ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TOEIC English Test visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pug23

TOEIC English Test visa refused

Post by pug23 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:08 am

Hi. I hope someone can help me.

My husband applied for spouse visa to join me in the uk. Today he was given a refusal due to him taking the TOEIC test (which HO said they stopped accepting in July 2014).

However, (and I am not able to check their website right now for a definite answer) states that they will consider tests thatwere taken before July 2014 .

Now I wanted your opinion on whether we should appeal or make a fresh application.

Someone my husband knows has told him to appeal and sit a test with another provider (test on 28 Feb) and he will get the results in around 2 months - would you advise us to take this route too?

I have tried to make things clear but if there is any info I have missed then please ask me as I need to get things moving asap.

Thank you :)

:( :(

pug23

Re: TOEIC English Test visa refused

Post by pug23 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:16 am

Also if we did go for the appeal process would they just look at the english test evidence or would they review the whole fill again?

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:36 am

Reapply. As TOEIC is no longer accepted for visa application. The appeal can take 6 to 12 months.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:03 am

maniani wrote:Reapply. As TOEIC is no longer accepted for visa application. The appeal can take 6 to 12 months.
Thanks for your reply. Do you know if I went for the appeal process would the file get reviewed again or just the reasln for refusal?

pug23

Post by pug23 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:20 pm

Can someone please help

shak80

Post by shak80 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:12 pm

HO is not accepting TOEIC. if you go for appeal they still need IELTS TEST bcoz they are not accepting TOIC.

best is
1. sit for IELTS TEST.
2. make fresh application.

you will get your visa.

pug23

Post by pug23 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:19 am

shak80 wrote:HO is not accepting TOEIC. if you go for appeal they still need IELTS TEST bcoz they are not accepting TOIC.

best is
1. sit for IELTS TEST.
2. make fresh application.

you will get your visa.
Thank you for your reply.

Currently my income falls under the threshold and my savings are a little short too. So what I want to know is that if my husband was to resit the test and appeal with this new test (to prove that he can speak english) do you think the visa will be granted or do you think it isna waste of time if I appeal.

And when an appeal is put through is the file reveiwed again or just the points that were refused

rayking, obie and casa would you please also be able to give me your opinion as you havw been very helpful in my previous posts. I could really do with some help from you too. Thanks

Mrs Asim

Post by Mrs Asim » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:49 pm

My husband did the A1 but his date of birth on one of the certificate is the wrong way round. Like the month has been entered as the day and the day as month. But the other certificate is correct. He recieved them seperatly has he had to do the test on diff occasions. Would you suggest we order a replacement ? Just takes too long !!!! The DOB is very small print will it make a difference ?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:58 am

pug23 wrote:Also if we did go for the appeal process would they just look at the english test evidence or would they review the whole fill again?

When an appeal is allowed, UKVI/the Embassy can review the case again to see if circumstances have changed. If you no longer meet the requirements, the visa can then be refused on that basis.

For example, my brother-in-law won his appeal but his wife had to send in current salary slips and bank statements before his visa was issued.