registered

Application list

Post by katiepig » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:31 pm

Further to my pm, if you search the author Sin in the family immigration forum, he provides an excellent list of evidence for an application.
It made me realise id left off the house section and sponsor letter from my pm.
good luck again.

meimei
Newly Registered

Post by meimei » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 am

can you run me through what i documents i need legalised and translated to get married in albania. So far i know i need my birth cert and my CNI do i need both translated into albanian, and do they do that at the legalisation office in london at the same time.
i also read somewhere that when you submit documents for the visa alll copies need to be certified by a uk lawyer, but if my marriage cert is issued by the albanian registry do i get that certified by an albanian lawyer?becuz i heard they keep all original documents if you dont provide certified copies including marriage cert.

sammie121

Post by sammie121 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:38 pm

The London legalisation office don't translate documents... We had ours translated by a noter in Albania cheaper...

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:31 pm

meimei wrote:i also read somewhere that when you submit documents for the visa alll copies need to be certified by a uk lawyer, but if my marriage cert is issued by the albanian registry do i get that certified by an albanian lawyer?becuz i heard they keep all original documents if you dont provide certified copies including marriage cert.
You don't need to supply certified copies of everything you want back, just copies.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

charliegal

Post by charliegal » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi, me and my husband did the same as you and had the same paperwork that you have and everything was fine. We handed in the paperwork and he was given an interview a month later. He then had the interview, and was given the visa that day and he returned home 2 days later! Im sure it will be fine! xxxx

clairey

Post by clairey » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:50 am

VictoriaS wrote:
meimei wrote:i also read somewhere that when you submit documents for the visa alll copies need to be certified by a uk lawyer, but if my marriage cert is issued by the albanian registry do i get that certified by an albanian lawyer?becuz i heard they keep all original documents if you dont provide certified copies including marriage cert.
You don't need to supply certified copies of everything you want back, just copies.

Victoria
You do in Tirana - if you don't give them a certified copy, they will keep the original. EVERYTHING has to be certified. We sent copies of all our payslips and bank statements when we sponsored my brother-in-law, and they refused to process the visa as we had only given them photocopies and they wanted them certified.

They also kept our friends' marriage certificate as they didn't have a certified copy - they're now waiting for a copy from the town hall in Albania where they got married and as a result, he can't get a Schengen visa as he doesn't have the certificate!

topazstar

visa documents

Post by topazstar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:49 pm

Your list looks fine - also bank statements and a letter from you as sponsor and your husband as applicant, summarising your story/details - you can also use these letters to point out any particularly important information or clarify certain points.
We applied a few weeks ago and agree the waiting period is TOUGH.

meimei
Newly Registered

Post by meimei » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:20 pm

The letters they require do they want a letter summarising our relationship??they said l;etters that r relevant?
Do i need to stay there for more than a week whilst the visa process goes on? like do they need to see my original passport etc or just a certified copy will do? Becuz my hubby friends say i dont need to be there for the visa???

The brit embassy website said the cni and birth cert need to legalised by foreign commonwealth and legalised and translated ministry in albania??
i really want all document prepared in the uk.

topazstar

Application for visa

Post by topazstar » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:20 am

meimei wrote:The letters they require do they want a letter summarising our relationship??they said l;etters that r relevant?
Do i need to stay there for more than a week whilst the visa process goes on? like do they need to see my original passport etc or just a certified copy will do? Becuz my hubby friends say i dont need to be there for the visa???

The brit embassy website said the cni and birth cert need to legalised by foreign commonwealth and legalised and translated ministry in albania??
i really want all document prepared in the uk.
Yes, both of our letters summarised our relationship (each in our own words) and a rough outline of the important dates etc like when we met, married etc... this makes it easier for the visa staff so suggest you do the same. No need to stay there while visa in process as it will take more than a week - so OK to leave a certified copy of your passport.
All of my docs were certified in UK, inc. the birth certificate etc (or u can send originals which they will return to you. I am not aware that they need to be certified in Albania..... the only doc we had to get translated and certified in country (Pakistan in our case) was the marriage certificate.
Hope this helps & good luck.

clairey

Post by clairey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:23 am

meimei you can get your documents translated at the Albanian embassy in London - however they will charge you in Euros for doing it!

