ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender Indian Passport Certificate required

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nov1970
Newly Registered

Surrender Indian Passport Certificate required

Post by nov1970 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi to all,

I hope I am posting on the right thread.

I need some advice about how to get a certificate for surrendering my Indian Passport. In 2003 I obtained British Nationality, and after that I applied for my British Passport. Before I received my British Nationality I traveled to India on my Indian Passport.
When I received my British Nationality I used my British Passport to travel to India.

Soon after I received my British Nationality I lost my Indian Passport and I have only found it again last month whilst moving storage from my attic. On my British Passport I had a 5 year Indian Visa which will expire in April 2015.

If I want another 5 year Indian visa on my British Passport I have to apply for a surrender certificate from the Indian Embassy.

My question is that I do not know what they will say and ask why I did not surrender 10 years ago, and the reason being was that it was lost as I believed and did not know what else there was to do.

I would like some help and advice and how to submit my application so that I may receive a surrender certificate, and then I can apply for a 5 year Indian Visa.

Thank you to all in advance in trying to help answer my question.

secret.simon

Re: Surrender Indian Passport Certificate required

Post by secret.simon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:13 pm

This is a question for the Other Countries forum, not for the General UK Immigration Forum. Can the mods please move the thread?

To answer your question directly, the requirements for a surrender certificate only came up after 2010 (I believe). Given that you already have a five year X-visa, I think the HCI would renew it. Only if they kick up a fuss about the surrender certificate would you want to get it. The forms for it are available online on the HCI London website. Google for Surrender of Indian Passport UK.

In a nutsheel; Let sleeping dogs lie. If they don't ask for a surrender certificate, don't remind them of it.

nov1970
Newly Registered

Post by nov1970 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:32 am

Thanks so much for your reply simon....sounds very logical and good too...will give it a try and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again mate!

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:24 pm

It's likely surrender certificate will be required along with your new visa application.
You can easily get a surrender certificate as pre 2010 application is pretty simple and costs less money as well