ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible to switch tier 2 general from FLR(o)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vs00098
Newly Registered

Eligible to switch tier 2 general from FLR(o)

Post by vs00098 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi,
I currently applied for FLR(o) and waiting for the response from UKVI. Previously I was in tier 4 student visa. Now I am getting lot of interview calls from companies. Is it possible to switch to tier 2 general from this situation and in this case, will any company do sponsorship for me if i got successful in interviews? Please guide me properly..

Thanks

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Eligible to switch tier 2 general from FLR(o)

Post by aaliya1986 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:12 pm

that is for the company to see the compliance matters.

you must inform the company your current visa situation that you have applied for a FLR o application and still awaiting decision. even after this if a company is willing to give you the CoS then after getting the CoS you can vary your situation and apply for a Tier 2 visa. but as a general understanding I find it little difficult for a company to give you a CoS if you have a pending FLR o application.

good luck.

tahseen
Newly Registered

Post by tahseen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:26 pm

I am in kind of a similar situation so decided to post my question here rather than making a new topic.

I have been sent the 60 days letter as my college was revoked expiring 14th march. As most people here are aware that it is almost impossible to get a new CAS with the 60 days letter.

I made a SAR(subject access request) request from the HO asking them if I have any time left to apply for a tier 4 visa according to the 5 year cap rule. Their reply was that they can't provide that information. It is a bit confusing to calculate the time according to the website mentioned by aalliya. However, since I have been in the uk for 9 years on tier 4, I doubt i would get CAS or have the necessary time left to make another tier 4 application.

I am also thinking of the FLRo application. What I wanted to know is, why is flro considered bad for your immigration history?

Thank you for the kind people who reply :)

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 pm

calculating the tier 4 time is very easy and not at all difficult. i can help you to do it, if you post all your course start dates and end dates and course level and institution.
please follow pages 55-61 of the link below for detailed guide.
and for calculating the time please refer specifically to pages 60-61.

tier 4
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

it is not difficult at all, and i do not think you needed to have filed a SAR to know the time left, as it is your responsibility to do it.

FLR (o) as said by the guidance in your case is 'Other purposes or reasons not covered by other application forms'.
the first and foremost question will be that what was the need to apply for a FLR (o)?
if you did not get admission on the 60 days letter you could have gone back and applied. for flr to be granted there need to be very solid and compassionate reasons, which you may or may not have.
provided you have 1 year left for your 10 years, even if you play by the system by sending the application, getting refused, appealing, again appealing. it will not give you 1 year, as flr turnaround times are faster and they will try to dismiss your appeal as you will be nearing the 10 years time.

flr o is considered to by bad for the immigration history because it shows the desperation to stay. once refused you will have to mention this in all visa applications you do for good number of years, for example for countries like, Australia, Canada, US and etc. and moreover your passport will be stamped with a refusal number which the immigration officers know is of refusal. any refusal from any country for a visa does not leave a good impression. its just like damaging your credibility to get a visa. even in the future you will have trouble getting the UK visa because you will be refused questioning your intention to return.

flr (o)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flro

Godson Stephen
Newly Registered

Post by Godson Stephen » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:56 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:that is for the company to see the compliance matters.

you must inform the company your current visa situation that you have applied for a FLR o application and still awaiting decision. even after this if a company is willing to give you the CoS then after getting the CoS you can vary your situation and apply for a Tier 2 visa. but as a general understanding I find it little difficult for a company to give you a CoS if you have a pending FLR o application.

good luck.
Dear Aaliya1986,
Thank you answering a similar question I had, but have you came across any cases in which company offered a Tier 2 visa to somebody applied for FLR o application.
Will this activity have any unhealthy effect on the company?

I'm in a similar situation and I have an interview on 29th of this month (Day after tomorrow).

It will be much appreciated if you could give a reply on this.

Thanks
Godson