I couldn't tell you how long things take now, as we applied for my husband's visa in 2004, and they've changed their system since then. All I know is that it will probably take 3-4 weeks for his application to go through. Bear in mind there are only a few people working in the visa section and they have hundreds of applications a day. So the more info you can give them to make things straightforward for them, the better. When we submitted ours, they weren't interested in the "proof" of our relationship (photos, letters, text messages etc), all they wanted to see was our bank statements, pay slips and proof of accommodation.

Best of luck and let us know how it all goes!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:17 pm

It never ceases to amaze me that every consulate has wildly different guidance!

If they keep documents you must complain. And if they refuse because there are no copies, you must also complain. These people shouldn't be allowed to get away with this.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

clairey

Post by clairey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:07 pm

I know, it's ridiculous. This is what's on the British Embassy Tirana's website:

With effect from 2 January 2006 applicants for United Kingdom visas are required to provide only original documents or certified copies of documents in support of their visa applications:

• UK documents should be either originals or copies certified by a recognised UK solicitor. (If an applicant submits original documents that they would like returned after the application has been processed, they should submit certified copies at the same time as the application is being made, to be held on our files)

• Albanian documents should be submitted only in original. Certificates issued by the local registry offices should be certified by the relevant prefecture office and legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

• Marriage certificates will be accepted only in the six-foreign languages version.

Faxed or e-mailed documents will no longer be accepted.

meimei
Newly Registered

Post by meimei » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:38 pm

Claire, the albania embassy in london doesnt do translation my hub went down there on fri.They told him to find someone who speaks good english and translate it,then bring it back to the embassy and they will stamp it. (tHEir excuse for not doing it, is that they havent got the time)He managed to get it legalised for me though, but its not good if the registry in albania cant read it.

Im getting all my copies certified anyway that part is not a problem yet?

clairey

Post by clairey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:48 pm

meimei, sorry about that, last time I was there with my friend she was getting her baby's birth certificate translated. They must have stopped since then. I think there are notaries in Tirana who also do translations - fairly sure I saw a few last time I was there.

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks charliegal, your reply has put my mind at rest a little. He hands in his application on monday 24th September. I tought it may have been sooner than 3-4 weeks though.....

Topazstar, have you had any news yet?

abbs33
Newly Registered

Oh Dear 8th November Interview Date

Post by abbs33 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:30 pm

Am very dissapointed today! My husband handed in his documents this morning and he was given an interview date of the 8th November !!! :(
We thought we had everything they required with regards to documentation, but they have asked for bills with his name on them. This is the problem, we dont have any. He moved in with me in June 2006 and we never added his names to any of the bills even though we have paid 50 50 on everything. I am upset that this small thing has potentially held things up as we are a genuine case. Now I am not too sure what to provide as proof that we have lived together.

Can anyone advice? x

meimei
Newly Registered

Post by meimei » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:17 pm

well you cant produce documents you dont have,write them a letter explaining this, are they delaying the process because of this?

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:45 pm

No. not that I know. It is the way applications are being progressed in Tirana now. You are right, I cant give them documents that dont exist. I will take your advice and write a letter explaining this and also try to gather evidence from family and friends of proof that we have been together, maybe they would write letters of reference? Thanks.

clairey

Post by clairey » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:04 pm

When we applied in November 2004 for my husband's fiance visa, they told us his interview would be in March 2005!! So waiting times are down a LOT. We got his visa before then luckily. I don't think your application is being delayed by not having bills in both your names. Write a letter explaining your situation addressed to the Entry Clearance Manager and see what they say.

abbs33
Newly Registered

Post by abbs33 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:20 pm

no delay, this is the new system in place in Albania now. There is an outside agency organising the visa application process and it is done on an appointment basis. Have had time to think about the situation and will use the time wisely between now and the 8th November to gather as much evidence as possible from friends and family.

ptk_05@yahoo.co.uk
Newly Registered

albanian visa

Post by ptk_05@yahoo.co.uk » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:55 pm

hi there, its nice to here of people sharing the same experiences, although at the time i understand you just want to get everything sorted. i met my albanian partner in 2002 and we got married last year after going through exactly same process as you, you have all the relevant documents you need, the more the better. you just need to get the legal documents notarised but you can do that here or in albania. it wont be long now!! good luck xxx